Premiership v Gloucester!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Up next....Premiership v Gloucester!

Post by Spicer »

RagingBull wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:20 pm
Spicer wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:37 pm Fairly predictable overall. How is Fitz starting ahead of wells? What does Holmes have to do? If Traynor is ahead of Rizzo then what was the point of bringing him back off loan?
Holmes could do with improving his defence for a start really.
Well rizzo is back because what would we do if a LH gets injured in the warm up?
So could Malouf. Yet one plays all the time and the other has played 1 premiership match I believe.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

I would have put Holmes on the bench personally
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Spicer wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:39 pm
Spicer wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:37 pm Fairly predictable overall. How is Fitz starting ahead of wells? What does Holmes have to do? If Traynor is ahead of Rizzo then what was the point of bringing him back off loan?
Well rizzo is back because what would we do if a LH gets injured in the warm up?
So could Malouf. Yet one plays all the time and the other has played 1 premiership match I believe.
Malouf is a much better tackler.
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

Have my tickets for the Shed, it's my 40th in a week Sunday, it will be cold, my mate coming is a Glaws fan and we are on a very poor run with not a great deal of confidence...can't wait!!
We could spring a surprise here. We have had time off to build towards this...bring on the banter!
There is never any points for 2nd place...
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

RagingBull wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:49 pm [quote=Spicer post_id=684519 time=<a href="tel:1518187194">1518187194</a> user_id=10788]
[quote=RagingBull post_id=684510 time=<a href="tel:1518182427">1518182427</a> user_id=10459]
[quote=Spicer post_id=684507 time=<a href="tel:1518179847">1518179847</a> user_id=10788]
Fairly predictable overall. How is Fitz starting ahead of wells? What does Holmes have to do? If Traynor is ahead of Rizzo then what was the point of bringing him back off loan?
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Hes is a big tackler but is out of position lot and with manu inside him could cause problems, as for holmes i dont really know what his defence is like as hes only played 1 game with our starting team rather than acadamy player inside him, so for me they're both similar for a starting place would be nce to give holmes a chance, but obviously moc prefers his countryman. The real issue is how are williams and Fitzgerald starting over players howing better form in wells and hamilton, infact id prefer either evans and mapapalangi over williams, and the lost of impact in front row with the subs how is traynor in over rizzo or gigna, hoping the rest of the pack make up for it to stop us going backwards.
MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MikeR »

Can't believe Ford starts at 10 after his dreadful displays of late . A great opportunity missed to play Toomua at 10 and Owen at 12 .
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Maybe under Tooma's guidance Joe will do well? If the Tigers game does struggle at 10 then a tactical substitution with Tooma at 10 can always be made.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:57 pm Have my tickets for the Shed, it's my 40th in a week Sunday, it will be cold, my mate coming is a Glaws fan and we are on a very poor run with not a great deal of confidence...can't wait!!
We could spring a surprise here. We have had time off to build towards this...bring on the banter!
God bless ya .Many happy returns. May need a thick skin or plenty of J.Daniels.
I believe we are in for an overdue pay back. There again which Tigers are going to turn up.
:smt030
MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MikeR »

Can't believe Ford starts at 10 after his dreadful displays of late . A great opportunity missed to play Toomua at 10 and Owen at 12 .
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Fairly predictable selection which possibly points to it being the right one.
I would've been tempted to make some changes but it's easier said than done and it would've still been a big ask at this stage.
It's must win, they got here so they can get out of it!
I'm looking forward to seeing them match up and what Leicester can bring with that knock out rugby mentality!
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

MikeR wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:55 pm Can't believe Ford starts at 10 after his dreadful displays of late . A great opportunity missed to play Toomua at 10 and Owen at 12 .
I'm guessing that Toomua is at 12 so that he can both help Ford and also look after Manu and Malouf in defence - ie the role Anthony Allen used to play. At 10, he would have been too far away.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Whilst we are in the hole we are in, we should have our best players on the pitch & fit the 15/23 around that.
Its almost as if the Coaching Team don't know what's going on or have no clue...
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

RagingBull wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:49 pm
Spicer wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:39 pm

Better and the breakdown too perhaps? It's fairly apparent that MOC wanted changes out wide considering two of "his" signings have played the majority of the season at 11/14 (although Malouf maybe mainly through circumstance when Tombstone was injured).
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

strawclearer wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:42 pm
MikeR wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:55 pm Can't believe Ford starts at 10 after his dreadful displays of late . A great opportunity missed to play Toomua at 10 and Owen at 12 .
I'm guessing that Toomua is at 12 so that he can both help Ford and also look after Manu and Malouf in defence - ie the role Anthony Allen used to play. At 10, he would have been too far away.
Exactly! +1 :smt023
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Joe Ford actually played pretty well in his last outing and if he is not there to kick the goals who else will take them. Hamilton has been with Scotland for the major part of the training week, I expected to see Mapapalagi on the bench but I am happy to see Luke in the squad. For those that do not seem to understand Dom Barrow has been injured for some time, he has been back in training for a while but only recently has been involved in contact training. He is not far from being available but Gloucester is a bit too soon.