Fans forum 13th Feb

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tigerbeat

Re: Fans forum 13th Feb

Post by Tigerbeat »

Roly wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:36 am
ellis9 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:43 pm
strawclearer wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:25 pm CEO Simon Cohen is asked about the funding of playing group and how it works in funding the construction of a hotel and car-park.

"The main misconception is that we're spending money on this that could be spent on the playing side."
"The deal we have done is find a developer who will pay for the land and building of the hotel. The club will get third of the land back at no cost and the hotel, which we won't own, will help matchday and non-matchday business."
"We think we have done a pretty good deal which costs the club absolutely nothing and is better for the future club ... and we retain a right to purchase it at any time we can afford it."
"Whatever happened, we were going to lose the car parking. So we had to look at building a multi-story car park."
Sounds good to me. I wonder if those people saying the money Tigers "are spending" on this instead of players will be having an absolutely huge piece of humble pie tonight!

Then again, I guess they will still have some excuse.
I don't remember anyone suggesting that the money spent on club infrastructure was being syphoned off from the recruitment budget.

Who said it?
Roly, there have been several people who have questioned the impact of the develoment on the palying side with regards to budget. This has been made clear that there is a seperate budget and was reiterated again last night by Simon Cohen.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Tigerbeat wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:54 am
Roly wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:36 am
ellis9 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:43 pm

Sounds good to me. I wonder if those people saying the money Tigers "are spending" on this instead of players will be having an absolutely huge piece of humble pie tonight!

Then again, I guess they will still have some excuse.
I don't remember anyone suggesting that the money spent on club infrastructure was being syphoned off from the recruitment budget.

Who said it?
Roly, there have been several people who have questioned the impact of the develoment on the palying side with regards to budget. This has been made clear that there is a seperate budget and was reiterated again last night by Simon Cohen.
Fair enough, I just don't remember them saying it.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

G.K wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:32 am Did no-one ask when we are going to get some decent second rows rather than the current make weights?
Well we have already signed Spencer. Did anyone ask about Barrow?
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Fa8ns forum 13th Feb

Post by sapajo »

Yep he is still injured.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Latecomer

Post by Latecomer »

Dom Barrow has a neck injury which is causing him balance issues. He is back in training, but won't play this weekend. Think they said they were targeting the Wasps game for him.
TheproudTiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by TheproudTiger »

Firstly thanks to everyone for all the Q & A 's from the night but did any of you notice MOC and his body language and dozy bored expression :smt017 ? - To me it looked as if he fell asleep 3 times then he yawned twice :smt015 then he coughed and screwed his face up in pain - we noticed he kept looking at his watch and said "Environment " at least 15 times.
How on earth he motivates any players is beyond me ??????
He clearly did not want to be part of the night IMO.
Well done for the club to put this on - at least they gave people the chance to ask some tricky questions ( bit of a strange atmosphere though) ...... But the continuing poor bar service was not mentioned as I think fans now know the board don't really care - anyway people did ask a few searching questions - it would be good to have another forum night in a month or 2 just to see how well the new changes are going.
Somebody (Ged) I think said the squad will be smaller next season so with the new Signings coming in I wonder who is for the chop ?
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

TheproudTiger wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:10 am
Somebody (Ged) I think said the squad will be smaller next season so with the new Signings coming in I wonder who is for the chop ?
Losing Manu is a no-brainer. Knowing Tigers, he's probably on a lifetime contract.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

TheproudTiger wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:10 am Firstly thanks to everyone for all the Q & A 's from the night but did any of you notice MOC and his body language and dozy bored expression :smt017 ? - To me it looked as if he fell asleep 3 times then he yawned twice :smt015 then he coughed and screwed his face up in pain - we noticed he kept looking at his watch and said "Environment " at least 15 times.
Well done for the club to put this on - at least they gave people the chance to ask some tricky questions ( bit of a strange atmosphere though) ...... But the continuing poor bar service was not mentioned as I think fans now know the board don't really care - anyway people did ask a few searching questions - it would be good to have another forum night in a month or 2 just to see how well the new changes are going.
I think you hit the nail on the head with your observation, the results are a good indication of his motivational ability
I'm not cynical just experienced
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

TheproudTiger wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:10 am Firstly thanks to everyone for all the Q & A 's from the night but did any of you notice MOC and his body language and dozy bored expression :smt017 ? - To me it looked as if he fell asleep 3 times then he yawned twice :smt015 then he coughed and screwed his face up in pain - we noticed he kept looking at his watch and said "Environment " at least 15 times.
Hopefully a good sign that they will use the development squad more.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

chewbacca wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:26 am
I think you hit the nail on the head with your observation, the results are a good indication of his motivational ability
I've never met him, but from what I've seen of him, he always looks indifferent or even apathetic to the situation he's in. I understand that he might not be the most dynamic bloke, but he just doesn't seem to engage with anyone.
albany
Tiger Cub

Post by albany »

The comment about returning for the Wasps game was in relation to Ellis Genge, Barrow's return seemed to be about seeing how he was on a weekly basis but he won't be available agianst Quins.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

The proud tiger had obviously made up his mind prior to the forum meetng, I sat on the front row and did not see Matt O'C yawning or looking at his watch of course I was listening to what other people said and looking at them so I might have missed it. The message from the forum was that the board had recognised a few years ago (after Matt O'C left) that things were not right
the recruitment of Mauger was expected to correct that, unfortunately the chemistry between him and Cocker meant that did not work, subsequent actions are designed to get the team back where we and the board want it to be but it takes time. Balancing the salary cap means that players will have to go to enable recruitment to improve the squad but waiting for contracts to expire means that it cannot be done overnight. The changes to the coaching team and the announces additions to the pack so far we have a prop, a hooker, a lock, and two back row men, five players two of whom are experienced internationals are an indication of the fact that the managers have identified the same weaknesses that many on this message board have highlighted.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

I thought he had a bit of cold TBH.

I went sceptical but left feeling a bit more optimistic.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

This season is all about qualifying for Europe and then have the new forwards coach and recruits work their magic for next season.

I have hopes for the youth but the club is experiencing some serious "bumps in the road".
Winter tiger

Post by Winter tiger »

I wasn’t at the forum last night but nothing I have heard from it gives me any hope for the future of our once great team! Obviously a display of platitudes and so called solidarity orchestrated by the grand master Cohen. Why can’t people see this and if they can’t, why can’t they see the disillusionment in the players faces on match days??

The dressing room is well and truly lost and quality signings will not want to come to Tigers with a CEO of such infamous reputation. I know Genge is sick of it and wants out now (and I bet he’s not alone) and I can’t blame him! Until the systemic grasp of Cohen is removed we are finished as a club, forget your staged fans forums/talking shops and get it done because the current lack of tangible positive action is frankly embarrassing our once great club