Luke Hamilton

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Luke Hamilton

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Is Hamilton definitely going at the end of the season? Thought he added great impetus off the bench and sparked Tigers back into action.

Would love to keep him here. Would pick him over Williams everyday of the week!
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Luke Hamilton

Post by ABClub »

It's sounding like a done deal both with fans I know down in Leicester and up in Edinburgh where I'm living these days. Previous assumption was that he was heading to Glasgow but Cornell du Preez leaving has made a few Edinburgh fans curious to - Barclay coming to Edinburgh still makes Glasgow more likely IMO.

Agree that Hamilton was good today as he often is for Tigers. His carrying has improved so much whilst at Welford Road. In Guy Thompson I think we have an upgrage if I'm being completely honest though.

On Mike Williams, I think many would agree currently. His form has been steadily disappointing following the misfortune run of injuries. I like him as a player and hope he fulfills his talent but currently he falls into the list of locks and back rowers who I like but think we could improve the squad with the right replacement. With Haskell still looking for a club I think he could round of the back row for next season nicely - at the right price of course...

6.Thompson, Haskell
7.BOC, Evans
8.Kalamafoni, Denton, Mapapalangi
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Luke Hamilton

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

True, would be great if Haskell joined us, but can more likely see him going Bristol or Saints.

Still.... a backrow next season of Kalamafoni, O’Connor and Denton would be in my starting XV with Thompson off the bench. Kalamafoni in my mind has been one off the unsung heroes of a failing pack, huge workrate. Also put in some big hits today and forced a turnover.