LEICESTER TIGERS 2017/18 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 3!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2017/18 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 3!

Post by JP14 »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:55 pm
ghdav27 wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:34 pm Didn't someone say a few weeks ago that we'd have a smaller squad next season?!
GG did but i think he was talking about the Senior and development squad as a whole not just seniors.

I could see going.
Betts - Conifrmed
Thacker - Confirmed
McGuigan
Rizzo
Hills
Traynor
Beaumann
Barrow
Maksymiw
Hamilton
Brady
Catchpole
Maybe a couple others.
I’d be sad to see Makysmiw go but with the emergence of Wells and Jordan he would probably struggle. I’d be very sad to see Hamilton go as he one of our genuine leaders on the field and I will also be sad to see Barrow go, thought he was a shoe in for Argentina last year but he has had trouble with his neck if that is to be believed.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:55 pm GG did but i think he was talking about the Senior and development squad as a whole not just seniors.

I could see going.
Betts - Conifrmed
Thacker - Confirmed
McGuigan
Rizzo
Hills
Traynor
Beaumann
Barrow
Maksymiw
Hamilton
Brady
Catchpole
Maybe a couple others.
I'd add Wells to that list, star performer but not being picked. With Spencer coming in his chances will become even more limited. I hope he stays but I can see it happening
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

I don’t see Wells leaving this season TBH could be wrong but when i’ve Spoken to him he seems to be comfortable where he is and loves being with Tigers. Now if the club needs cap I don’t know what might happen.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:12 pm I don’t see Wells leaving this season TBH could be wrong but when i’ve Spoken to him he seems to be comfortable where he is and loves being with Tigers. Now if the club needs cap I don’t know what might happen.
Wells started way down the pecking order and is now getting regular game time with two player of the month awards. He should feel positive about his position as you say. The club should be looking him at as the natural replacement for Fitzgerald.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

sam16111986 wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:06 pm
RagingBull wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:12 pm I don’t see Wells leaving this season TBH could be wrong but when i’ve Spoken to him he seems to be comfortable where he is and loves being with Tigers. Now if the club needs cap I don’t know what might happen.
Wells started way down the pecking order and is now getting regular game time with two player of the month awards. He should feel positive about his position as you say. The club should be looking him at as the natural replacement for Fitzgerald.
Indeed. If anything, particularly if someone else moves on, there's potential for Maksymiw to fill Wells' shoes on the fringes on the first team squad and Jordan to take Maksymiw's place in the Development Squad.

Either way, I don't think (or hope) it's curtains for JM just yet. :smt001
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

Spicer wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:22 pm
RagingBull wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:55 pm GG did but i think he was talking about the Senior and development squad as a whole not just seniors.

I could see going.
Betts - Conifrmed
Thacker - Confirmed
McGuigan
Rizzo
Hills
Traynor
Beaumann
Barrow
Maksymiw
Hamilton
Brady
Catchpole
Maybe a couple others.
I'd add Wells to that list, star performer but not being picked. With Spencer coming in his chances will become even more limited. I hope he stays but I can see it happening
I believe well signed a new contract last march it would be odd to only make it a 1 year as he hadn’t broken into the 1st team then so i would imagine he would have been on that much.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

I know Cordero signed with the Chiefs until the end of the season, but nothing confirmed after that. Any chance he still might be coming here for next season?

Also anyone know any news on us trying to sign Steve Mafi?
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

I see in TRP that Logo hasn't been offered a contract yet and is apparently a wee bit peed off? Maybe his performance card is on the 'red' side? Also Barrow maybe on his way too something to do with a bust with Tom Youngs on the training pitch?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:58 am I know Cordero signed with the Chiefs until the end of the season, but nothing confirmed after that. Any chance he still might be coming here for next season?

Mafi is pretty likely from what i hear.
TigerCam wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:09 pm I see in TRP that Logo hasn't been offered a contract yet and is apparently a wee bit peed off? Also Barrow maybe on his way too something to do with a bust with Tom Youngs on the training pitch?
The Barrow thing has been common knowledge now for a while, although surprised he hasn't properly been linked with a club.
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:10 pm
Leicestertinytiger wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:58 am I know Cordero signed with the Chiefs until the end of the season, but nothing confirmed after that. Any chance he still might be coming here for next season?

TigerCam wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:09 pm I see in TRP that Logo hasn't been offered a contract yet and is apparently a wee bit peed off? Also Barrow maybe on his way too something to do with a bust with Tom Youngs on the training pitch?
The Barrow thing has been common knowledge now for a while, although surprised he hasn't properly been linked with a club.
I thought there was a "Barrow to Sale" rumour?
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

Stu_F wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:08 pm
RagingBull wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:10 pm

I thought there was a "Barrow to Sale" rumour?
I believe these where all rumours started by rugby inside line about christmas time, along with youngs leaving, all coaching staff having been sacked. So i’d take it as just hear say until there are any offical announcements.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

The Barrow to Sale rumour was Fissler and Rugbyinsideline saying he was going to leave middle of season. (Which clearly hasn't happened).
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

TigerCam wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:09 pm I see in TRP that Logo hasn't been offered a contract yet and is apparently a wee bit peed off? Maybe his performance card is on the 'red' side? Also Barrow maybe on his way too something to do with a bust with Tom Youngs on the training pitch?
Well Flats has put Mulipola in his team of the week for two weeks in a row now. I don’t think there will be too many reds on his sheet, he has really improved on his scrummaging and while he doesn’t carry like he used he still makes a couple of yards with 3 blokes on his back
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
FrontRowUnionMember
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by FrontRowUnionMember »

If he's truly over his fitness issues, you'd have no doubt about offering him a new deal. Cole plays too many minutes because Logo and Cilliers seem to have missed more games than they've played this year. Think how much fresher he'd be if we had a reliable understudy. We could maybe get away one of them, but not both.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

I thought when Mulipola was linked to Toulon MOC near enough confirmed that he would be staying with Tigers next season.

Cilliers, Baumann, Rizzo and Traynor likely off though so expect us to bring in another TH.