Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: Sarries vs Tigers

Post by JP14 »

1 Bateman 9/10 no words needed, what a try, what a player

2 Polota-Nau - 7/10 did well scrum-time, took a knock early on and lasted 55 mins so didn’t do a lot

3 Mulipola- 7/10 I’m impressed how well Mulipola has worked on his scrummaging and made a few meters with 3 people on his back

4 Fitzgerald - 7/10 very good in defence, and was carrying really well like he was when we last got a BP win

5 Kitchener - 6.5/10, good in defence and in lineout but didn’t add anything elsewhere

6 Williams - His best game in a while until he had to come off after landing very badly. Let’s hope that concussion isn’t serious. 7/10

7 O’Connor 8.5/10 - Offical MOTM, made a great turnover off the lineout and made about 20 meters ball in hand.

8 Kalamafoni - 7/10 Made his tackles and did the hard graft at carrying but was quieter than last week.

9 Harrison - 8/10 His best performance since the Harlequins away last year, very controlled performance, was much quicker than last week getting to the breakdown and his box-kicks were good.

10 Toomua - 7.5/10 Another instrumental performance from Toomua who set up Veainu’s wonder try but missed easy-ish penalties.

11 Holmes - 7/10 Nice of Tuilagi to give him the ball for the try he deserved, always threatened outwide, was also very solid in defence.

12 Owen - N/A let’s hope that injury doesn’t keep him out too long.

13 Tuilagi - 8/10 His best game for a while, was much more powerful ball in hand, scored a try and for giving his try to Holmes that can add an extra 0.5.

14 Thompstone - 7.5/10 Very good defensively especially a monster hit on Barrett and showed up in midfield to carry the ball.

15 Veainu - 8/10 That try and that fend off was world class, glad to see get back after that horrific injury, was also 100% in the air as well

16 OTY - 6.5/10 Didn’t put a foot wrong when he came on.

17 Rizzo - 5.5/10 Won a penalty in the scrum but then got penalised again 3 times and was sent off.

18 Cilliers - 7/10 Put in a few decent defensive hits in.

19 Wells - 6/10 Didn't put a foot wrong

20 Hamilton - 7/10 Carried with real dog and steel when he came on for Williams

21 Simmons - ^^

22 Ford - N/A

23 Tait- 8/10 An assured and experienced performance from Tait who filled in effortlessly for Gareth Owen
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

Second that. From " yon bonnie banks and yon bonnie braes" to "ey up me dook, stick it up em toigers" in 24 hours my idea of heaven .. Pint of Tiger with a Auchentushen chaser would end the weekend beautifully.

On Bateman .. who I have rated since his arrival and as someone Said just gets better and better, when Genge a Cole return I would like to seen him ( Baters) at hooker. I think it would make for a very powerful scrummage and a very dynamic loose.
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

JP14 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:00 am 1 Bateman 9/10 no words needed, what a try, what a player

2 Polota-Nau - 7/10 did well scrum-time, took a knock early on and lasted 55 mins so didn’t do a lot

3 Mulipola- 7/10 I’m impressed how well Mulipola has worked on his scrummaging and made a few meters with 3 people on his back

4 Fitzgerald - 7/10 very good in defence, and was carrying really well like he was when we last got a BP win

5 Kitchener - 6.5/10, good in defence and in lineout but didn’t add anything elsewhere

6 Williams - His best game in a while until he had to come off after landing very badly. Let’s hope that concussion isn’t serious. 7/10

7 O’Connor 8.5/10 - Offical MOTM, made a great turnover off the lineout and made about 20 meters ball in hand.

8 Kalamafoni - 7/10 Made his tackles and did the hard graft at carrying but was quieter than last week.

9 Harrison - 8/10 His best performance since the Harlequins away last year, very controlled performance, was much quicker than last week getting to the breakdown and his box-kicks were good.

10 Toomua - 7.5/10 Another instrumental performance from Toomua who set up Veainu’s wonder try but missed easy-ish penalties.

11 Holmes - 7/10 Nice of Tuilagi to give him the ball for the try he deserved, always threatened outwide, was also very solid in defence.

12 Owen - N/A let’s hope that injury doesn’t keep him out too long.

13 Tuilagi - 8/10 His best game for a while, was much more powerful ball in hand, scored a try and for giving his try to Holmes that can add an extra 0.5.

14 Thompstone - 7.5/10 Very good defensively especially a monster hit on Barrett and showed up in midfield to carry the ball.

