Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ourla
Super User
Super User

(Our) culture

Post by ourla »

From post on the Sarries unoffy:
In BT's coverage there were some interesting insights into the oft-maligned culture that Small & co have created. Sanderson came across very well. Some informative clips of the fun players have around training, the one-one conversations with coaches, post game celebratory song then visit to the pub. I can't help to think that this must compare favourably to prospective signings, for example set against Leicester's "Monday Beasting", separate changing room for "newer" players, separate training for Academy players etc.
I am calling :censored: on this.. but based on no real evidence.

Anybody with more knowledge...?

Certainly on the Academy thing, I thought this had been recognised and changed a couple of years ago.

Wasn't beasting day Tuesday? Still happening?

Separate changing rooms for newer players seems childish but perhaps there is a more practical reason....?
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: (Our) culture

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Billy V. was asked live on BT first shown game what he'd been doing over the summer. His answer "staying humble"! Not getting fit,or spending time with family et,staying humble,great team but I can't stand Sarries " culture" and Sanderson is a tool of the highest order,riddled with cliches and definitely one for the mute button when he's on!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

ourla wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:50 pm From post on the Sarries unoffy:
In BT's coverage there were some interesting insights into the oft-maligned culture that Small & co have created. Sanderson came across very well. Some informative clips of the fun players have around training, the one-one conversations with coaches, post game celebratory song then visit to the pub. I can't help to think that this must compare favourably to prospective signings, for example set against Leicester's "Monday Beasting", separate changing room for "newer" players, separate training for Academy players etc.

Certainly on the Academy thing, I thought this had been recognised and changed a couple of years ago.

Separate changing rooms for newer players seems childish but perhaps there is a more practical reason....?
Whilst Tuesdays are still regarded as the toughest training day of the week I don't think it's not as extreme as it used to be.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

The changing rooms at Oval Park aren't what I'd call ample.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:40 pm Billy V. was asked live on BT first shown game what he'd been doing over the summer. His answer "staying humble"! Not getting fit,or spending time with family et,staying humble,great team but I can't stand Sarries " culture" and Sanderson is a tool of the highest order,riddled with cliches and definitely one for the mute button when he's on!
Echoes my thoughts precisely!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

sam16111986 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:15 pm

Oadby Wigs is in disarray, Tigers must be reluctant to make improvements to someone else's club
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

JP14 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:36 pm

Oadby Wigs is in disarray, Tigers must be reluctant to make improvements to someone else's club
Aren't tigers keen to move away?
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Another thing about Sarries I remember was an AP semi final at home to Stains and their players had a tunnel of WAGs and kids on the pitch clapping them on before the game! A semi! What's that all about?! Stains won too hahaha which cheered me up,their fans are fine ones to talk!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

RagingBull wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:54 pm

Aren't tigers keen to move away?
Hopefully the parking is dreadful there
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

As I understand it the partnership doesn't work anymore. Tigers don't want to invest in facilities they have to share and Wiggs don't either. Wiggs would quite like sole tenancy because currently they can't access as much grant funding as they'd like because the facilities are shared with a professional club.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

in terms of clubhouse Tigers don't use Wigs, they have a completely separate building, what they share are the pitches