Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ellis9
Super User
Super User

Re: Premiership v Gloucester!

Post by ellis9 »

Roly wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:19 am
JP14 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:14 am The fans on Facebook are right, the whole board should be held accountable, including Kay, for this mess and I know the fans shouldn’t be unfaithful but currently Tigers are a waste of precious supporter’s money at the moment.
Well if Social Media is anything to go by, there wont be many season tickets sold for next year. Fans should forget this whole 'support through thick and thin' rubbish and vote with their feet for the rest of the year.

See it more as a protest than cessation of support.

Empty terraces/stands look bad on TV and they look bad in the ledger - change has to come and it may have to be forced.
Strange. Most of the social media comments I have seen have been that they will be renewing next season.

The Try Line club will presumably have a seat spare for the remainder of the season then?
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

ellis9 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:25 pm
JP14 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:14 am The fans on Facebook are right, the whole board should be held accountable, including Kay, for this mess and I know the fans shouldn’t be unfaithful but currently Tigers are a waste of precious supporter’s money at the moment.
Well if Social Media is anything to go by, there wont be many season tickets sold for next year. Fans should forget this whole 'support through thick and thin' rubbish and vote with their feet for the rest of the year.

Empty terraces/stands look bad on TV and they look bad in the ledger - change has to come and it may have to be forced.
Strange. Most of the social media comments I have seen have been that they will be renewing next season.

The Try Line club will presumably have a seat spare for the remainder of the season then?
Well, i'll tell you what then. Lets revisit this discussion when it can be determined how many season tickets were sold for next season when compared to this season.

Also, do you have any predictions for the rest of the season, because my local turf accountant looks like he could do with a long haul holiday.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Roly wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:12 am

Well, i'll tell you what then. Lets revisit this discussion when it can be determined how many season tickets were sold for next season when compared to this season.

Also, do you have any predictions for the rest of the season, because my local turf accountant looks like he could do with a long haul holiday.
Well you know Roly "real fans" aren't bound by reality :smt003
I'm not cynical just experienced
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Roly wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:12 am

Ok. No problem.

Prediction: We will finish in the top 6.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

For most fans, especially those with season tickets, it's about a good day out, and not wholly dependant on Tigers winning.

I doubt there will be many fewer season tickets sold for next season. After a couple more seasons of underachieving? Maybe.