Captain Hartley

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Captain Hartley

Post by Soggypitch »

Congratulations to Dylan Hartley who will win his 92nd cap tomorrow, becoming the second most capped player for England of all time (behind Jason L obviously!).

He has been a rock under Jones, not put a foot wrong and although he may not be the best/most talented hooker in England, he has shown fantastic leadership and his contribution to England's resurgence should be recognised and applauded.
Soggypitch
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Captain Hartley

Post by fentiger »

Fair assessment. Never my favourite player (for many obvious reasons!) but fair play to him for maturing.
Taking nothing away from him he owes a lot to Eddy Jones for putting his faith in him, another master stroke by Jones?
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Indeed, he's paid a bit of a price over the years for he's indiscretions, missing Lions tours and the like. But he's stuck at it and certainly been instrumental in Jones successful reign so far. Would be delighted to see him lift the RWC! And just to be fair I wouldn't defend his indiscretions. I think he's been a bit of a silly boy at times. But he's made a good fist of making up for it.
Flash

Post by Flash »

He must love his time away with England, he gets to play alongside Dan Cole rather than Brookes :smt005
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

Sorry to rain on his parade but when England under the pump (like against Italy last year) they look leaderless.

Poor old Dylan has neither the brains nor the personality to captain under pressure. Of course George is also a better player.

Eddie needs a rethink prior to world cup I think