Why oh why did we get rid of him???
Valhalla I am coming!
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Re: Freddie Burns strikes back at troll

Post by TigerCam »

+1 :smt023 Well done Freddie.

I would have liked him to stay at WR too but IMO the 'dark side' discussions of the the rugby hierarchy lead to George Ford being set up with Ben Youngs for the sake of St George? Taking nothing away from Freddie, IMO George is an excellent swap and once the Tigers coaching staff workout how to play of the front foot then the 'WR Hollywood' backline should be one of the best in the Prem?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

I would also like to kept him and let him share with GF. I hope he reads this forum at times and realises the high regard he is held in by most of the Tigers community.

GOOD JOB FREDDIE TO EXPOSE IDIOTS WHO TROLL
Hehehehehehehehe
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

fleabane wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:21 am https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/bath ... 67f55ace74

Good for Freddie!

He didn't want to be understudy to England's best fly half.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Freddie not as fragile under pressure as Ford, and I wouldn’t have done the swap. He would also be with us during the internationals. It was not a good deal.

I think you can gather a lot about his personality and who he really is from the trolling story - a real Leicester Tiger.
Valhalla I am coming!
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

ellis9 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:54 pm
fleabane wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:21 am https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/bath ... 67f55ace74

Good for Freddie!

You know he was given the option then?
I'm not cynical just experienced
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

chewbacca wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:38 pm

Good for Freddie!

"I would be lying if I said I was happy with how it came about," Burns told BBC Radio Leicester, "I had a year on my contract. I'm a man of integrity and wanted to see it out." Look around, there's more.

Losing Burns and Williams had been a major contribution to the current malaise. I don't mind having a ten who can't kick simple match winners but only if we then have somebody else on the pitch as a competent place kicker.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Oh dear God, it's the Burns/Ford debate again. Hasn't this been done to death?! Player leaves, some fans are happy, some aren't. Move on.

Well done to him for standing up for himself.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

h's dad wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:47 pm

"I would be lying if I said I was happy with how it came about," Burns told BBC Radio Leicester, "I had a year on my contract. I'm a man of integrity and wanted to see it out." Look around, there's more.

Losing Burns and Williams had been a major contribution to the current malaise. I don't mind having a ten who can't kick simple match winners but only if we then have somebody else on the pitch as a competent place kicker.
Wanting to see his contract out is one thing but that doesn't mean he didn't choose to leave. I want to be a millionaire but it doesn't mean I will be.

He could have said, I wanted to see out the rest of my contract but when I heard Ford was coming to the club, I chose to leave as I didn't want to be second choice but he stopped it short at "I wanted to see out the rest of my contract".
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

ellis9 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:57 am

Wanting to see his contract out is one thing but that doesn't mean he didn't choose to leave. I want to be a millionaire but it doesn't mean I will be.

He could have said, I wanted to see out the rest of my contract but when I heard Ford was coming to the club, I chose to leave as I didn't want to be second choice but he stopped it short at "I wanted to see out the rest of my contract".
Ellis, if you're going to make up a hypothetical scenario at least make it believable. FB had been competing for his place with OW with both being pushed out of position. If you want the name of a ten who isn't prepared to stop at a club if he has to fight for his position, well we can all think of one.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

George is the better all round fly half BUT losing Owen and Freddy for George and Joe was a bad deal.
Soggypitch
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

h's dad wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:47 pm

Ellis, if you're going to make up a hypothetical scenario at least make it believable. FB had been competing for his place with OW with both being pushed out of position. If you want the name of a ten who isn't prepared to stop at a club if he has to fight for his position, well we can all think of one.
Yes, George Ford. He publicly said he was leaving as he wanted to be first choice.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

h's dad wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:47 pm

He said on the rugby Pod he wanted to be first choice and had the option to stay at Tigers but felt that he wouldn’t have a fair chance what with Ford being England’s 10.

And what simple match winners has George missed? Interesting that George Ford that Ford has a better kicking percentage in the prem than Owen Williams and Freddie burns this season.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

RagingBull wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:54 pm He said on the rugby Pod he wanted to be first choice and had the option to stay at Tigers but felt that he wouldn’t have a fair chance what with Ford being England’s 10.
Fair enough there may be some contradictions but I would give more weight to comments that I feel are less scripted.
RagingBull wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:54 pm And what simple match winners has George missed? Interesting that George Ford that Ford has a better kicking percentage in the prem than Owen Williams and Freddie burns this season.
RB you know very well that where a kick is attempted from is as much or more an indication of capability. First game of the season he missed two very simple conversions (makes you think that the one he got that looked great and is probably on his show pony reel was a bit of a fluke), He was also declining three pointers that (virtually) nobody else could understand which any other premiership 10 would have gone for and probably got. This is still the case. Confidence, competence, capability? I don't know. I don't expect perfection as anybody can have an off day (Farrell in the draw against us at Wembley was dreadful) but match after match he won't go for 3-pointers that a premiership kicker should be taking. I find it very frustrating (as you can tell) even if others don't.