LEICESTER TIGERS 2017/18 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 3!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2017/18 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 3!

Post by RagingBull »

RugbyinsideLine saying Bordeaux, Montpelier and 2 leading prem clubs are after Nick Malouf.
My rule of thumb tends to be more than 2 clubs = Agent talk but sounds like he is out of contract.

Also reports Mafi is re-joining us, was meant to be back immediately but broke his hand.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

RagingBull wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:08 pm RugbyinsideLine saying Bordeaux, Montpelier and 2 leading prem clubs are after Nick Malouf.
My rule of thumb tends to be more than 2 clubs = Agent talk but sounds like he is out of contract.

Also reports Mafi is re-joining us, was meant to be back immediately but broke his hand.
I think he was only signed on a 1 year contract as it was a bit of a punt signing him that paid off to be honest. I do hope he stays and resigns
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

RagingBull wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:08 pm RugbyinsideLine saying Bordeaux, Montpelier and 2 leading prem clubs are after Nick Malouf.

Thought it was his knees?
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:44 pm We would all be happy wouldn’t we with Mafi coming in as his replacement?
No his time has been and gone you cannot wind the clock back he is not the player that went AWOL from us.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

JP14 wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:36 pm

What?

He broke his hand this weekend playing for Castres, what's his knees got to do with it?
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

RagingBull wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:37 pm

What?

He broke his hand this weekend playing for Castres, what's his knees got to do with it?
I swear someone said we were going to sign him but didn’t on account of shoddy knees?
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

JP14 wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:44 pm

What?

I swear someone said we were going to sign him but didn’t on account of shoddy knees?
That was RugbyInsideline a bit ago.
But if he still been playing then i guess his knees must be alright.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

RagingBull wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:48 pm

What?

oh ok 👍
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Malouf for me is a keeper. He has talent that needs honing as he gets his head further around 15-a-side. While he plays winger, there seems to be potential for outside centre, or indeed FB. He has pace and finishes, is a good tackler, a kick chaser and has an edge over some backs from his experience in 7s. As long as his IQ is not limited :smt003 I would expect him to flower next season, so a 2 year contract would make sense.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

jgriffin wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:12 am Malouf for me is a keeper. He has talent that needs honing as he gets his head further around 15-a-side. While he plays winger, there seems to be potential for outside centre, or indeed FB. He has pace and finishes, is a good tackler, a kick chaser and has an edge over some backs from his experience in 7s. As long as his IQ is not limited :smt003 I would expect him to flower next season, so a 2 year contract would make sense.
+1 :smt023
Hehehehehehehehe
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

jgriffin wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:12 am Malouf for me is a keeper. He has talent that needs honing as he gets his head further around 15-a-side. While he plays winger, there seems to be potential for outside centre, or indeed FB. He has pace and finishes, is a good tackler, a kick chaser and has an edge over some backs from his experience in 7s. As long as his IQ is not limited :smt003 I would expect him to flower next season, so a 2 year contract would make sense.
Definitely agree with this, he has potential and has slotted into a he team well, he’s clearly above Brady in the pecking order now, anf with May away during the internationals. He cant be on that much money, although the fact its mentions multiple teams sound a bit like an agent trying to get more money, and er do still have May, Thompstone, Holmes and Olowofela.
Possibly Brady and Catchpole.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Stephen18 wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:09 am
Definitely agree with this, he has potential and has slotted into a he team well, he’s clearly above Brady in the pecking order now, anf with May away during the internationals. He cant be on that much money, although the fact its mentions multiple teams sound a bit like an agent trying to get more money, and er do still have May, Thompstone, Holmes and Olowofela.
Possibly Brady and Catchpole.
Of your principal four, Olowofela is a future star, so having the other 3 plus Malouf and one other winger to sign up makes sense. Also Olowofela R may well be the long-term answer as a returnee from 7s.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Sam Aspland Robinson too apparently.

Olowofela isn’t ready for prem rugby yet IMO.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

RagingBull wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:48 pm
RagingBull wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:37 pm What?
Rugbypass has also confirmed that we have signed him - https://www.rugbypass.com/news/4-years- ... lford-road
Hehehehehehehehe
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

I have been to Castres a number of times this season, and Mafi has not stood out with his performances. As for his knees, who knows? Often bandaged, but his is a line out target too.
Valhalla I am coming!