The real reason* Tigers didn't qualify for ECC quarter final

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: The real reason* Tigers didn't qualify for ECC quarter final

Post by Rugbyflanker »

I'm going leftfield but for me England's best player is Launchbury,real class!
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

h's dad wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:07 pm
BFG wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:00 pm
h's dad wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:42 pm
They're 57 and 69 respectively. Number one, somewhat bizarrely I'll admit, is your mate Owen Farrell :smt003
Nothing bizarre about it, unless you think that they are all wrong including the Lions, England and Saracens!
Farrell successfully plays 10 and 12 at all levels and kicks goals under pressure better than anyone, he is a leader and a winner, back to back Champions Cup winner etc.
It's who IS the best player, and not who talks a good game and could be!
I'm not an expert but I'm sure not all the contenders for best player are qualified for Lions and England and not all would be prepared to move to Saracens for various reasons.
BFG wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:00 pmand the destination of the 2019 World Cup could determine Rugby World's next top rated player.
Sound logic equally applicable to the 2015 World Cup. Didn't see Farrell on the teamsheet.

Farrell may be a serious contender for top English player, but best in the world? Yes, bizarre.
Not bizarre at all, especially as he also has plenty of medals in the cabinet to back it up.
It's best player, not best potential talents, surely winning and the part played in it is important.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Re: The real reason Tigers didn't qualify for ECC quarter final

Post by Roly »

h's dad wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:50 pm
ellis9 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:55 pm
Roly wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:51 pm And there was me thinking it was because Tigers are (for several reasons) suffering their worst run of form since Pontius was a pilot.
There was me thinking people had a sense of humour! :smt023
Now Ellis, you know the only time Roly makes any pretence at a sense of humour is when he thinks he's the one displaying the wit.
Written by someone who displays normal observations and personality that wouldn't be out of a place at a wake, I do find the irony of your post rather obvious.
Last edited by Roly on Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:11 pm I'm going leftfield but for me England's best player is Launchbury,real class!
He's not even England's best lock (although I concede he is ripping up trees for Wasps at present).
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Roly wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:59 am
ellis9 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:55 pm

There was me thinking people had a sense of humour! :smt023
Now Ellis, you know the only time Roly makes any pretence at a sense of humour is when he thinks he's the one displaying the wit.
Written by someone who displays normal observations and personality that wouldn't be out of a place at a wake, I do find the irony of your post rather obvious.
Not at all. The wit of many posters on here can make me laugh out loud. Most of them, unlike yourself, with that intent.

Oh, and the last eulogy I gave cracked up the whole congregation, including the widow. I will admit that was probably a one off.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

h's dad wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:55 pm
Not at all. The wit of many posters on here can make me laugh out loud. Most of them, unlike yourself, with that intent.

Oh, and the last eulogy I gave cracked up the whole congregation, including the widow. I will admit that was probably a one off.
I'm almost certain you missed my point. still, my hopes weren't high.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Roly wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:10 pm
h's dad wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:55 pm

I'm almost certain you missed my point. still, my hopes weren't high.
We've all observed that your hopes aren't high. You talk of irony yet the irony visible on every post you make continues to elude you. More comatose than unconscious.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

I'm with BFG on this one, Farrell is not a bizarre option at all. Sure, you can make arguments for other players - after all, it is only opinion - but for me Farrell is right up there. The 2015 WC was more than 2 years ago, so it wouldn't really be a good guide as to who is the best player right now.