Wasps vs Tigers - AWC Cup

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Wasps vs Tigers - AWC Cup

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Can anyone help me? I was offline for most of January,what happened at the open forum night? Any awkward questions asked?
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

didn't Genge recently sign a new contract
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:24 pm Can anyone help me? I was offline for most of January,what happened at the open forum night? Any awkward questions asked?

It’s on 15th Feb.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

wormus wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:12 pm Listening to the match unfold on Radio Leicester today the commentator - Steve I think said that there is doubt about Ellis Genge being here next season - any news RB?
and that Thomas the Tank Waldron is returning with his family to New Zealand at the end of the season.
Wonder if Haskell is heading to Exeter? as Salvi is suffering injuries this season too.
Steve Johnson is the worlds biggest pessimist, he also may have misheard Blodwin's pronunciation, he always muddles up players.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

wormus wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:12 pm Listening to the match unfold on Radio Leicester today the commentator - Steve I think said that there is doubt about Ellis Genge being here next season - any news RB?
and that Thomas the Tank Waldron is returning with his family to New Zealand at the end of the season.
Wonder if Haskell is heading to Exeter? as Salvi is suffering injuries this season too.
Genge signed a contract in April would be amazed if Tigers where stupid enough to only sign a one year contract most likely it’s a 2/3 year deal. Steve might be talking hypothetically like “you have to wonder if a player like Genge would want to Ben here if we carry on like that for next season” or something.

That being said who knows with tigers currently.

Tank was rumoured off to NZ a bit ago no surprise really.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

If the club don’t build the pack around Genge then the future is bleak indeed. Usually I go to away games, even in The Anglo Welsh Cup; luckily I couldn’t get today. I just want to see more enthusiasm from the players. The two scrum halves apart, no one else stood out . The defence was woeful and compared to other teams we don’t seem to have any patterns of play or forwards and backs who can run onto the ball. As for Gloucester away- we need a miracle. In all the 50 years of following Tigers I have never seen such woeful tactics and spirit.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:29 pm
Rugbyflanker wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:24 pm Can anyone help me? I was offline for most of January,what happened at the open forum night? Any awkward questions asked?

It’s on 15th Feb.
I have it in my diary for Tuesday 13th February.....registrations close on 05th February to attend.

Join us for the half season review at our Open Supporters Forum in February. During the evening, supporters will have the chance to hear from Tigers Head Coach Matt O’Connor and Head of Rugby Operations Ged Glynn, as well as Assistant Coach Geordan Murphy, Scrum Coach Boris Stankovich and Senior Development Coach Brett Deacon. In addition, there will be an opportunity to ask the panel of coaches questions related to the season-to-date and the team.

Details of the event:

Date: Tuesday, February 13, 2018
Time: 6:30pm – 9:30pm
This event is FREE to attend, please register your information below along with the number of guests attending in your party. Registration for the event will be available until Monday, February 5 or when the event has reached capacity, which ever of the two occurs first. You will receive a confirmation email on Tuesday, February 6 which will include all details of the evening..

https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/su ... 13-02-2018
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Thanks! No good for me because of shift work but I really hope the fans going don't bottle it,difficult questions need to be asked! Anyone on here going?
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

JP14 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:41 pm Tuilagi played alright just needs a haircut and needs to go into contact at optimum speed and at a lower height, the people on the forum here are overreacting (again), it was a dead rubber with some players. We don't want to be like Northampton and Harlequins who are so desperate for success they put 1st teamers out in a plea to win some type of silverware, it's good that we are staying to the point of the competition as a developmental one, and to play bad whilst scoring 4 points is a good thing too
I believe both those team put out their teams hoping to go forward into the premiership northampton where pretty much through already, and id say northampton definitely put in the performance, so next week will be the test to see which coaching staff made the right choice.
newport tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by newport tiger »

"We don't want to be like Northampton and Harlequins who are so desperate for success they put 1st teamers out in a plea to win some type of silverware" May i remind you of our line-up for the 2017 final:

15 George Worth
14 Peter Betham
13 Mathew Tait (c)
12 Jack Roberts
11 Tom Brady
10 Freddie Burns
9 Jono Kitto
1 Ellis Genge
2 George McGuigan
3 Fraser Balmain
4 Harry Wells
5 Graham Kitchener
6 Mike Williams
7 Harry Thacker
8 Lachlan McCaffrey

Replacements
16 Tom Youngs
17 Michele Rizzo
18 Greg Bateman
19 Dom Barrow
20 Luke Hamilton
21 Ben White
22 Owen Williams
23 Matt Smith
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

newport tiger wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:51 pm "We don't want to be like Northampton and Harlequins who are so desperate for success they put 1st teamers out in a plea to win some type of silverware" May i remind you of our line-up for the 2017 final:

15 George Worth
14 Peter Betham
13 Mathew Tait (c)
12 Jack Roberts
11 Tom Brady
10 Freddie Burns
9 Jono Kitto
1 Ellis Genge
2 George McGuigan
3 Fraser Balmain
4 Harry Wells
5 Graham Kitchener
6 Mike Williams
7 Harry Thacker
8 Lachlan McCaffrey

Replacements
16 Tom Youngs
17 Michele Rizzo
18 Greg Bateman
19 Dom Barrow
20 Luke Hamilton
21 Ben White
22 Owen Williams
23 Matt Smith
Yes, but then a Premiership title was still a possibility.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

JP14 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:41 pm Tuilagi played alright just needs a haircut and needs to go into contact at optimum speed and at a lower height, the people on the forum here are overreacting (again), it was a dead rubber with some players. We don't want to be like Northampton and Harlequins who are so desperate for success they put 1st teamers out in a plea to win some type of silverware, it's good that we are staying to the point of the competition as a developmental one, and to play bad whilst scoring 4 points is a good thing too
:smt044 surely not?!

Some youngsters put in positive performances, some did not. You could sum up Wasps AWC campaign in similar terms.

Umaga has yet to prove himself at even Premiership level, so let's wait before bemoaning the loss of a superstar.