Sarries vs Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Sarries vs Tigers

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Also on a side note forget Marcus Smith, Max Malins looks a much better prospect. Almost Veainu like feet dancing around our forwards.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Well that was a shock!
Forwards taking the ball at pace on angles & mixing the game plan up, Tait looks a natural 12 now, covers up lack of top end speed.
All worthless if we don't back up next week....speaking of Worthless....
To win is not as important as playing with style!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

tripeandonions wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:27 pm Well there you go. Three months with Cockers and Rizzo's gone crook. Going to take Boris a while longer to sort him out properly
Odd post.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Rizzo hasn’t crooked, he just needs to play more in my opinion
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

drc_007 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:47 pm Manu slowly coming back to form.
That’s fine by me. Hopefully, he’ll be firing on all (8) cylinders by the time the 6 nations is wrapped up. As mentioned on BT, this is his longest stint without injury for 5 years! Given time, and a slightly less eager mentality, he’ll remind us what he’s capable of
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

L Smith wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:20 pm
That’s fine by me. Hopefully, he’ll be firing on all (8) cylinders by the time the 6 nations is wrapped up. As mentioned on BT, this is his longest stint without injury for 5 years! Given time, and a slightly less eager mentality, he’ll remind us what he’s capable of
I agree, let him get another 5 or 6 games under his belt
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

drc_007 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:24 pm
L Smith wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:20 pm
I agree, let him get another 5 or 6 games under his belt
Yes. Before England break him... :smt022
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Reggie wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:46 pm Where did that come from? All be it against a weakened Sarries side.

And Tigers were full strength? :smt009 YBY, Genge, Ford, May, Cole...
There is no weak Sarries side!!
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Yes,bar Kruis and Williams this was the squad that won at Sale. We suffered injuries in the game too,let's not downplay this win.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Here’s my take on the game:

Veainu was getting back to his best self, elusive with ball in hand and an incredible finish for the try. Back three were great, Holmes also a massive threat ball in hand and solid under the high ball and in defence. Thompstone was also a rock with some big tackles.

Owen, awful injury once again. Seems to be a glass man sadly. Tuilagi also getting back to his best. When he gets lined up one on one is almost impossible to stop. Tait stepped in massively from the bench and put in a great shift especially in attack. I think no.12 could be his new position.

Toomua and Harrison lived off the quick ball and controlled the game really well, putting a squeeze on the Sarries team with a well orchestrated kicking game. Harrison was also a live wire around the ruck and Toomua also good in attaching the gainline.

Entire starting front row were massive. Smashing them in the scrum, massive carries and big tackles. The bedrock the victory was built on. Bateman one of the best LH in the premiership this season and Mulipola getting back to fitness. Thought he was never going to get back to his old self but made some big carries. Also thought Cilliers had a good impact off the bench.

Locks were steady but nothing special. Fitzgerald was effective but Kitchener not as good as he was last week.

Williams had his best game for a while. Getting over the gainline ball in hand and smashing the Sarries ball in hand. Put two massive hits on Burger. Hamilton who replaces him just as good, much better on the deck than Williams and made some big turnovers. Hope he stays.

Kalamafoni was solid, was better against Quins but did nothing wrong. O’Connor was man of the match, made loads of turnovers, slowed down their ball and also showed great strength carrying the ball. How many times this season has he got over the gainline and been the only forward to get Tigers on the front foot. One of the best 7s in the premiership.
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

I just rewatched the highlights. That handoff that TV gave Spencer was a work of art. I am still smiling about it. The forwards were emense and the gainline breaking regularly.
Tait looks comfortable in both defence and attack. Manu was robust and aggressive.
Bateman is a legend in the making. What a try and the best thing was the smile after. No doubt that will be a halfway line try by Monday!!
Great win and now time build for Wuss. Means nothing if we don't beat them.
Bravo to the team and coaching staff...
Oh and can people keep quiet about Boc, I think he is English qualified..we don't need to be losing him to England..
There is never any points for 2nd place...
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Wiggotiger like a Cheshire cat 🙀 tonight. Saw the second half live and thought we were looking like a tigers side from 10 years ago. Committed, guile, physicality and making great offloads at the right time.
Blew sarries away in the first half. Bateman improves week on week.
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

I think Bateman is rapidly becoming an iconic figure. I can't think of anyone else who has played all three frontbrow positions, never mind playing them all well in the set piece. He has again shown how good his running lines are, taking the ball at pace, even a sidestep. Never mind the ABC club in this one man we have the BBB club.
Hinckley Bob
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Hinckley Bob »

I enjoyed that but it is all becoming a little too optimistic. Where is Roly?
Snowdrop

Post by Snowdrop »

Well well! As a Scot with a season ticket at WR, that was as close as you get to a perfect rugby weekend. Fantastic performance by Gregor's lads yesterday. Awesome rendition of Flower of Scotland before the start too.
Move forward 24 hrs and probably the least expected result of the weekend at the Allianz. Well done to the whole team. Will be at Six Ways to see the lads continue the renaissance.