Joe Ford

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Re: Joe Ford

Post by Tiglon »

BFG wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:34 am Someone please correct me if otherwise but I do believe that Leicester have also lost plenty of matches with George playing, and Ben, who both look different players with front foot ball playing with England!
The Joe Ford bashing is completely missing the bigger issue in my opinion!
Quite right. If we don't make top 6, it certainly won't be down to Joe Ford.

I might be tempted to go with Toomua/Owen/Tuilagi during the 6N, but that's more due to how lively Owen has looked when he's been available and trying to find a place for him in the team.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Tiglon,snap! Posted the same yesterday in response to a Gloc fan on DTRR. Its staring MOC in the face! MOC does know that the Brumbies won SR with Toomua at FH doesn't he?!
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Tiglon wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:05 am
BFG wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:34 am Someone please correct me if otherwise but I do believe that Leicester have also lost plenty of matches with George playing, and Ben, who both look different players with front foot ball playing with England!

I might be tempted to go with Toomua/Owen/Tuilagi during the 6N, but that's more due to how lively Owen has looked when he's been available and trying to find a place for him in the team.
If they had prepared properly with Toomua at 10 then he'd be fine, however given that he has not had any recent game time at 10 and not even that much game time in his usual position of 12 due to injury then I think it could be a very big gamble just to throw him in at 10 against Gloucester!
I would've thought Toomua might get some minutes in the AWC at 10 if they were seriously considering it, I just can't see it getting a result with no proper preparation!
Likewise Tuilagi has hardly played, I thought he also might get some minutes in the AWC.
All things considered I'd be sticking with Joe Ford at 10 for now.
On form though I would've possibly prepared for a 10/12/13 combo of Toomua/Tait/Owen, three players who have pace and will try something different who I'd fancy against Billy Burns/12T/Trinder, but that opportunity has possibly gone now!
ghdav27

Post by ghdav27 »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:27 am Tiglon,snap! Posted the same yesterday in response to a Gloc fan on DTRR. Its staring MOC in the face! MOC does know that the Brumbies won SR with Toomua at FH doesn't he?!
I'm beginning to think it takes MOC months to think of things other people work out in seconds
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

I'm also wondering where all those posters are who rushed to condemn a thread that they (wrongly) thought was singling out Matt Smith...
philw
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by philw »

BFG wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:48 am

If they had prepared properly with Toomua at 10 then he'd be fine, however given that he has not had any recent game time at 10 and not even that much game time in his usual position of 12 due to injury then I think it could be a very big gamble just to throw him in at 10 against Gloucester!
I would've thought Toomua might get some minutes in the AWC at 10 if they were seriously considering it, I just can't see it getting a result with no proper preparation!
Likewise Tuilagi has hardly played, I thought he also might get some minutes in the AWC.
On form though I would've possibly prepared for a 10/12/13 combo of Toomua/Tait/Owen, three players who have pace and will try something different who I'd fancy against Billy Burns/12T/Trinder, but that opportunity has possibly gone now!
Is Tuilagi fit? He pulled out injured before the Racing game so wasn't sure if he had recovered.
Listening to the pouring rain
Waiting for the world to change
Beginning to wonder if we'll wait in vain
For one fine day
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

philw wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:14 pm

Is Tuilagi fit? He pulled out injured before the Racing game so wasn't sure if he had recovered.
I assume that he is because it hasn't been disclosed otherwise, but who knows!
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

BFG wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:27 pm

It was a 'tight' calf muscle I understand? I would go with Tooma at 10 , and use Owen and Tuilagi as inside/outside centres?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

TigerCam wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:24 pm
BFG wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:27 pm

It was a 'tight' calf muscle I understand? I would go with Tooma at 10 , and use Owen and Tuilagi as inside/outside centres?
I wasn't sure about Toomua at 10 for this game for four reasons really, firstly he hasn't played much at all recently, secondly he hasn't played at 10 for longer, third Gloucester have Trinder who could pounce to intercept a rusty 10 and last but not least Leicester's defence has been rubbish and so could do with Toomua at 12!
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Matt Smith at 12 then,just anyone but Joe at 10,he's not even AWC level! Harsh but completely true! To go into our season defining game without even blooding Toomua at 10 is shocking but just confirms what I've always been saying and that is MOC is just a poor coach.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Wouldn’t mind giving Ford one more chance with a Toomua outside him, they didn’t work very well in preseason even if it was against weak opposition.

Smith was shocking v Wasps so not even confident with him involved.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

The whole team was shocking v Wasps bar a few good individual pieces,botched attacking lineouts poor defensive alignment, poor in the red zone,sound familiar? Its endemic from top to bottom!