Stade Français

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Stade Français

Post by CJ »

really hope SF don't go down. I got to like them - well, any team that plays the sort of shirts they have had over the years has to have something going for them - and I so enjoy ZSF's posts. C'mon you men in pink.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Yes, it would be sad to see them drop. Remember that they were Top14 champions in 2015!!
Semper in excretia
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Robespierre wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:08 pm Yes, it would be sad to see them drop. Remember that they were Top14 champions in 2015!!
IIRC much to the surprise of all, especially SF.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Stade Français Paris is pleased to announce the recruitment of Heyneke Meyer to the position of sports director and head coach of the Club for the next two seasons, plus an option for an additional season.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

strawclearer wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:10 pm Stade Français Paris is pleased to announce the recruitment of Heyneke Meyer to the position of sports director and head coach of the Club for the next two seasons, plus an option for an additional season.
That's them playing a forward game with a kicking 10 in ProD2 then......
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

jgriffin wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:34 pm
strawclearer wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:10 pm Stade Français Paris is pleased to announce the recruitment of Heyneke Meyer to the position of sports director and head coach of the Club for the next two seasons, plus an option for an additional season.
ProD2 next season is a distinct possibility! They've got a tough game on Saturday at home to Stade Toulousain, home against Clermont on April 7th, away to Lyon on the 14th, the potential relegation decider at home to Brive on the 28th and the last match on the 5th of May at La Rochelle. I can't see them beating Stade Toulousain, Clermont and La Rochelle, so it's looking bleak.
Semper in excretia
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Robespierre wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:34 am
ProD2 next season is a distinct possibility! They've got a tough game on Saturday at home to Stade Toulousain, home against Clermont on April 7th, away to Lyon on the 14th, the potential relegation decider at home to Brive on the 28th and the last match on the 5th of May at La Rochelle. I can't see them beating Stade Toulousain, Clermont and La Rochelle, so it's looking bleak.
Apologies, mon ami, it was a joke....but I can see the pain of it all. I hope it goes better than you expect.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Meyer will suit the french game IMO.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

jgriffin wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:01 am
Apologies, mon ami, it was a joke....but I can see the pain of it all. I hope it goes better than you expect.
Pas de problème, jg ! The club I wouldn't like to see go down is Brive, as I've got good memories of sharing several pints with their supporters in Cardiff 1997!
Semper in excretia
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Robespierre wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:40 pm
jgriffin wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:01 am

Pas de problème, jg ! The club I wouldn't like to see go down is Brive, as I've got good memories of sharing several pints with their supporters in Cardiff 1997!
I was there for that game, not great memories of the thrashing but a great day out and plenty of bonhomie!!

Preferred Cardiff in 2002 though I have to say!!

As for Paris in 2001 my memory is still a blurr from over indulgence I seem to remember :smt002
Soggypitch
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

SF lost at home to Toulouse but had an lbp. Brive beat Agen (lbp for Agen) and Oyonnax were thrashed at Pau, so the bottom of the table is: Agen and SF on 33 points, Brive 31 and Oyonnax 30. Next round sees Agen home to Oyonnax, SF home to Clermont and Brive home to Lyon, none of which am I going to predict !!
Semper in excretia
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

I do hope Stade France survive. They have a great body of fans, many years ago I had the pleasure of meeting Jean Michel who was Chairman of Les Amis a Stade supporter group and am still in touch, we meet whenever Tigers play in Paris and in October he came to the Racing 92 match wearing a Tiger's shirt.
Jacko27

Post by Jacko27 »

Stade Francais beat -well thumped actually- Clermont yesterday and relieved their relegation worries although, with three matches to go, they're by no means safe yet. However, looking at the French Top 14 League Table, I noticed the strange statistical quirk that Stade Francais - three from bottom - and still in a relegation fight have actually scored more points than Racing 92 who are second in the table and have a good chance of winning it.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Jacko27 wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:23 pm Stade Francais beat -well thumped actually- Clermont yesterday and relieved their relegation worries although, with three matches to go, they're by no means safe yet. However, looking at the French Top 14 League Table, I noticed the strange statistical quirk that Stade Francais - three from bottom - and still in a relegation fight have actually scored more points than Racing 92 who are second in the table and have a good chance of winning it.
They did indeed, and Clermont will be looking forward to the close season to regroup and prepare for next season - without top flight European rugby for more years than I can remember.

Despite the win, SF are not out of the woods ..... yet.

The bottom of the table is:

Agen 38 points
SF 38
Brive 32
Oyonnax 30

The last three rounds for these teams threatened with the drop are :

Lyon v SF (tough for SF)
Oyonnax v Brive (the loser will be for the drop - probably Brive)
Pau v Agen (Pau are gunning for the play-offs and there home record is good)

SF v Brive (surely SF won't lose!)
Agen v Clermont (Clermont already seem to have thrown in the towel)
Oyonnax v Lyon (Lyon in with a chance of qualifying for European Champions' Cup)

Brive v Bordeaux (Brive may well already be without hope of surviving)
La Rochelle v SF (La Rochelle should win)
Racing v Agen (Racing comfortable winners)
Castres v Oyonnax (Castres home win)

So who's going down? Probably Brive and Oyonnax but it ain't over 'til that fat lady sings!
Semper in excretia
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Keep fingers crossed for Stade...