LEICESTER TIGERS 2017/18 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 3!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2017/18 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 3!

Post by RagingBull »

For me my current Back Row would be
6. Thompson
7. O'Connor
8. Denton
As said with current options.
Loob19 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:46 am
RagingBull wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:06 pm I expect a couple more forwards signings still to come.
There was mention else where that a couple more signings are complete - any detail you care to add?
Can't really say currently sorry.
I expect some to be announced with Denton.

Ged said we are going to have a smaller squad so i expect quite a few leavers to still be announced as off.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Can’t believe some people are willing to drop Kalamafoni completely from the backrow. Granted he hasn’t been great in his ball carrying but normally tops the stats for tackles and handling. At 6 he could really do the grunt work and let others shine ball in hand.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Denton just confirmed on app and social media
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

A solid mid-table signing in Denton, how depressing. Even worse Worcester have brought in a better player in Cornell du Preez to replace him.
LondonRich
Tiger Cub

Post by LondonRich »

I have to disagree with that assessment @CitizenSmiff. CDP was good when he first arrived at Edinburgh, but is no where near that form currently. He was non-existent in the Wales vs Scotland game.
Denton might not be the greatest footballer, but he is abrasive and tough and put in a good shift vs France at the weekend.

I think Denton is a solid enough signing. Whether he is effectively utilised will be a completely different matter.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

With Bakewell now announced, here's what Jordan Crane thinks.....

"Gutted to see Bakes leave us, but if he had to go somewhere I’m glad it’s Leicester Tigers. He is a top coach and a great guy."
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

Denton could be a very good signing, been a bit out of it the last few years due initially to a midseason transfer to Bath and then injury. I think he's a very good match for Leicester. There's an aspect of his play that's under-rated IMO, and that's his maul defence. He seems to have a habit of working his way through the middle of opposing mauls and getting his hands on the ball. Also a very good lineout operator, or at least he used to be - might not be so effective now he's put on a bit of weight.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Quade Cooper anyone, surprised no one has mentioned him yet?
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

LE18...you deliberately teasing this forum?? You could start dangerous rumours with that sort of posting!!
There is never any points for 2nd place...
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:12 pm LE18...you deliberately teasing this forum?? You could start dangerous rumours with that sort of posting!!
Today's Telegraph saying he has lost his National contract and dropping back to club rugby, until someone signs him at his £300,000+ contract. Now there's a player, maverick who could be back up to George! :smt048
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

Sold to the Tigers! If he is available and we are in with a chance, we need to take a punt. Having a maverick like that as 10 would be like having a Carlos Spencer, Cipriani or even some Fijian who once graced our club!!
There is never any points for 2nd place...
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:51 pm Sold to the Tigers! If he is available and we are in with a chance, we need to take a punt. Having a maverick like that as 10 would be like having a Carlos Spencer, Cipriani or even some Fijian who once graced our club!!
My wife threw out the Sports supplement after I read it this morning, or I could tell you more. All those Mavericks were mentioned in the report, Brad Thorn was the coach who called time on him.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

fortysix wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:13 pm Hang on , with absolutely no disrespect to two once very talented off the top grade players, surely Tigers , yes the Leicester :censored: Tigers, the most famous Club in England , should be purchasing Top world standard players.

We are supposed to be the Man City/ Man Utd of Rugby, not Burnley.
So you think Tigers are supposed to have a wage bill many times that of most of the other clubs in the Premiership? You may have missed the news on this, but there was a SALARY CAP introduced a little while back. Google it.

It should be obvious that we can't sign only "top world standard players".

It baffles me that people are disappointed with Denton. Our forwards lack ball carrying ability. Denton is known for being a good ball carrier. That works for me. Was anyone really expecting us to sign Billy :censored: Vunipola?!
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Tiglon wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:08 pm
fortysix wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:13 pm Hang on , with absolutely no disrespect to two once very talented off the top grade players, surely Tigers , yes the Leicester :censored: Tigers, the most famous Club in England , should be purchasing Top world standard players.

So you think Tigers are supposed to have a wage bill many times that of most of the other clubs in the Premiership? You may have missed the news on this, but there was a SALARY CAP introduced a little while back. Google it.

It baffles me that people are disappointed with Denton. Our forwards lack ball carrying ability. Denton is known for being a good ball carrier. That works for me. Was anyone really expecting us to sign Billy :censored: Vunipola?!
You mean Billy's not coming? :smt043 .............bummer!!
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

TigerCam wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:00 pm
Tiglon wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:08 pm

You mean Billy's not coming? :smt043 .............bummer!!
Even if we did sign BV, everyone would only complain that he's injured all the time and a waste of salary cap... :smt003