Haskell leaving Wasps

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Re: Haskell leaving Wasps

Post by Tiglon »

DCATsOLDMAN wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:06 am I was never a fan of Lol, because he got under everybody's skin on the pitch, and Haskell learned that from him. We have been missing someone like that for years, so, if we could get him for the right price, I would welcome Haskell both as a leader, and someone who will get under the skin of the opposition.

We need a Mr Nasty, Like Johnno was to the opposition.
Exactly! Farrell, Dallaglio, Haskell, Brown, Back - they're all players you hate if they're on the opposition team, but love if they play for you.
MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MikeR »

Its not as if the team was stacked full of leaders is it ? . he would do wonders for us .
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Tiglon wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:39 am
BFG wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:49 am
Tiglon wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:11 am

I'm curious, why would Haskell (a hugely experienced England international flanker) not be a good signing for a team with one of the worst back rows in the Premiership?
I didn't say that he wouldn't be a good signing!
What I do find sad about it is that a player that Wasps no longer want might be considered better than what Leicester have already got!
I kind of agree on that, but even notwithstanding our decline, it is a reality of a league with a salary cap. I also suspect that, like some of the Tigers who have left in recent years, it's not because his club doesn't want him, but that they have other priorities for salary cap spend.
Don't get me wrong, I can see the possible benefits of Haskell, but only if all were professionally mature enough about it!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

In the Telegraph, Haskell says he will announce his future in about 2 weeks times as to where abouts he is gonna go but there was no hints in the article
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Possibly for Haskell, a short term contract would be desirable. Egos aside, he would push for places and bring some leadership.
Could he be a good fit for Tigers? May be , but if we are building for the future then maybe his boat has sailed......
I think in reality he will be snapped up by BT or Sky for punditry at a salary he would find hard to turn down.
Then Dayglo will be pushed for his place...... :smt026 :smt006
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Surely he is just the player we need. He will show the other forwards how to play with passion. He wants to go to the World Cup so will perform; he keeps himself fit, a dedicated pro and would make a great pack leader. Knowing Tigers we won’t bother- fit and passionate about his rugby! I would welcome him as a sign we have some idea of what we are doing!
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

if he wants to stay in England for the next World Cup he might come slightly cheaper, he would be the best 6 here by some distance the moment he put pen to paper
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Seems he is not going to Bristol according to the Bristol Post : https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/rug ... ed-1173093.

Would love him to join us,
Hehehehehehehehe
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

They said that:
Well placed sources suggest Haskell is more likely to move to a midlands club, with Northampton Saints, near his current home of Daventry a leading contender along with Worcester Warriors.

So we are in contention
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

JP14 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:31 pm They said that:
Well placed sources suggest Haskell is more likely to move to a midlands club, with Northampton Saints, near his current home of Daventry a leading contender along with Worcester Warriors.

So we are in contention
Just like we were with Cordero.......
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

jgriffin wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:41 pm
JP14 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:31 pm They said that:

So we are in contention
Just like we were with Cordero.......
Yes ......