15 Veainu - 8/10 That try and that fend off was world class, glad to see get back after that horrific injury, was also 100% in the air as well

16 OTY - 6.5/10 Didn’t put a foot wrong when he came on.

17 Rizzo - 5.5/10 Won a penalty in the scrum but then got penalised again 3 times and was sent off.

18 Cilliers - 7/10 Put in a few decent defensive hits in.

19 Wells - 6/10 Didn't put a foot wrong

20 Hamilton - 7/10 Carried with real dog and steel when he came on for Williams

21 Simmons - ^^

22 Ford - N/A

23 Tait- 8/10 An assured and experienced performance from Tait who filled in effortlessly for Gareth Owen
I think you are being a bit generous with Youngs and Simmons both missed two tackles that lead to Saracens scores.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

So, maybe players and/or ex-players do read the forum, Tweet from Marcos:

"What an away win by @LeicesterTigers over @Saracens congratulations for everyone back there. #KeepTheFaith"

Nice homage to our dearly departed member!
Tomvarndell
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Tomvarndell »

Hinckley Bob wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:46 pm I enjoyed that but it is all becoming a little too optimistic. Where is Roly?
:smt001 it is strange how somebody who is supposedly a Tigers fan appears every Monday without fail after a defeat posting the same opinions several times on every topic but then after a good win he is nowhere to be seen.
Tiger93

Post by Tiger93 »

Toomua once again outstanding as 10 and as captain.

He is a threat with ball in hand, bringing others into play and his passing is the best at the club. At this rate England's 10 may well be the second best 10 at his club...
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

I'd think about keeping MT at 10 too,Veainu doesn't score that try with George at 10,simple as because he doesn't get that offload in the first place,George just isn't a running threat these days.
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:34 pm I just rewatched the highlights. That handoff that TV gave Spencer was a work of art. I am still smiling about it. ....
And TV outsprinted the much-vaunted, super-sprinter, England prospect Earle to the line, even whilst zig-zagging!
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

TomWeston wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:57 am
Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:34 pm I just rewatched the highlights. That handoff that TV gave Spencer was a work of art. I am still smiling about it. ....
And TV outsprinted the much-vaunted, super-sprinter, England prospect Earle to the line, even whilst zig-zagging!
Earle had a game to forget!! Bateman was immense, why isn't he on England's radar? Much better than Marler in the loose and he can play anywhere across the front row. Whilst Cole is a great scrummager, our most dynamic front row would be Genge, TFP and Bateman at 3. That would give us some real go forward and would also be fine in the tight IMO.
Unexpected but great win, partly making up for the Murrayfield debacle!!
Soggypitch
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Earle has an absolute nightmare which may come back to haunt him. Two standard winger finishes and he blew both, although the tackle on the first one was good, the second one.....he just dropped the ball ! Also burned by TV for his try, it won’t make decent viewing when Sarries review that one.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Earle had a true Ronnie Rosenthal moment with the 2nd one, the 1st was great defence.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

westwinds31 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:22 pm Earle has an absolute nightmare which may come back to haunt him. Two standard winger finishes and he blew both, although the tackle on the first one was good, the second one.....he just dropped the ball ! Also burned by TV for his try, it won’t make decent viewing when Sarries review that one.
He come good from this. A talented lad with lots to learn.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

TigerCam wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:42 pm If nothing else the game will be a test of fortitude and commitment? Certainly a big test for Bakewell's influence on the forwards. It has to be direct as any lateral play will just meet the Sarries 'brickwall' defence and create forced errors and kicking possession away. For a Sarries side as strong as that without Rhodes and Skelton etc, I will be best pleased with an LBP. I don't think 'Lady Luck' will deliver a win but the game hasn't been played yet!! :smt027 :smt027
So 'Lady Luck' did deliver. Only seen the highlight so far, game recorded as I was travelling home yesterday. Shame about the 'drop-off' in performance in the second 40 but I'm confident that the road to recovery under Dr Bakewell in underway? Bakewell appears to have a good measure of the problems up front according to TRP? I was a bit sceptical about the 'boxing' matches in training but heyho; 'seconds away round two' :hammer: :axe:
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:07 pm ... Tait looks a natural 12 now, covers up lack of top end speed....
Might be a bit slower now but there is no substitute for class, and Taity has always had it.
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:11 pm deserved try for his work rate for Holmes, a little surprised Manu gave it to him
Give the poor handling by our backs recently Manu deserves to be fined for having given Holmes the opportunity to drop it and thereby squander the TBP. Holmes was nearer the ‘H’ but the TBP was worth more than the extra 2 points.