Haskell leaving Wasps

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Latecomer
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 205
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:38 pm

Haskell leaving Wasps

Post by Latecomer » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:53 am

Now I'd really like to see him in our back row even if only for a couple of seasons, but can't imagine he comes cheap.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/42886303

Chobbsy
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2658
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:51 am
Location: Milton Keynes

Re: Haskell leaving Wasps

Post by Chobbsy » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:01 am

Latecomer wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:53 am
Now I'd really like to see him in our back row even if only for a couple of seasons, but can't imagine he comes cheap.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/42886303
He is a wanderer, maybe head back to France, but is he still good enough for France?

Maybe Japan again
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

RagingBull
Super User
Super User
Posts: 8532
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:54 pm

Re: Haskell leaving Wasps

Post by RagingBull » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:03 am

in the times, he is saying he will come to a club relatively cheap as is desperate to stay in England because he wants to play in the RWC and hasn't had any offers yet.

Chobbsy
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2658
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:51 am
Location: Milton Keynes

Re: Haskell leaving Wasps

Post by Chobbsy » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:05 am

RagingBull wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:03 am
in the times, he is saying he will come to a club relatively cheap as is desperate to stay in England because he wants to play in the RWC and hasn't had any offers yet.
he would strengthen our defence for sure, but would his personality fit at the club?
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Tiger93
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 209
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:36 pm

Re: Haskell leaving Wasps

Post by Tiger93 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:20 am

He would get battered by the likes of Barrow, Youngs and Williams in training. Think he'd do more harm than good.

Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 574
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:59 pm
Location: Coalville

Re: Haskell leaving Wasps

Post by Coops » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:32 am

He is well settled in the Midlands - living in the Daventry area so realistically could go to a number of clubs - probably only Exeter, Newcastle, and Sale not worth considering. All the others are easily commutable for him I'd guess.

Immediately on the doorstep - us and Saints. Saints having lost Picamoles last season and not really replaced.

Chobbsy
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2658
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:51 am
Location: Milton Keynes

Re: Haskell leaving Wasps

Post by Chobbsy » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:24 am

Tiger93 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:20 am
He would get battered by the likes of Barrow, Youngs and Williams in training. Think he'd do more harm than good.
I doubt if they would batter him, love him, hate him, he is a big strong boy, I have no doubt he would get into the team and do a good job, it is his personality I fear for.
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

trendylfj
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1812
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:16 am
Location: MARKET HARBOROUGH

Re: Haskell leaving Wasps

Post by trendylfj » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:30 am

if he comes cheap, I would have him like a shot. Yes he is abrasive, yes he has a flash point but he would certainly add go forward to our back row options.
Hehehehehehehehe

Soggypitch
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2000
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:18 pm
Location: Market Harborough

Re: Haskell leaving Wasps

Post by Soggypitch » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:35 pm

Providing not silly wages it's a no brainer!

He wants to stay in England because he wants to play in the 2019 WC.

He is big, aggressive and his personality will be a bonus not a hindrance. If you've read Matt Hampson's book you will know he's one of the good guys.

Yes he's a bit loud at times (so what), but he's utterly professional and would be an asset in our weak back row.
Soggypitch

PAW
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:28 pm
Location: Stoney Stanton

Re: Haskell leaving Wasps

Post by PAW » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:38 pm

Yes please

Personality? Farmer White, Castro, Genge, Lote,. We know how to handle the lively ones

Tiglon
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2260
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:54 pm

Re: Haskell leaving Wasps

Post by Tiglon » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:34 pm

Tiger93 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:20 am
He would get battered by the likes of Barrow, Youngs and Williams in training. Think he'd do more harm than good.
:smt043 funniest thing I've read this week - you are joking, right? Considering our pack regularly shows itself to be amongst the weakest and least capable of handing out a battering in the Premiership, and Haskell has been one of the best in the Premiership for a few years now, it's far more likely to be the other way around.

You've clearly bought into the lazy, cliched image of Tigers that pundits who live in the past like to trot out on a regular basis. It's a professional sports club now, not amateur fight club with a rugby ball occasionally being chucked around in between pints of John Smiths. Although that would explain our recent performances...

Haskell is exactly what we need.

LE18
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2818
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:13 am
Location: Great Glen

Re: Haskell leaving Wasps

Post by LE18 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:45 pm

Tiglon wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:34 pm
Tiger93 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:20 am
He would get battered by the likes of Barrow, Youngs and Williams in training. Think he'd do more harm than good.
:smt043 funniest thing I've read this week - you are joking, right? Considering our pack regularly shows itself to be amongst the weakest and least capable of handing out a battering in the Premiership, and Haskell has been one of the best in the Premiership for a few years now, it's far more likely to be the other way around.

You've clearly bought into the lazy, cliched image of Tigers that pundits who live in the past like to trot out on a regular basis. It's a professional sports club now, not amateur fight club with a rugby ball occasionally being chucked around in between pints of John Smiths. Although that would explain our recent performances...

Haskell is exactly what we need.
+1 :smt023 :hammer:

Tiger93
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 209
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:36 pm

Re: Haskell leaving Wasps

Post by Tiger93 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:47 pm

'Haskell is exactly what we need'

That beats anything said by any Tigers fan, ever.

For me, we have several hard tacklers in the squad already. We also already have several who are brilliant at taking the ball into contact and dropping it and aren't particularly brilliant at passing.

I was merely jesting about the battered in training thing after what's come out in recent times so step down from that Horse! :smt018

Duncan B
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1505
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2005 6:42 pm
Location: Oxford

Re: Haskell leaving Wasps

Post by Duncan B » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:01 pm

I think he'd be a very good short term signing. Our back row needs a real overhaul in my opinion.

Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 965
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:12 pm

Re: Haskell leaving Wasps

Post by Spicer » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:23 pm

He'd be a good signing for the next season or two. Add much needed skill, bulk and aggression. However for some reason I can see Bristol breaking the bank to get him.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests