Tigers vs Cardiff Blues - AWC Cup

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers vs Cardiff Blues - AWC Cup

Post by Doghashadhisday »

WiggoTiger wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:28 pm Play full strength side only chance of silverware. Need to win something to cheer us up
Only problem is that it is already out of our hands as Newcastle are almost certain to make it from our group so not much chance of silverware
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

Doghashadhisday wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:29 pm
WiggoTiger wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:28 pm Play full strength side only chance of silverware. Need to win something to cheer us up
Only problem is that it is already out of our hands as Newcastle are almost certain to make it from our group so not much chance of silverware
If there's a mathematical chance of qualifying you can be sure MoC's team selection will negate it.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
DeadlyDunc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DeadlyDunc »

Gigena McGuigan* Cilliers
Wells Makysmiw
Ryan Tuilagi Evans
Simmonds Toomua
Tuilagi Owen
Holmes Worth Brady

Reps - Mahoney / Rizzo / Bateman / Fitzgerald / Mapapalangi / White / Hardwick / C Thacker
*Harry Thacker if McGuigan is injured

Personally, I think Joe Ford will feature but I'd go with the above so that Toomua, Owen & Manu get some time on the field together before the Gloucester game because they (if fit) would be what i'd start with in that match.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Always been impressed with Owen whenever I’ve seen him play. Pity he’s been injured so much this season. Hopefully over the AWC he can get match fit for Gloucester.

Hoping Jonah Holmes smashes it. Such a natural finisher who reads the game a bit like Ashton. Always seems to be on the shoulder of the ball player or running a great support line.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:15 pm Always been impressed with Owen whenever I’ve seen him play. Pity he’s been injured so much this season. Hopefully over the AWC he can get match fit for Gloucester.

Hoping Jonah Holmes smashes it. Such a natural finisher who reads the game a bit like Ashton. Always seems to be on the shoulder of the ball player or running a great support line.
Based on performances this season, Owen would be my first choice 13 when fit.

I'd like to see more of Holmes in the Premiership, he looks like a very promising talent.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Tiglon wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:50 am
Leicestertinytiger wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:15 pm Always been impressed with Owen whenever I’ve seen him play. Pity he’s been injured so much this season. Hopefully over the AWC he can get match fit for Gloucester.

I'd like to see more of Holmes in the Premiership, he looks like a very promising talent.
Should be happy with tomorrows selection then

15 George Worth

14 Tom Brady

13 Gareth Owen

12 Charlie Thacker

11 Jonah Holmes

10 Joe Ford

9 Sam Harrison (c)

1 Facundo Gigena

2 Jake Kerr

3 Pat Cilliers

4 Joe Maksymiw

5 Harry Wells

6 Luke Hamilton

7 Will Evans

8 Fred Tuilagi

Replacements

16 Tatafu Polota-Nau

17 Kyle Traynor

18 Chris Baumann

19 Sam Lewis

20 Valentino Mapapalangi

21 Harry Simmons

22 Tom Hardwick

23 Jordan Olowofela
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Harrison and Ford don't exactly fill me with confidence.
I'll be happier if Indiana Jones was on the team sheet :smt003
Semper in excretia
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

loretta wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:30 pm
Tiglon wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:50 am

Should be happy with tomorrows selection then

15 George Worth

14 Tom Brady

13 Gareth Owen

12 Charlie Thacker

11 Jonah Holmes

10 Joe Ford

9 Sam Harrison (c)

1 Facundo Gigena

2 Jake Kerr

3 Pat Cilliers

4 Joe Maksymiw

5 Harry Wells

6 Luke Hamilton

7 Will Evans

8 Fred Tuilagi

Replacements

16 Tatafu Polota-Nau

17 Kyle Traynor

18 Chris Baumann

19 Sam Lewis

20 Valentino Mapapalangi

21 Harry Simmons

22 Tom Hardwick

23 Jordan Olowofela
Not a bad side, maybe a close game
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Tiger93

Post by Tiger93 »

Blaine Scully and Jack Roberts in the Cardiff side.
Tiger Cub

Post by 1988 »

disappointed not to see Manu in the side, surely needs game time.

unless that tight calf was more than thought pre racing game
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

Cardiff Blues: Rhun Williams; Blaine Scully (C), Aled Summerhill, Jack Roberts, Corey Howells; Steven Shingler, Lewis Jones; Corey Domachowski, Kirby Myhill, Anton Peikrishvili, Ben Murphy, James Down, Macauley Cook, James Botham, Alun Lawrence

Replacements: Ethan Lewis, Rhys Carre, Keiron Assiratti, Owen Lloyd, Joe Miles, Scott Gibson, Ben Jones, Max Llewellyn

Last week against Lyon: Gareth Anscombe, Alex Cuthbert, Garyn Smith, Rey Lee-Lo, Blaine Scully, Jarrod Evans, Lloyd Williams, Gethin Jenkins, Matthew Rees, Dillon Lewis, Damian Welch, James Down, Macauley Cook, Ellis Jenkins and Josh Navidi.

Replacements: Kirby Myhill, Bradley Thyer, Scott Andrews, Josh Turnbull, Olly Robinson, Tomos Williams, Steve Shingler and Rhun Williams.

Looks like they have made a lot of changes. I don't know enough about them to judge whether they are strong or not.

Scully is captain. He's a very good defensive winger, I guess we'll find out how good Holmes actually is against him.
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

As for our side, it's quite strong. I'd have liked to of seen some more of the U20's before they go to the 6N, but that's just me.
Harrison and Ford really need to step up in this 6N period.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Bath have put out a relatively strong side agaunst Newcastle....a Bath victory and Tigers should have a goid chance ti qualify if they can beat Cardiff and Wasps.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

I agree. One of the those "who?" signings who actually turn out to have quite a bit of potential (which, to be fair, to be courted by a club like Leicester they should) with their change in environment. Let's hope he gets a run of injury free games.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Spicer wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:47 pm As for our side, it's quite strong. I'd have liked to of seen some more of the U20's before they go to the 6N, but that's just me.
Harrison and Ford really need to step up in this 6N period.
Harrison at least gets stuck even when not playing well, but I don't thing Joe Ford can step up, that's the problem
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.