LEICESTER TIGERS 2017/18 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 3!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Post Reply
AngusMcCoatup
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 158
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 9:37 am
Location: Coates.

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2017/18 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 3!

Post by AngusMcCoatup » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:28 pm

longlivethecrumbie wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:15 pm
Rugby inside line reporting that Betts has signed for Ealing Trailfinders for next season.
Yes this was advised at the recent Fans Forum as going to Ealing but a sad loss for Tigers as he will be a good Irish Prop of the future. Perhaps we can try to dual him as cover!
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!

RagingBull
Super User
Super User
Posts: 7135
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:54 pm

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2017/18 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 3!

Post by RagingBull » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:30 am

Harlequins U20 Winger Aspland Robinson being linked to us. Heard something last night us having signed a young winger.

kpj tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1986
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:57 pm
Location: Stoney Stanton

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2017/18 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 3!

Post by kpj tiger » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:14 am

RagingBull wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:30 am
Harlequins U20 Winger Aspland Robinson being linked to us. Heard something last night us having signed a young winger.
A good signing although I'm not sure why we are looking for more Wingers, May, Holmes and Thompstone are quality and even if Brady leaves we still have Olowofela coming through the academy

norfolkexpat
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 482
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:23 pm

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2017/18 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 3!

Post by norfolkexpat » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:24 am

Personally I would convert Thompstone to centre where he could be really useful as back up. Holmes is surely nailed in now, and Bakewell appears to have made a massive difference in one week. Hopefully to be continued...

RagingBull
Super User
Super User
Posts: 7135
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:54 pm

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2017/18 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 3!

Post by RagingBull » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:39 am

kpj tiger wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:14 am
RagingBull wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:30 am
Harlequins U20 Winger Aspland Robinson being linked to us. Heard something last night us having signed a young winger.
A good signing although I'm not sure why we are looking for more Wingers, May, Holmes and Thompstone are quality and even if Brady leaves we still have Olowofela coming through the academy
More for the future I guess Thompstone is getting on, May is away.

Aspland Robinson’s is more 1st ready than Olowofela IMO.

May, Holmes, Olowofela
Thompstone, Malouf, SAR
Last edited by RagingBull on Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kpj tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1986
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:57 pm
Location: Stoney Stanton

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2017/18 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 3!

Post by kpj tiger » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:15 pm

RagingBull wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:39 am
kpj tiger wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:14 am
RagingBull wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:30 am
Harlequins U20 Winger Aspland Robinson being linked to us. Heard something last night us having signed a young winger.
A good signing although I'm not sure why we are looking for more Wingers, May, Holmes and Thompstone are quality and even if Brady leaves we still have Olowofela coming through the academy
More for the future I guess Thompstone is getting on, May is away.

Aspland Robinson’s is more 1st ready than Olowofela IMO.

May, Holmes, Olowofela
Thompstone, Malouf, ASP
Hadn't even realised that Thompstone is 30, and I guess it could also mean that Malouf might move in to 13

Jimmy Skitz
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1522
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 3:19 pm
Location: Thurnby Lodge

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2017/18 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 3!

Post by Jimmy Skitz » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:41 pm

RagingBull wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:39 am
kpj tiger wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:14 am
RagingBull wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:30 am
Harlequins U20 Winger Aspland Robinson being linked to us. Heard something last night us having signed a young winger.
A good signing although I'm not sure why we are looking for more Wingers, May, Holmes and Thompstone are quality and even if Brady leaves we still have Olowofela coming through the academy
More for the future I guess Thompstone is getting on, May is away.

Aspland Robinson’s is more 1st ready than Olowofela IMO.

May, Holmes, Olowofela
Thompstone, Malouf, SAR
also add Telusa to that mix with Worth at 15 as another option

sam16111986
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3191
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:27 pm
Location: Shepshed

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2017/18 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 3!

Post by sam16111986 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:59 pm

WhitecapTiger wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:06 pm
sam16111986 wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:51 pm
or Cockasinga the massive quick winger (don't think he's 20 yet) would be better additions. With Tait and Brady possibly off they'd fill out the squad nicely.
Cockanasiga rumoured to be off to Bath I think.
Shame. Good option to replace Banahan for Bath. Roko and Cocka is a wing combo with a lot of pace and power. Not sure they'll be able to cover for Watson's missed tackles at 15 mind.

DeadlyDunc
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 181
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:05 pm

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2017/18 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 3!

Post by DeadlyDunc » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:14 pm


Stephen18
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 340
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:51 am

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2017/18 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 3!

Post by Stephen18 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:32 pm

DeadlyDunc wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:14 pm
Tait has signed a new contract

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-engla ... 06742ac403
Good for him and us great utility player to have as back up, i know his pace isn’t what it was. But got a great rugby brain was great on saturday as he has been most games hes played for us. Although how has this been revealed by the bbc before our website, hopefully waiting to reveal a few tomorrow

Leicestertinytiger
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1283
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:22 pm

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2017/18 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 3!

Post by Leicestertinytiger » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:34 pm

Good! By the sounds of things won’t be on loads of money. Has played very well this season and can cover 12, 13 and 15. Is a crucial player when we have injuries or internationals are away.

Hoping we see him move more into the 12 role as has impressed when played there. Good against Saracens.

JP14
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3806
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am
Location: Neverland

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2017/18 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 3!

Post by JP14 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:56 pm

Stephen18 wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:32 pm
DeadlyDunc wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:14 pm
Tait has signed a new contract

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-engla ... 06742ac403
Good for him and us great utility player to have as back up, i know his pace isn’t what it was. But got a great rugby brain was great on saturday as he has been most games hes played for us. Although how has this been revealed by the bbc before our website, hopefully waiting to reveal a few tomorrow
Popcorn Thursday, that’s why
"Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing, But In Rising Every Time We Fall" Confucius

strawclearer
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3566
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:13 am

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2017/18 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 3!

Post by strawclearer » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:10 pm

Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Help save the Oceans - #RefuseTheStraw!

Dr H Flashman MBE
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 702
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:10 pm
Location: Bath..Behind enemy lines..

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2017/18 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 3!

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:22 pm

JP14 wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:56 pm
Stephen18 wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:32 pm
DeadlyDunc wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:14 pm
Tait has signed a new contract

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-engla ... 06742ac403
Good for him and us great utility player to have as back up, i know his pace isn’t what it was. But got a great rugby brain was great on saturday as he has been most games hes played for us. Although how has this been revealed by the bbc before our website, hopefully waiting to reveal a few tomorrow
Popcorn Thursday, that’s why
That is a nice thought...Tait resigns, Denton, Spencer and Thompson...I wonder if there are any other treats in store??
There is never any points for 2nd place...

JP14
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3806
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am
Location: Neverland

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2017/18 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 3!

Post by JP14 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:15 pm

I’d give anything if we got Edwin Maka but I’m beginning to think that some random guy try to spur a random rumour
"Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing, But In Rising Every Time We Fall" Confucius

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests