Bateman, Veainu, Bateman
:smt003
:smt026
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Re: Wuss vs Tigers

Post by Noddy555 »

Yes Bateman had yet another good game on Sunday but the name I would be chanting is Toomua,Toomua,Toomua. The way he is playing at No 10 means that it will be difficult to replace him with Fo :smt026 rd once George returns from international duty, The only rider to that is the situation with injuries in the centre positions.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

sam16111986 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:39 pm Won't happen but I'd like to see Worth in at 12. Secondary playmaker, which is how we'll play when Ford is back. Worth is also more physical than Tait and Worcester have some big ball carriers. The rest of the backline is pretty experienced so it's not like we need Tait there for organisational purposes.
People keep asking for Worth, but I am concerned that he appears to be lacking in pace.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Depending on the injury situation with Owen I would field the same side that finished the first half at Alliance park.
I thought that Matt Tait did particularly well when he came on after a couple of minutes for the injured Owen. :smt002
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

LE18 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:40 pm People keep asking for Worth, but I am concerned that he appears to be lacking in pace.
True. He will never be particularly fast nor elusive, meaning he won't be a top class full back. However at centre or even fly half those attributes aren't as important. He could potentially make a good centre I think.
Olowofela is much more likely to become a top class full back.
MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MikeR »

At the moment I much prefer Worth as our fill in Full Back - he can tackle , kick and catch the high ball - unlike Olafowa at the present time . The latter may get better but I fear that he will have to bulk up a bit if he is to make the grade at 15 - a gust of wind will blow him over .
I too would stick to the same Team apart from Tait for Owen .
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Regarding Olowfela's lack of bulk, I remember saying exactly the same thing about a skinny kid called Geordan Murphy, he didn't bulk up and didn't do too badly.
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

As stated I would prefer as close to starting lineup as possible with Worth and Tate covering injuries.
But Please please please keep them all on for as close to 80 mins as possible (exempting injury ).
Too many changes late on cost us a margin that made Sarries scoreline respectable in defeat.
Teams like Warps and Exeter perform and score better in the last 20.
Would not like Wuss to do likewise.

Yes I know conditioning coaches will be appalled - better to keep momentum than start from scratch with too many fresh.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

wellstiger wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:12 am As stated I would prefer as close to starting lineup as possible with Worth and Tate covering injuries.
But Please please please keep them all on for as close to 80 mins as possible (exempting injury ).
Too many changes late on cost us a margin that made Sarries scoreline respectable in defeat.
Teams like Warps and Exeter perform and score better in the last 20.
Would not like Wuss to do likewise.

Yes I know conditioning coaches will be appalled - better to keep momentum than start from scratch with too many fresh.
Sounds like I wasn't the only one panicking when the 'finishers' came on!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Last week there were many posts complaining that Simmonds did not come on early enough, a view that was expressed by some on the coach on the way to Allianz Park, like others the same people were asking after the game " Why did they take Sam Harrison off ? " My view is that often it is the tired legs near the end of the game that cramp and pull muscles, the game was won and even a losing bonus point to Saracens is unlikely to affect us. Even with my optimism I think top two is now out of reach, sorry unlikely; our target is fourth possibly third and then to win the semi-final and final.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Mike Williams through his HIA and available for Wuss. Good news - he showed more than a few glimpses of the 'old' Mike Williams against Sarries.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

MikeR wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:00 am At the moment I much prefer Worth as our fill in Full Back - he can tackle , kick and catch the high ball - unlike Olafowa at the present time . The latter may get better but I fear that he will have to bulk up a bit if he is to make the grade at 15 - a gust of wind will blow him over .
I too would stick to the same Team apart from Tait for Owen .
From a skinny person, I can tell you that Olowofela won’t get blown over by a gust of wind. Not everyone needs to be Nemani Nadolo size you know.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

On an unrelated note, now it’s confirmed that bateman is the most important player in the squad, so when dan and ellis return does bateman move into hooker? It is the position I believe we signed him in.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Stephen18 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:20 pm On an unrelated note, now it’s confirmed that bateman is the most important player in the squad, so when dan and ellis return does bateman move into hooker? It is the position I believe we signed him in.
It's a good shout and true he was signed as a hooker. Not sure if he's been practicing his throwing though....

It would be great to have Bateman and Gengey on the pitch together.

The other (almost) sacrilegious thought is to play Bateman at 3 with Genge and the Aussie. Now that would be a dynamic front row.
Soggypitch
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Stephen18 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:20 pm On an unrelated note, now it’s confirmed that bateman is the most important player in the squad, so when dan and ellis return does bateman move into hooker? It is the position I believe we signed him in.
Still on the website as a Hooker