Ryan Wilson gets off?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fleabane
Super User
Super User

Re: Ryan Wilson gets off?

Post by fleabane »

I’m with johnthegriff on this one, there is no consistency within ruling bodies, let alone between them.

When you are illegally pinned to the ground, pushing the attack’s head away is an almost automatic reaction. Where there is no attempt to attack the eyes through a gouging motion, a shove is a shove.

I also agree that the perpetrator as well as the reacting player should be carded where an illegal pinning, punch, hit etc is punished.
Valhalla I am coming!
BengalTiger

Post by BengalTiger »

biffer wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:05 pm
johnthegriff wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:01 pm There is absolute consistency, Celtic league players innocent or lesser sentences despite the evidence, English or French players guilty with hefty sentences even if there is no evidence. Remember Cozza being banned after Julian White had been accused, when they realised it could not possibly have been Jules unless he had arms like Mr Tickle they decided it must have been Martin Correy even though there was no evidence of any hands coming into contact with an Osprey's eye.
Well that’s one of the biggest pieces of nonsense I’ve read in a while.
There was no evidence, to back up the claim from Hibard, there were multiple camera angles and none showed how Cory could be guilty, if I remember the ruling correctly, they admitted there was no evidence but they took the word of Hibard as enough to hand a lengthy ban! One of the lowest points in citing history, IMHO of course, though Alesana getting banned for running over a Japanese player too fast was another one!
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

BengalTiger wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:51 pm One of the lowest points in citing history, IMHO of course, though Alesana getting banned for running over a Japanese player too fast was another one!
Yes but this was down to the weather - there was a "nippon in the air!" :smt043
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

BengalTiger wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:51 pm
biffer wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:05 pm
johnthegriff wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:01 pm There is absolute consistency, Celtic league players innocent or lesser sentences despite the evidence, English or French players guilty with hefty sentences even if there is no evidence. Remember Cozza being banned after Julian White had been accused, when they realised it could not possibly have been Jules unless he had arms like Mr Tickle they decided it must have been Martin Correy even though there was no evidence of any hands coming into contact with an Osprey's eye.
Well that’s one of the biggest pieces of nonsense I’ve read in a while.
There was no evidence, to back up the claim from Hibard, there were multiple camera angles and none showed how Cory could be guilty, if I remember the ruling correctly, they admitted there was no evidence but they took the word of Hibard as enough to hand a lengthy ban! One of the lowest points in citing history, IMHO of course, though Alesana getting banned for running over a Japanese player too fast was another one!
Was talking about the first sentence.