So .... rest of the season

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Mark62
Super User
Super User

Re: So .... rest of the season

Post by Mark62 »

Sale will do well to get anything at either Falcons or Exeter so could be out of it by the time we visit them.

Falcons have a European semi less than a week before we play them on the Friday night so may have their eyes on another prize, slight warning on that is that neither Goneva or Sinotti are registered for Europe.

Wasps will surely get 2 five pointers in their next 2 home games, so we should aim for the same so 3/4 place still in reach last game of the season. :smt027
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Unless there is a crazy result at SP today,9 points should get us 4th. Let's get 5 out the way against Stains!
rdracup
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rdracup »

One game at a time. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves etc etc etc ... but do we want away to Sarries (3rd) or away to Exeter (4th). Both tough trips so probably not a lot in it but better to avoid the plastic pitch I think (despite the result a few weeks back). If we make top 4 with a game to spare I feel we should rest a few for Sale and be happy with 4th. A game to spare is quite realistic with 2 home games to come, and Newcastle playing Sale next up. If Sale win they have to get a result at Exeter to be in contention in R22. If Newcastle win they have to beat us to be in contention. For me best is Newcastle win and we are then in more control of our own destiny.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Too much negative thought on here at the moment! 1st place is still mathematically possible if we get 13 or 14 points from our last 3 games and Exeter lose all of theirs, Sarries lose 2 games and Wasps 1. Simples. :smt003

KEEP THE FAITH :smt038 :smt038 :smt038
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Tomvarndell
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Tomvarndell »

Just keep winning would be my mentality now. Sarries away will do me just fine. We'd be on a run of 8 consecutive wins if we were to remain unbeaten. My main concern now is luck with injuries. I'd love to go to Sarries with virtually a full squad available. Nobody would fancy us in the spring weather in such form and with a first choice side turning up.

Our squad is also fresher than most with key players like Ellis, Toomua, Ben Youngs if back, BOC, Telusa and Manu if back all having had enforced rests and a poor early exit from Europe. Those injuries some of those players had may actually work in our favour for once.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Tomvarndell wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:54 pm Just keep winning would be my mentality now. Sarries away will do me just fine. We'd be on a run of 8 consecutive wins if we were to remain unbeaten. My main concern now is luck with injuries. I'd love to go to Sarries with virtually a full squad available. Nobody would fancy us in the spring weather in such form and with a first choice side turning up.

Our squad is also fresher than most with key players like Ellis, Toomua, Ben Youngs if back, BOC, Telusa and Manu if back all having had enforced rests and a poor early exit from Europe. Those injuries some of those players had may actually work in our favour for once.
Good points.Tv. Going to Sarries would be most winnable having got a win with a bp down there not so long ago. Exeter, however, should be saved for the final at HQ.
Semper in excretia
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Personally I would rather play away at Exeter than Sarries.
Having said that any play off game will be a bonus this season!!
Soggypitch
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

The Cornish Pasties are better at Exeter than at Allianz Park but I hope for a home semi its less trouble.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

I'm genuinely not even thinking about it. One game at a time, dear Tigers, one game at a time.......(channels Barry Manilow). :smt005
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Newcastle v Sale on the Friday night becomes a massive game for those two teams. Sale have stayed in the hunt on account of their BP's. Alas for them even if they get past Falcons, which I wouldn't be betting on, they then have to face Exeter away. With no Denny I would still see it as a minor miracle for them to make the play offs. But the Champions Cup would be massive for them.

Falcons are the key to a lot of plots because they play us after and then are at home to Wasps on the last day of the season. Losing at Worcester was not a disgrace given how the Warriors have performed of late and the squad they have. I can see them beating Sale and losing to us, leaving them with a big "cup final" against Wasps. BP's would help them in any case.

Talking of Wasps. Worcester next up is a fascinating fixture. On first half of the season form this would be a home banker. But things look a lot closer now and it's starting to become squeaky bum time for the pests faithful. At least they have Saints at home later in the month - who appear to have all but raised the white flag now.

Gloucester still have a squeak given their opposition in the next two rounds but they may still have to beat Saracens at the Allianz on the final day to make the play offs and that looks to be beyond them. Again getting into the Champions Cup would be massive.

Sarries and Chiefs are nailed on for 2nd and 1st respectively.
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

I'll settle for 5 more wins to round off the season :smt001
I'm not cynical just experienced
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

chewbacca wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:55 pm I'll settle for 5 more wins to round off the season :smt001
....So would I, and while I'm thinking about it, I'll buy a Lottery ticket. You never know :smt034
Semper in excretia
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

Talking of gambling... just checked the odds .. We're at 14s ... Might be worth a couple of quid for a laugh.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Reading this we have to fancy our chances against Falcons.

If they were knackered and injury ravaged on Saturday imagine what they will be like after Sale this Friday and Gloucester the Friday after.

Oh no, I'm getting complacent!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

ourla wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:47 pm Reading this we have to fancy our chances against Falcons.

If they were knackered and injury ravaged on Saturday imagine what they will be like after Sale this Friday and Gloucester the Friday after.

Oh no, I'm getting complacent!
Are we the only club with an official online forum in the Premiership?
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni