Harrison
Toomua
Holmes
Owen
Manu
Thompstone
Veaniu

Reps: Youngs, Rizzo, Muli, Williams, Evans, Simmonds, Tait, Worth
Pretty much in agreement with this. Debatable whether Fitzgerald or Williams is better on the bench and I think I'd start Simmonds. If there's any doubt about O'Connor's knees, I'd start Evans. I suspect Ford will bench again at the expense of Worth unfortunately.
Moc has said in the press conference dom barrow is training and avilable for selection, so you can hopefully add him to your debate about 2nd row replacment .
Would be nice to see mapapalangi get some game time again seem to have been pushed out a bit recently, hope we’ve signed him on more than a one year deal i think hes got a real chance of becoming and attacking threat like crofty in the loose.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: Sarries vs Tigers

Post by RagingBull »

Didn't BOC start against Falcons this season? so not sure why the pitch would affect him now.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Craig Maxwell-Keys is 'Sir'. Adam Leal and Peter Allan are the touch judges, Sean Davey is the real referee with the telly and Grant Seely will be looking for naughty things.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Just what we need, a clueless ref & a shocking TMO.(Davey has never given us anything)

The pitch & dodgy knees, feet is an issue, Scarlets didn't pick a few against Cardiff around Xmas. Slater doesn't like it, the game should be played on real grass, if its a mud bath, its a mud bath the top clubs should be able to afford decent pitch care, if they can't they should prioritise better, should never of been allowed on the first place.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Is there a game to be discussed? Seems to be a seperate topic regarding pitches.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

Tigerbeat wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:36 pm Is there a game to be discussed? Seems to be a seperate topic regarding pitches.
Nope.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Probably because said game is on a plastic pitch?!
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

JP14 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:48 am I just realised that Hamilton is in Scotland’s 29 match squad so could be involved in the Calcutta Cup, therefore it looks as though Williams will be starting again
Hamilton is not in the Scotland 23 team but it does not say he will be retained as cover.
Let us hope he is released back to Tigers.
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

ourla wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:40 pm It's the hope that kills you right. But there is some logic in being at least hopeful for this one IMO.
If last week was a reality check about reaching top six, this week is a reality check about reaching top 4.
It's still going to be a big ask, but I see green shoots all over.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Let's not forget Wasps put 44 points on Quins with 14 men at the Stoop where Quins are historically better while we were second best for 60 minutes,let's not get carried away! Although our scrum and lineout were 100% and some of our defending was very aggressive at times so baby steps and all that
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

It will be interesting to see how our pack fares this weekend, a proper test awaits them. It may be a lot to ask but hoping to see some improvements from the ne coaching set up. I don’t expect miraculous changes but just improvements....
There should be no doubt that our back line should fancy the deck at Sarries if they can get the ball, and in space
Less is more....
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Ok we have a few out but Sarries have lost Vunipola x 2, Itoje, Kruis, George, Farrell, Wrigglesworth......any others I've missed?

We have a chance if we play well and believe we can do it - need to play with much more accuracy and self assurance than last week.

Can we do it, probably not. Is there hope, yes!
Soggypitch
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Soggypitch wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:41 am Ok we have a few out but Sarries have lost Vunipola x 2, Itoje, Kruis, George, Farrell, Wrigglesworth......any others I've missed?

We have a chance if we play well and believe we can do it - need to play with much more accuracy and self assurance than last week.

Can we do it, probably not. Is there hope, yes!
Trouble is I've been hopeful a few times when we've gone down there only to have them dashed. I felt a lot of the time, especially when Cockers was in charge, that we didn't have much belief. But you are right with what Sarries have missing this is an opportunity to get ourselves out of the dog do that we are in (purely in terms of getting to the play offs - forgetting the bigger picture). Maybe this time.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Teams up:

15 Telusa Veainu
14 Adam Thompstone
13 Manu Tuilagi
12 Gareth Owen
11 Jonah Holmes
10 Matt Toomua (c)
9 Sam Harrison

1 Greg Bateman
2 Tatafu Polota-Nau
3 Logovi’i Mulipola
4 Mike Fitzgerald
5 Graham Kitchener
6 Mike Williams
7 Brendon O’Connor
8 Sione Kalamafoni

Replacements
16 Tom Youngs
17 Michele Rizzo
18 Pat Cilliers
19 Harry Wells
20 Luke Hamilton
21 Harry Simmons
22 Joe Ford
23 Mathew Tait
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Saracens: 15 Alex Goode, 14 Nathan Earle, 13 Marcelo Bosch, 12 Brad Barritt, 11 Chris Wyles, 10 Alex Lozowski, 9 Ben Spencer; 1 Richard Barrington, 2 Schalk Brits, 3 Juan Figallo, 4 Dominic Day, 5 Nick Isiekwe, 6 Calum Clark, 7 Schalk Burger, 8 Jackson Wray
Replacements: 16 Scott Spurling, 17 Hayden Thompson-Stringer, 18 Titi Lamositele, 19 Mark Flanagan, 20 Sione Vailanu, 21 Tom Whiteley, 22 Max Malins, 23 Rotimi Segun