Tigers vs Cardiff Blues - AWC Cup

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers vs Cardiff Blues - AWC Cup

Post by trendylfj »

whilst accepting others can see things in Freddie that I don't, the fact is simple - can I see him making a reasonable contribution and thus earn a living and enjoying his life as a rugby player at the top level - no I can't. He may enjoy himself, we all have who have played the game, but I don't see him doing it in the premiership. As I said I think his contribution at scrum time is ok which is a v important part of a no8 but I just don't see it in the rest of his game. I also think that some hard honest decisions have to be made for these youngsters and their futures. We have let some youngsters go (or they have decided to go) and they have made excellent progress (Lewington) and succeeded but far more have not. Are we doing them any favours by keeping them on? No imho
Hehehehehehehehe
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

sapajo wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:15 pm Decent first half, then typical Tigers 2nd half switch off with numerous handling errors, poor kicking, poor scrum and got regularly turned over. It was a win but we spent most of the half defending and in our own half. A TBP remains beyond us yer again. I am seriously worried about our premiership prospects .
The silence was deafening at Welcome Rd.

And, with a TBP begging, they choose to kick it off at the end when awarded a penalty, you couldn't make it up.

Still, the result at the Rec means Tigers have a chance, but they are not going to beat Wasps I wouldn't think, despite Wasps' poor showing this weekend. They need to win by at least four tries I think - so on three, they'll do everything they can to avoid the fourth.
Last edited by Roly on Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

I expected to see more comments regarding Gigena, is he the new Marcos? Seemed to do ok to me, scrum went downhill after front row went off except for PN, he really put some effort in!