Premiership v Gloucester!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Up next....Premiership v Gloucester!

Post by Stephen18 »

The team id like to see
Bateman
Nau
Cilliers
Wells
Barrow (kitchener if not fit)
Hamilton
O conner
Kalamafoni
Harrison
Toomua
Holmes
Owen
Tuilagi
Thompstone
Tait

Gigena (genge if fit)
Young
mulipola(more of an impact of the bench then cilliers)
Kitchener (williams if barrow’s not fit)
mapapalangi (evans is close but looking for more impact)
Simmons
Ford
Worth (veainu if fit)

Id like us to have more impact from the bench as we seem to grind to a holt once we make changes.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

LE18 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:41 pm
JP14 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:43 am
BFG wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:31 am

I don't quite know how you can have an issue with Joe Ford and state that Fred T did alright yesterday!
I think maybe you are getting mixed up JP!
If the ball wasn't quite so :censored: from useless gain line forwards then maybe Joe Ford could do a bit better what he was brought in for which is to give slightly quicker ball to Toomua to make the big decisions, instead of having to kick it away so much that is!
I didn't watch the game yesterday, but from what I heard, Fred was prominent in the buildup in the 1st or 2nd try, I know the members on this forum don't like Fred Jr because he was in the academy instead of those from Oakham or Market Harborough, I can see the potential in him he just needs to carry at a lower height and carry with a bit more thrust (but that's a confidence thing which will grow with time)
I dont know if this is a snide remark about me because I can help with Oakham school information, but just to be clear I don't think I have ever posted about Freddie Junior, my grandson plays 12, and my friends son Cameron plays at 4, so what are you on about? :smt017 Incidentally the commentators made disparaging comments about Fred's fitness levels, saying he was almost done by half time.
It wasn’t directed at anyone, I made a rash sweeping statement because I was annoyed and I sincerely apologise.

Henceforth, I will take a little break from the forum before I dig a deeper hole
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

wormus wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:21 pm
Rugbyflanker wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:17 pm Guaranteed loss if J.Ford starts at 10
Our local Ford garage is offering £1000 minimum scrappage allowance.
Can we trade this one in please..... :smt039
So it looks like Glous. Owen - Formula 1 Williams v Tigers Joe - Model T Ford! :smt010
:smt023 Strawclearer.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

JP14 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:47 am
LE18 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:41 pm
JP14 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:43 am
I didn't watch the game yesterday, but from what I heard, Fred was prominent in the buildup in the 1st or 2nd try, I know the members on this forum don't like Fred Jr because he was in the academy instead of those from Oakham or Market Harborough, I can see the potential in him he just needs to carry at a lower height and carry with a bit more thrust (but that's a confidence thing which will grow with time)
I dont know if this is a snide remark about me because I can help with Oakham school information, but just to be clear I don't think I have ever posted about Freddie Junior, my grandson plays 12, and my friends son Cameron plays at 4, so what are you on about? :smt017 Incidentally the commentators made disparaging comments about Fred's fitness levels, saying he was almost done by half time.
It wasn’t directed at anyone, I made a rash sweeping statement because I was annoyed and I sincerely apologise.

Henceforth, I will take a little break from the forum before I dig a deeper hole
To be fair, there are semi-regular comments on this forum about Tuilagi/Thacker etc only getting into Tigers because of their families at the expense of "better players". I would probably have a bias towards kids with the surname Tuilagi if I was picking youngsters for the academy because, statistically speaking, they have a much better chance of being good at rugby than pretty much anyone else in the world.

Taking a chance on a kid called Tuilagi even though he is still very raw is hardly the craziest thing ever. Manu wasn't exactly a well rounded player when he broke into the team, and arguably still isn't, but I doubt many would be happy if he had been rejected from the academy and ended up at Saints.
SirGordonRamsey

Post by SirGordonRamsey »

What do we think about:

9, Harrison
10, Toomua
11,Brady
12, Gareth Owen
13, Manu
14, Malouf
15, Tait or if fit Vieanu

??

Joe Ford doesn’t make the grade imo
Egg Chasers Rugby Podcast: 'Tigers Jeresy, its like getting into an E Type Jag'
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

SirGordonRamsey wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:29 pm What do we think about:

9, Harrison
10, Toomua
11,Brady
12, Gareth Owen
13, Manu
14, Malouf
15, Tait or if fit Vieanu

??

Joe Ford doesn’t make the grade imo
Bradys defence has looked suspect in the anglo welsh and holmes has offer alot of power and good lines plus his scoring record has earn him a place.
As for malouf for all his good hes still learning and gets cought out, id rather have thompstone hes more reliable and has been one of our best players for the last 2 seasons and id love to see him with a quality backline inside him.
But other than those 2 thats the back line id choose.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Stephen18 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:56 pm Bradys defence has looked suspect in the anglo welsh and holmes has offer alot of power and good lines plus his scoring record has earn him a place.
As for malouf for all his good hes still learning and gets cought out, id rather have thompstone hes more reliable and has been one of our best players for the last 2 seasons and id love to see him with a quality backline inside him.
Thompstone hasn't played nearly as well as Malouf this season
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:02 pm [quote=Stephen18 post_id=684364 time=<a href="tel:1517928970">1517928970</a> user_id=12229]
Bradys defence has looked suspect in the anglo welsh and holmes has offer alot of power and good lines plus his scoring record has earn him a place.
Thompstone hasn't played nearly as well as Malouf this season
[/quote]

True malouf did have a great start to the season but seemed to plato a bit as people worked him out and thompstone doesnt make the mistakes malouf does with defensive positioning and under the high ball and has had no where near the game time malouf has had, and with manu who flying defence and cause problems you need someone who can read the game better.
Last edited by Stephen18 on Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

MO'C in the Merc:

“Telusa, Manu and Gareth are all training so that is really positive and they should feature at this stage. That gives us options in the back-line. Most of the forwards have come through really well, too. One of those is lock forward Dom Barrow who is also close to a return following a neck problem that has held him back since the end of last year. He is training and will probably feature in the next week or two. The three locks we have, Mike Fitzpatrick, Harry Wells and Graham Kitchener, have done a really good job for us and to have Dom back in the mix in the next couple of weeks will give us a huge boost.”
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

strawclearer wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:07 pm MO'C in the Merc:

“Telusa, Manu and Gareth are all training so that is really positive and they should feature at this stage. That gives us options in the back-line. Most of the forwards have come through really well, too. One of those is lock forward Dom Barrow who is also close to a return following a neck problem that has held him back since the end of last year. He is training and will probably feature in the next week or two. The three locks we have, Mike Fitzpatrick, Harry Wells and Graham Kitchener, have done a really good job for us and to have Dom back in the mix in the next couple of weeks will give us a huge boost.”
What does he mean Manu is training? That gives the impression he was injured again, is that correct?!

Hope to see Telusa start, we've missed him.
Soggypitch
philw
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by philw »

Manu pulled out of the Racing game injured.
Listening to the pouring rain
Waiting for the world to change
Beginning to wonder if we'll wait in vain
For one fine day
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Mike Fitzpatrick,who's he? Lol
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

For the record quite early on in the game against Wasps Fred T was holding his hand to his stomach, I don't know whether it was tummy problem or a hand injury but from a good early start it clearly affected his play. The week before he played the whole match and played well.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Soggypitch wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:37 pm

What does he mean Manu is training? That gives the impression he was injured again, is that correct?!

Hope to see Telusa start, we've missed him.
Manu had a "tight calf" for the Racing 92 game and was therefore not risked in that game. I can only assume that any issues he has had stem from that.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Great news do you start Manu and Telusa though?
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni