Fans forum 13th Feb

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Fans forum 13th Feb

Post by Rugbyflanker »

If Genge goes that will be the last straw! When is his contract up,this season?
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Winter tiger wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:42 amI know Genge is sick of it and wants out now (and I bet he’s not alone) and I can’t blame him!
Can I clarify, are you stating unequivocally that Ellis Genge has said to you that he is sick of Leicester Tigers (this includes the 'environment' or training regime) and wants to leave?

Just to be clear.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Winter tiger

Post by Winter tiger »

If you want more detailthan I have, please ask the man himself Just to be clear
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Winter tiger wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:04 pm If you want more detailthan I have, please ask the man himself Just to be clear
Wasn't after, nor asked for, the fine grain detail....Why, Who, When etc, merely asked for clarification that 'the man himself' has said that to you, reasonable request regarding your claim of something so damning being said about our club by one of our players.

Simple question and a simple yes/no would suffice.

No worry, if you can't or won't qualify your own assertion then fair enough.......

If opportunity arises I'll more than happily ask him in person, having spoken to him previously, as much as 'just a supporter' really can for a limited time, I'm sure he'd be happy to answer.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Grimlish wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:27 pmWhitecap I take that as Winter’s way of saying ‘no’.
:smt023 I reached a similar conclusion :smt005 You are far more benevolent with your words than I Grimlish :smt002
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Winter Tiger appears to know all about the forum meeting without going to it so presumably knows what Ellis thinks without actually speaking to him. Ellis is fed up with being injured and not playing, he will be happy when he is earning a few bumps and bruises, as will Dom Barrow.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

McGuigan isn’t injured, he’s will be a part of MOC Clearout #2 to account for Kerr and Mahoney and is probably unofficially released already
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

JP14 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:28 am McGuigan isn’t injured, he’s will be a part of MOC Clearout #2 to account for Kerr and Mahoney and is probably unofficially released already
McGuigan is better than Kerr and Mahoney in my opinion.
A shame really, England Saxons in 2016.
Might similar apply to Evans, who was also involved with England in 2016, considering he very rarely gets picked and that Leicester have added Denton and Thompson to O'Connor, Mapapalangi and Ryan!
Just wondering, as you seem to know what is happening with McGuigan!
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

johnthegriff wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:19 pm Winter Tiger appears to know all about the forum meeting without going to it so presumably knows what Ellis thinks without actually speaking to him. Ellis is fed up with being injured and not playing, he will be happy when he is earning a few bumps and bruises, as will Dom Barrow.
When is Gengey likely to be back playing John? We have missed him more than any other player.
Soggypitch
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Soggypitch wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:40 pm
johnthegriff wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:19 pm Winter Tiger appears to know all about the forum meeting without going to it so presumably knows what Ellis thinks without actually speaking to him. Ellis is fed up with being injured and not playing, he will be happy when he is earning a few bumps and bruises, as will Dom Barrow.
When is Gengey likely to be back playing John? We have missed him more than any other player.
Not John but Wasps was the expected return.
tripeandonions
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by tripeandonions »

The salary cap for playing staff is frequently referred to by Cohen etal to explain recruitment and retention decision making but also to refute suggestions that "off field" developments have an impact on the playing budget. All seems perfectly straightforward and reasonable to me.
But how is the budget for coaching staff determined? What, if any, are the constraints in that area and what kind of factors could be influential? I also wonder if there are any comparative statistics available to show the annual coaching expenditure of respective individual Premiership clubs?
dunc
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by dunc »

Sorry if this has already been posted, I've not trawled the entire thread.

It would be great if the club would video these forums. I live an hour from Leicester and with 3 young kids have no time to attend them on a weeknight. It doesn't mean I don't want to attend and it would be good to be able to assess what is said first hand.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

dunc wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:55 pm Sorry if this has already been posted, I've not trawled the entire thread.

It would be great if the club would video these forums. I live an hour from Leicester and with 3 young kids have no time to attend them on a weeknight. It doesn't mean I don't want to attend and it would be good to be able to assess what is said first hand.
they couldn't even get the mics working properly let alone a web stream.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Hope we don't lose Evans! He would be a superstar already if he was at Chiefs,Sarries or possibly Bath
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:33 pm Hope we don't lose Evans! He would be a superstar already if he was at Chiefs,Sarries or possibly Bath
Doubt it.

He wouldn’t be starting for them either.