The Six Nations Thread

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

BFG
Super User
Super User

Re: The Six Nations Thread

Post by BFG »

Soggypitch wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:22 pm As I said on the Haskell thread, he would be a brilliant addition to the Tigers squad/team.

Yes he has an ebullient personality, but so what? Rugby clubs have traditionally dealt very well with players from all walks of life, with all manner of personalities. Never an issue, providing you are a team man when it matters.

Also those of you that have read Matt Hampson's book (if not you should do), will realise that JH is one of the good guys at heart, he can just be a bit loud, but no harm in that!
Agree, but I have serious doubts that sort of personality is wanted in the bubble!
Haskell types could well be the solution!
I'd also be contacting Cipriani, you can't put a price on their value to a club lacking in what they have!
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

BFG wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:01 pm
Soggypitch wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:22 pm As I said on the Haskell thread, he would be a brilliant addition to the Tigers squad/team.

Yes he has an ebullient personality, but so what? Rugby clubs have traditionally dealt very well with players from all walks of life, with all manner of personalities. Never an issue, providing you are a team man when it matters.

Also those of you that have read Matt Hampson's book (if not you should do), will realise that JH is one of the good guys at heart, he can just be a bit loud, but no harm in that!
Agree, but I have serious doubts that sort of personality is wanted in the bubble!
Haskell types could well be the solution!
I'd also be contacting Cipriani, you can't put a price on their value to a club lacking in what they have!
I can't corroborate it, but I do seem to remember that Cips was another player that the CA declared should not be anywhere near Tigers or England. Mainly because of the high profile media coverage he attracted. Of course, it was alright for M Tuilagi to belt a female police officer, because he's the Messiah.

As it is, there's no real quality backup for G Ford and Cips is likely off to France.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

I doubt we could compete for Cipriani. He's surely accepted his international career is over, and therefore has no reason to turn down the inevitable megabucks offer from France.

He'd also want to be guaranteed 1st choice 10, which is never going to happen with George Ford around.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Haskell off to Saints apparently
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

England seem to be victims of playing 3 locks in the pack. Not balanced and seem to lack pace at the breakdown. No dynamism either, should have played Haskell and Underhill on the bench
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Scotland showing the benefit of playing a genuine 7 & in Barclay a genuine class back row in all 3 positions.
MOC take note.....BOC & Evans need to be tried together!!
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

Looking like eddies got the tactics wrong today and been caught out for not trying to blood rather than shoehorning in players, needed another backrow option rather than second row on the bench, and another 9 who can create something not just kick for territory. Screaming out for armond and robson. Although to be fair i dont think that would have made any difference today With how we've played.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

I’m sorry I know some of the tactics were wrong. However, sore loser maybe but Nigel Owens has been a disgrace. Scotland allowed to infringe at will, but England picked up on anything little.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

So - what have we learned?

1 Lawes is not a 6
2 Care is not a starting 9
3 Nigel Owens is the 24th Welshman to let England down today
4 I married the wrong woman - "It's only a silly game!"
5 Jones is not the Messiah
6 The breakdown really matters.

I'm a pacifist. In my school report (1965) our vicar said I was "blessed with a peaceful temperament."
I hope Martin Johnson is down in the England changing room right now, randomly punching anyone in a white shirt.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

strawclearer wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:48 pm So - what have we learned?

1 Lawes is not a 6
2 Care is not a starting 9
3 Nigel Owens is the 24th Welshman to let England down today
4 I married the wrong woman - "It's only a silly game!"
5 Jones is not the Messiah
6 The breakdown really matters.

I'm a pacifist. In my school report (1965) our vicar said I was "blessed with a peaceful temperament."
I hope Martin Johnson is down in the England changing room right now, randomly punching anyone in a white shirt.
This :smt023
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Really disheartened by England’s performance, but felt goosebumps by Murrayfield’s atmosphere and that fact that I had predicted TWICE that England would get beaten up in the breakdown on my England Preview on the Rugby Blog. :smt024
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:37 pm I’m sorry I know some of the tactics were wrong. However, sore loser maybe but Nigel Owens has been a disgrace. Scotland allowed to infringe at will, but England picked up on anything little.
Against wales when the ref found on out favour it was put down as some go for you some against. The end of the day was that we werent good enough, players didn't show, some players showed thst they aren't good enough in the position theyre being played. Thats doesnt happen with new zealand when they play bad they still win. I suppose eddie will say all that matters is the world cup, and this just shows whats got yo be worked on and who needs to be bought in and who needs to be dropped, we have pretty much lost the 6 nations now lets give some playrrs a chance.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Dan Robson absolutely MUST start the next game for England
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

This is a good time to mention that my adoptive mother's brother's first wife's father played 10 for Tigers and Scotland!

"It’s gaein be awricht ance the pain has gane awa." as Harry Greenlees used to say!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:37 pm I’m sorry I know some of the tactics were wrong. However, sore loser maybe but Nigel Owens has been a disgrace. Scotland allowed to infringe at will, but England picked up on anything little.
Steady now LTT, Roly will be looking for another libel, slander or whatever action?? The bottom line is whatever Nigel did or did not, a "slow, sluggish, cockey" england got stuffed by a good Scots side. Actually just what England needed IMO?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat