LEICESTER TIGERS 2017/18 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 3!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2017/18 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 3!

Post by Spicer »

:smt026 Lets hope Mafi is as good (or better) than when he left.
Locks: Mafi, Spencer, Kitchener, Fitzgerald, Williams, Mapapalangi, Wells, Maksymiw.
That's a lot of options. I wouldn't be surprised to see the last two people on that list leave in search of game time as the chances will be even more limited than now.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

I am disappointed with this "possibility". He didn't impress me when Castres played us - did not look the same Steve Mafi that left us.
Hehehehehehehehe
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Whenever I’ve seen him he appears to have a different number on his back, it was also reported around Christmas that he wasn’t happy at Castres.
If he does return I hope it is as a lock as we have plenty of back row options next season
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Not in the Castres XV to play Montpellier tonight and not even on the bench so I suspect he is injured but I don't know.
Hehehehehehehehe
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

trendylfj wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:05 am Not in the Castres XV to play Montpellier tonight and not even on the bench so I suspect he is injured but I don't know.
I believe the report was that we would have signed him with immediate effect but he broke his hand in last week game.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Heard this morning that Ryan might be off too.
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

Spicer wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:52 am :smt026 Lets hope Mafi is as good (or better) than when he left.
Locks: Mafi, Spencer, Kitchener, Fitzgerald, Williams, Mapapalangi, Wells, Maksymiw.
That's a lot of options. I wouldn't be surprised to see the last two people on that list leave in search of game time as the chances will be even more limited than now.
Does Mapapalangi cover 2nd ive only seen him listed as back row, even if he has played there before has he ever done it at any kind of level, also with Williams I know he is listed as being able to cover it and personally I think he’d be better served there, but i dont recall us playing him there and doubt we’ve trained with him there, so I think we might sign another 2nd row as people have also rumoured Maksymiw might be leaving as well.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Stephen18 wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:23 am
Spicer wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:52 am :smt026 Lets hope Mafi is as good (or better) than when he left.
Does Mapapalangi cover 2nd ive only seen him listed as back row, even if he has played there before has he ever done it at any kind of level, also with Williams I know he is listed as being able to cover it and personally I think he’d be better served there, but i dont recall us playing him there and doubt we’ve trained with him there, so I think we might sign another 2nd row as people have also rumoured Maksymiw might be leaving as well.
He's played second row for Tonga. (Think he's been paired up with Mafi at lock for tonga actually).
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

[/quote]

He's played second row for Tonga. (Think he's been paired up with Mafi at lock for tonga actually).
[/quote]
Cheers, that make me hope we have signed him up to a longer even more then.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

TRP reports that we've signed James Voss from Jersey with immediate effect "to replace Dom Barrow". Described as a powerful ball carrier weighing in at just under 19st, aged 24. I'm guessing Jonny May will know Voss from his time with the C&Ws.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

TigersFans (twitter) saying we're set to sign Bristol’s tighthead Cortes, for next season. Age 33?
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

strawclearer wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:14 pm TigersFans (twitter) saying we're set to sign Bristol’s tighthead Cortes, for next season. Age 33?
I'd guess he's a replacement for Cilliers, is a bit worrying that most of the recent signings have been over or around 30 years old
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

strawclearer wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:41 am TRP reports that we've signed James Voss from Jersey with immediate effect "to replace Dom Barrow". Described as a powerful ball carrier weighing in at just under 19st, aged 24. I'm guessing Jonny May will know Voss from his time with the C&Ws.
Quality operator when at Hartpury. Let’s hope he can transfer that form to this level.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

kpj tiger wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:23 pm
strawclearer wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:14 pm TigersFans (twitter) saying we're set to sign Bristol’s tighthead Cortes, for next season. Age 33?
I'd guess he's a replacement for Cilliers, is a bit worrying that most of the recent signings have been over or around 30 years old
I imagine the issue with any prop coming they are going to be third choice for the next couple of seasons with the current crop.
Maybe interim till Heyes makes it
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

33 isn't that old for a prop.
Our props
Rizzo 35
Mulipola 31
Cilliers 31
Dan Cole 30 (31 in may)

2 seasons to help give us a solid Tighthead option with the internationals away, Heyes is only 18.
kpj tiger wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:23 pm

We could be currently looking at
Cortes 33
Thompson 31
Mafi 28
Denton 28
Spencer 25
Aspland-robsinon 21
Which isn't too bad TBH not sure why it would be worrying really.