Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

jgriffin
Super User
Super User

History repeating itself- I hope not!

Post by jgriffin »

Jan 15 2012
"A wise post, Sapajo

I did not think that RC should go. I still think - as I have done for nearly two seasons - that MOC just isn't good enough. RC needs people who are competent. In my cups last night I even shuddered at the thought of RC resigning and MOC remaining. :smt009
But this is the beginning of the end for RC unless some miracle occurs.
I reached the end of my tether against Wasps when our backs were running slow circle ball and the Wasps defence just stood off and waited for the lateral messing about to finish, then picked the ball carrier off without the gain line being breached.
I watched Leinster/Glasgow today and saw more moves in five minutes than I have seen from Tigers all season. Both sides ran from depth onto the ball at angles and created gaps.
We have a lot of talented players, some great players, and some real talent coming through. I don't think the players lack passion, I think some may have lost faith in the coaching and tactics, and that the cracks are showing on the field in loss of confidence.

This is NOT moaning, but despairing."
That is why I am such a cynic about Tigers currently. there are several other posts i could have sampled, saying much the same.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: History repeating itself- I hope not!

Post by chewbacca »

The match against Quins I think taught us a couple of things. The backs game plan is barren and predictable until some maverick(hero) decides to play his way. Unfortunately I don't think he will be allowed to wear the 10 shirt that many times.
Not unexpectedly some of our players are not yet fully match fit.
I'm not cynical just experienced
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Our attack is so 'crab-like' and our defence so passive that one feels that if a Tigers lateral attack were to go up against a static Tigers defence.....the two might never actually meet!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Rugby is a simple game, as we’re constantly being told. If MOC had anything about him, he’d see that trying to get to the “edge”, as he loves his teams to do....is not achievable with a set of players with little or no ability to pass the ball in front of a team mate, let alone catch the thing......and you earn the right to go wide. Never a true word.....we have a superb set of backs on paper but it’s like asking Sergio Aguero to go in goal, he’d probably give it a go but ultimately fail.....you get the drift hopefully.
FrontRowUnionMember
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by FrontRowUnionMember »

Very noticeable how Quins were able to move the ball across the pitch with attackers offering angled runs which fixed the defence, allowing them to create/execute overlaps. Tigers attack was far more predictable, just going 'coast to coast' with little to no options from depth behind the obvious runner.
Tigers luckily had an edge physically which allowed them to grind the win. But again, alarmingly how wasteful we were, in decision making, but more crucially losing the ball in contact through rips.