Sarries vs Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tiger93

Re: Sarries vs Tigers

Post by Tiger93 »

Sarries 15 is ridiculously strong considering the time of year but bench not so.

If its close at 60mins I'd back us.
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

No Barrow in the squad is my only surprise. We can win as long as we believe we can and front up.
There is never any points for 2nd place...
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

If nothing else the game will be a test of fortitude and commitment? Certainly a big test for Bakewell's influence on the forwards. It has to be direct as any lateral play will just meet the Sarries 'brickwall' defence and create forced errors and kicking possession away. For a Sarries side as strong as that without Rhodes and Skelton etc, I will be best pleased with an LBP. I don't think 'Lady Luck' will deliver a win but the game hasn't been played yet!! :smt027 :smt027
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

And smash the gain line. If we start going back Sarries will smother us and we will be up feacal river without propulsion. We need to make the hard yards and don’t let them push through our defence at will. Other than that, all good!!
There is never any points for 2nd place...
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Good Tigers side but a ridiculously strong Sarries team considering who they are missing!

Still hoping....!
Soggypitch
Flash

Post by Flash »

Would've liked to see Worth on the bench. All in all a good team, hopefully this weekend is when they give a full performance... we're definitely due one.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

:smt023 for Taf starting and Hamilton back (although I'd have started him with Williams benched). Would have liked Simmons to start and Worth to bench in place of Ford.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

Soggypitch wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:41 am Ok we have a few out but Sarries have lost Vunipola x 2, Itoje, Kruis, George, Farrell, Wrigglesworth......any others I've missed?
I think Liam Williams is starting for Wales.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

teds wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:45 pm
Soggypitch wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:41 am Ok we have a few out but Sarries have lost Vunipola x 2, Itoje, Kruis, George, Farrell, Wrigglesworth......any others I've missed?
Well spotted teds. But they still have a back line of Goode, Earle, Wyles, Barritt, Bosch, Spencer and Lozowski, plus a back row of Burger, Clark and Wray. In all seriousness how do they afford that depth of squad without breaching the you know what?!!

I was just moaning to my son about it being a 3.30 KO and overlapping with England, when he advised me it is a Sunday game....hooray, one of the few occasions when that pleases me!! :smt002
Soggypitch
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Soggypitch wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:49 pm
Well spotted teds. But they still have a back line of Goode, Earle, Wyles, Barritt, Bosch, Spencer and Lozowski, plus a back row of Burger, Clark and Wray. In all seriousness how do they afford that depth of squad without breaching the you know what?!!

I was just moaning to my son about it being a 3.30 KO and overlapping with England, when he advised me it is a Sunday game....hooray, one of the few occasions when that pleases me!! :smt002
They have highly paid cleaners!
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Soggypitch wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:41 am Well spotted teds. But they still have a back line of Goode, Earle, Wyles, Barritt, Bosch, Spencer and Lozowski, plus a back row of Burger, Clark and Wray. In all seriousness how do they afford that depth of squad without breaching the you know what?!!
Do you think ours:

15 Telusa Veainu
14 Adam Thompstone
13 Manu Tuilagi
12 Gareth Owen
11 Jonah Holmes
10 Matt Toomua (c)
9 Sam Harrison

is a whole lot cheaper?

That said I think players salaries should be published.
Super User
Super User

Post by 4071 »

Soggypitch wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:49 pm
Check their bench... it's an Anglo-Welsh Cup bench. They have depth, but it's not ridiculous.

If you talk about depth, we have seven full international props on our books, plus Bateman and Traynor. We invest heavily in some positions, other teams do in other positions.
Super User
Super User

Post by 4071 »

ourla wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:52 pm
Soggypitch wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:41 am Well spotted teds. But they still have a back line of Goode, Earle, Wyles, Barritt, Bosch, Spencer and Lozowski, plus a back row of Burger, Clark and Wray. In all seriousness how do they afford that depth of squad without breaching the you know what?!!
Do you think ours:

15 Telusa Veainu
14 Adam Thompstone
13 Manu Tuilagi
12 Gareth Owen
11 Jonah Holmes
10 Matt Toomua (c)
9 Sam Harrison

is a whole lot cheaper?

That said I think players salaries should be published.
How much do you earn?

If you're so keen on the public knowing how much everyone earns, you surely won't mind sharing?
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

4071 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:02 pm How much do you earn?

If you're so keen on the public knowing how much everyone earns, you surely won't mind sharing?
I don't work for an organisation with a salary cap.
Flash

Post by Flash »

I don't think it would be a bad idea to at least list the salary bands and what type of workers fit in to those bands.