Tigers vs Racing

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers vs Racing

Post by Robespierre »

Big Dai wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:36 pm For first time in .......................I don't know how long..........I couldn't give a hoot what happens. The performances this year have really got me down.
Chin up, Big Dai, and I'll beam over a bottle of Buzet!!
Semper in excretia
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

strawclearer wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:24 pm 1. The more our '1st XV' play together, the better they will perform as a team.

2. Injuries are an inevitable part of a contact sport.

3. 'Development' players don't just improve by playing against better opposition. The biggest advantage of going up a level is playing with better team-mates.

4. Success breeds success.

5. You only have one priority - ours is the Premiership and finishing Top 6 at worst.

So - imho we should play the very best XV as often as possible and, in the AWC, we should include no more than three Development or '2nd XV' players max in any side we put out.
Totally +1 :smt023.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MikeR »

In a 'non' match such as this we should be starting Worth at 15 , and Hardwick should be on the bench instead of Joe Ford . Tait is way past his sell by date and we should be giving Worth valuable game time to gain experience . I should also pick Simmons ahead of Harrison . If Harrison and Ford are the 9/10 at Kingsholm we will be blown away .
Racingfan

Post by Racingfan »

Go Racing !!!!!!! let's win this one and get qualified ! Sorry for my Leicester friends but we need this one ! ALLEZ RACING92 !!!!!!!
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Robespierre wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:06 pm I believe the selection for this game is about right.
Last week was the embarassment of being the whipping boys and cannot be repeated.
Tigers have to go out and make life as difficult as possible for Racing and if they can scrape a win, then we'll all be delighted (even the doubting Thomas's among us!).
On the subject of Joe Ford - spending 90% of his time on the bench he hardly has any game time whatsoever, so it's not too surprising that he looked off the pace last Sunday. Whether he's good enough to be Tigers' second choice fly half is another matter. I saw him play for the first time last week so cannot really comment, but judging by the comments of others on the forum, the answer is a resounding NO.
Chopping and changing the team for important matches serves no purpose at all and the strongest team should be selected.
Sadly, I won't be at the match but will be watching it on the net. Let's hope that the ground is pretty full and that the fair weather supporters decide to go!
Totally agree Robespierre! I on the other hand will be on the slopes in Switzerland but will try to find a bar with it on. Good side and we need a morale boosting victory!!
Soggypitch
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Even though picked a full strength side for today I still feel we will get beaten. Why play a :censored: side last week??
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

WiggoTiger wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:23 am Even though picked a full strength side for today I still feel we will get beaten.
Enjoy watching us get beaten today...everyone else will be there tomorrow :smt002 :smt002
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Premiership is priority and we need to keep the first team fit and fresh for that, however they do need games too otherwise they may be rusty.

Playing a second team against the Castres second team wasn't a crazy thing to do at all - yes we had a mathematical chance of qualification, but we all know it was never going to happen by that point. With Racing still in the hunt it would threaten the integrity of the competition if we played a second team again.

But, most of all, can you imagine how many points that Racing lineup would score if we put out the same team as last week? 70? 80? 90? 100? It would be an utter massacre! We all know MOC's job would be untenable after that kind of drubbing, regardless of already being out of Europe.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Tiglon wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:58 am Premiership is priority and we need to keep the first team fit and fresh for that, however they do need games too otherwise they may be rusty.

Playing a second team against the Castres second team wasn't a crazy thing to do at all - yes we had a mathematical chance of qualification, but we all know it was never going to happen by that point. With Racing still in the hunt it would threaten the integrity of the competition if we played a second team again.

But, most of all, can you imagine how many points that Racing lineup would score if we put out the same team as last week? 70? 80? 90? 100? It would be an utter massacre! We all know MOC's job would be untenable after that kind of drubbing, regardless of already being out of Europe.
Given the way the 1st XV has performed against the top Prem sides and then Munster, Castre and Racing so far, don't be surprised if Racing still get a big score?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Pazdehod

Post by Pazdehod »

Hi everyone,

Many fellow Racingmen and I will have the great pleasure of visiting tomorrow, them flying over from Paris and me on the train from... Hertfordshire 😊. Is there a gathering planned at the Final Whistle Bar after the match?
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

The journo in the Mail is predicting a home win!! Well you never know, we have a good side out and must KEEP THE FAITH :smt002
Soggypitch
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

The journo in the Mail is predicting a home win!!
DAILY FAIL. He predicted an Exeter win today. Probably doing a piece tomorrow about how everyone’s house is worth 100k more since the Brexit referendum.

Of more interest is the betting. 5/4 Tigers. 4/6 Racing. Probably about right. After today’s results Saracens and Toulon have put the pressure on so they have to win.

Incidentally, anyone know the last French team to win at WR? Lots of recent losses to the Irish but I can’t remember our last loss at home to the French (excluding Racing at the City Ground). Hope we start well. They can bring on Dan Carter. We’ve got Joe Ford!
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

MrPartridge wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:04 pm
The journo in the Mail is predicting a home win!!

Incidentally, anyone know the last French team to win at WR?
Perpignan? With a Mr Dupuy scoring against us.
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Well done to those at Tigers who yesterday covered the ground with the tent and are now removing it and leaving the pitch in pristine condition, despite it now snowing in Rugby. A big thankyou.
At least one part of Tigers seems interested in forward planning!. :smt002
- https://www.leicestertigers.com/club/webcam
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

wormus wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:45 am Well done to those at Tigers who yesterday covered the ground with the tent and are now removing it and leaving the pitch in pristine condition, despite it now snowing in Rugby. A big thankyou.
At least one part of Tigers seems interested in forward planning!. :smt002
- https://www.leicestertigers.com/club/webcam
Tent? Tent??? What happened to the straw?!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives