Final league table

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ellis9
Super User
Super User

Final league table

Post by ellis9 »

Having looked at every teams remaining fixtures and how I think the results will go, this is how the league will finish if I'm correct.

Gloucester and Bath would be on equal points as would Sale and Quins so depending on tries scored, the positions could be switched.

1st. Saracens 84
2nd. Exeter 82
3rd. Wasps 77
4th. *Gloucester 59
5th. *Bath 59
6th. Tigers 58
7th. Falcons 55
8th. *Sale 44
9th. *Quins 44
10th. Worcester 41
11th. Saints 40
12th. Irish 11

This would be with Tigers winning 5 from the last 7 matches but getting no bonus points, losing away at Saracens with no points and losing at Twickenham to Bath with a losing bonus point.
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Final league table

Post by Coops »

Seems a fair assessment ellis9

I did a similar thing a few weeks back and judged that we'd finish either 6th or 7th depending on results, but those results weren't ours but that of others.
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Love the optimism !!!
Every record eventually has to be broken and the Bookies have us about 7th with 48 points.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

fortysix wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:22 pm Love the optimism !!!
Every record eventually has to be broken and the Bookies have us about 7th with 48 points.
A record would be broken. Tigers not finishing in the top 4 for the first time since 2004.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

So - we beat Bath at HQ and get 4th.

Excellent!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Can't see us winning 5/7 whatsoever but here's hoping, I'd say we lose 2 more possibly Wuss away and Wasps at home.
Not a jock
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Not a jock »

What do the bookies know? William Hill has the Not Nots (and Wuss) 1000-1 to win the premiership final. Given they have 11 points now and seven games to play, if they win all seven with try bonus points, the maximum they can reach is 46 points. Glaws, Falcons and Barf currently have 42, 41 and 41 points respectively. There are two games between two of these three so a minimum of eight points has to go to these three. Both games involve Glaws so if they loose both and all three teams gain no other points for the rest of the season it would end 42, 45 & 45 points respectively thereby allowing the Not Nots to progress (assuming all the other mediocre teams make little or no progress up the table which is extremely unlikely). It makes Not Nots vs Glaws a key game! All this is much longer odds than 1000-1 IMHO.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Top 3 is written is just an ordering issue.

4th spot is open with 5 teams in with a shout and lots of games to take place between them. I honestly wouldn't like to predict who gets it.

As we all know from campaigns previous it's all about being an upward curve at this time of the season but with so many teams in the mix there is going to be a lot of disappointment. If I am being optimistic the one thing in our favour is our experience of doing it. But we'll see.

I also think the 5 teams in question all capable of beating even the top 3 on their day aswell as coughing up against their rivals or lesser opposition so trying to predict the results for me is facile. Not that I wish to deter those who wish to have a go.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Not a jock wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:44 am What do the bookies know?
I presume you take a lot of money of them then :smt003

The 1000/1 is a token offer. Nobody will be betting on them now anyway. They could offer 10,000/1 but what would be the point.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

I don't know where we will finish, but I do see Falcons being above us.
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

ellis9 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:06 am
A record would be broken. Tigers not finishing in the top 4 for the first time since 2004.
Fact remains wherever we finish MOC will survive it, unlike his predecessors.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

sapajo wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:16 pm
ellis9 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:06 am
Fact remains wherever we finish MOC will survive it, unlike his predecessors.
All circumstances are different. There is no written or unwritten rules about when you change your DoR/Coaches.
jamie1880

Post by jamie1880 »

ellis9 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:01 pm Having looked at every teams remaining fixtures and how I think the results will go, this is how the league will finish if I'm correct.

Gloucester and Bath would be on equal points as would Sale and Quins so depending on tries scored, the positions could be switched.

1st. Saracens 84
2nd. Exeter 82
3rd. Wasps 77
4th. *Gloucester 59
5th. *Bath 59
6th. Tigers 58
7th. Falcons 55
8th. *Sale 44
9th. *Quins 44
10th. Worcester 41
11th. Saints 40
12th. Irish 11

This would be with Tigers winning 5 from the last 7 matches but getting no bonus points, losing away at Saracens with no points and losing at Twickenham to Bath with a losing bonus point.
I've got very similar, with Bath getting 4th with 60 and Tigers in 6th on 58 as well, assuming losses to Saracens, and Twickers LBP. No attacking bonus points in there at all.

So to sum up, the Clash and Worcester away are must wins if we want top 4. Wasps at home and Sale away are potential slip ups.

You never know, a losing bonus point this weekend could be the difference between semi finals and no semi finals. That should be our minimum aim vs Saracens.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

As we have played 2 matches since I posted how I thought the table would finish, I have re-done it to see how it will now finish if my predictions are right. I had us picking up no points at Sarries and only 4 away to Worcester. I'm glad I was wrong!

1st Exeter 85
2nd Saracens 75
3rd Wasps 74
4th Tigers 64
5th Newcastle 63
6th Gloucester 59
7th Bath 55
8th Sale 47
9th Quins 42
10th Saints 36
11th Worcester 32
12th Irish 15

I still have us beating Wasps at home and only getting 4 points. A loss against Bath at Twickenham and getting a losing bonus point and then winning the final 3 games with no bonus point in any of those 3. This is how I previously had our last 5 fixtures going so nothing has changed from that point of view.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Bath at Twickenham might be a possible W as even though Bath have tried to address their away form it hasn’t improved. However I imagine Bath will still have more supporters than us, I criticised Tigers last year on the Rugby Blog (http://www.therugbyblog.com/community-a ... to-improve) for not being “with it” online and social media :smt024 with the lack of promotion for the Clash which Bath was praised for. There hasn’t been barely any promotion again this year and Tigers should wear a special Matt Hampson Foundation Shirt but I doubt they will.

While the new website & app and improved use of social media is very welcome, I still don’t know why Tigers haven’t been promoting the Clash
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni