Tigers vs Racing

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Happydays

Re: Tigers vs Racing

Post by Happydays »

Interesting miss by officials of knock on by Rokocoko after 61 minutes of play. Ford missed touch but Rokocko clearly knocks on as he picks up the ball in dead ball area.
Tiger93

Post by Tiger93 »

Happydays wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:07 pm Interesting miss by officials of knock on by Rokocoko after 61 minutes of play. Ford missed touch but Rokocko clearly knocks on as he picks up the ball in dead ball area.
Some very questionable decisions by not just Owens but his assistants too in that second half. It was as if the competition wanted Racing to go through...
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

JP14 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:04 pm I’m going to go all conspiracy theorist here but does anyone else think that refs might be deliberately against us because of the Hand of Back in 2002 😂
No. Little Nigel just makes it up as he goes a long. May taken out in the air. Same as Tombstone v North. Plus not checking the knock on. Now I know perhaps he'd get he vote for common sense sometimes but you can't be out there on your own. Refs are getting bigger than the game in my view.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Big Dai wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:16 pm
JP14 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:04 pm I’m going to go all conspiracy theorist here but does anyone else think that refs might be deliberately against us because of the Hand of Back in 2002 😂
No. Little Nigel just makes it up as he goes a long. May taken out in the air. Same as Tombstone v North. Plus not checking the knock on. Now I know perhaps he'd get he vote for common sense sometimes but you can't be out there on your own. Refs are getting bigger than the game in my view.
Agreed. Common Sense vs the Laws of the Game. The issue, of course, is not 'Which should take precedence' but rather 'Why is there any conflict between them'! :smt017
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Tomvarndell
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Tomvarndell »

Somebody please tell Nick Malouf how to call for a mark. Ultimately cost us 3points.
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

Overall I am content. I expected us to get destroyed, especially after the first 10 minutes, but we rallied and turned it into a battle instead of rolling over.
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:52 pm should have gone to touch at that last scrum penalty.

some positives though, after recent weeks that's all I wanted
It looked to me like ford wanted to go to the corner, but Tom youngs wanted the scrum, probably a lack of confidence, cause he must have known they had the edge in the scrum so it be going backwards.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Good turnaround by Leicester, stayed competitive, something to build on.
The big Racing forwards were hard to stop in the slippery conditions early on.
Could've had the draw out of that if wanted but it was not a certain kick and Racing were wobbling a little.
I suspect it's probably Cockers fault that the scrum didn't quite win it in the end!
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Stephen18 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:25 pm
Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:52 pm should have gone to touch at that last scrum penalty.

some positives though, after recent weeks that's all I wanted
It looked to me like ford wanted to go to the corner, but Tom youngs wanted the scrum, probably a lack of confidence, cause he must have known they had the edge in the scrum so it be going backwards.
Poor choice in those conditions. Too much can go wrong with a scrum, like one forward losing his footing. Lineout would have been the better option imho.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

Says a lot that people are fairly happy with a home loss. How far we’ve come. Better than awful I guess.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

MrPartridge wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:46 pm Says a lot that people are fairly happy with a home loss. How far we’ve come. Better than awful I guess.
the fact we could have won with the last play of the game will put a positive light on the game, the second half was much more Tigers like in application if not quality
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

Pretty dire again - the ref didn't cost us.

Kicking the damn ball away ALL the time cost us more than the ref did.

I'd love to see how many times Ford and Youngs got the ball and passed it versus kick. The kick ratio is far too high - I don't even think the full backline touched the ball once in any moves all game.

One saving grace, we finally scored (our seasons second) try from a 5m lineout.

If this was MOC trying to prove a point, he did, he's still not good enough for Tigers.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

speedski wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:55 pm Pretty dire again - the ref didn't cost us.

I'd love to see how many times Ford and Youngs got the ball and passed it versus kick. The kick ratio is far too high - I don't even think the full backline touched the ball once in any moves all game.

If this was MOC trying to prove a point, he did, he's still not good enough for Tigers.
Are you seriously suggesting we should have played with ball in hand more in those conditions ? :smt017
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

kpj tiger wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:03 pm
speedski wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:55 pm Pretty dire again - the ref didn't cost us.

Are you seriously suggesting we should have played with ball in hand more in those conditions ? :smt017
Yes. Because the kicking game is absolutely useless if you have zero chase and poor direction. We have zero chase and we either kick it straight down the throat of the opposition or directly into touch - we have over possession time and time again, and more often than not cough up a penalty on the defending of that attack.

The only time we didn't was to May when he was, on viewing the TV replays after getting back from the game, fairly competed.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

speedski wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:12 pm
kpj tiger wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:03 pm

Yes. Because the kicking game is absolutely useless if you have zero chase and poor direction. We have zero chase and we either kick it straight down the throat of the opposition or directly into touch - we have over possession time and time again, and more often than not cough up a penalty on the defending of that attack.

The only time we didn't was to May when he was, on viewing the TV replays after getting back from the game, fairly competed.
We showed little to no threat in attack though, all we would have done is made a mistake and given them possession with even more territory than if we'd have kicked it, personally I think we played the conditions pretty well