Premiership v Gloucester!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

maroontrunks
Tiger Cub

Re: Up next....Premiership v Gloucester!

Post by maroontrunks »

strawclearer wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:07 pm MO'C in the Merc:

“Telusa, Manu and Gareth are all training so that is really positive and they should feature at this stage. That gives us options in the back-line. Most of the forwards have come through really well, too. One of those is lock forward Dom Barrow who is also close to a return following a neck problem that has held him back since the end of last year. He is training and will probably feature in the next week or two. The three locks we have, Mike Fitzpatrick, Harry Wells and Graham Kitchener, have done a really good job for us and to have Dom back in the mix in the next couple of weeks will give us a huge boost.”
Mike Fitzpatrick?!
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Well looking at the fixture list, the players away on international duty, the injury list and the blooding of academy players into First team. Adding the players who are not worthy of the jersey - ITS SHIP OR BUST at Kingsholm.

Sorry but The Cherry Whites have had their sorry storey for a couple of seasons and have been the whipping boys. I see a pay back and If we are not at the races mentally. defensively. If we cannot build a platform from set piece - I can see us being bullied and humiliated.

If we cannot get a "W" at Kingsholm where will we get a "W" this season. Worcester - I think not? :smt022 :smt022
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

wellstiger wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:43 am Well looking at the fixture list, the players away on international duty, the injury list and the blooding of academy players into First team. Adding the players who are not worthy of the jersey - ITS SHIP OR BUST at Kingsholm.

Sorry but The Cherry Whites have had their sorry storey for a couple of seasons and have been the whipping boys. I see a pay back and If we are not at the races mentally. defensively. If we cannot build a platform from set piece - I can see us being bullied and humiliated.

If we cannot get a "W" at Kingsholm where will we get a "W" this season. Worcester - I think not? :smt022 :smt022
Wins will be hard to come by if the Tigers continue to play in the same vein. The games have yet to be played so, with my glass half full may be the Tigers can get the results they so desperately need?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

NONAME wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:00 pm ...If so face up to reality, this season is a write off by Tigers standards but next season should be different and if it isn't then tha is the time for heads to roll.
Sure everything is fine, it's just yet another transtion year - you know Tigers have lots of those? Yes and it's free beer tommorrow bla bla :smt013 ..
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

wellstiger wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:43 am ITS SHIP OR BUST at Kingsholm.
Oh, Tigers will ship alright. Probably about 4 tries.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

No recognised bench FH,so why not start Toomua,Owen,Tuilagi?! Attaboy Matt!
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

Leicester Tigers (v Gloucester, away, Saturday 2.30pm)

15 Telusa Veainu

14 Nick Malouf

13 Manu Tuilagi

12 Matt Toomua

11 Adam Thompstone

10 Joe Ford

9 Sam Harrison

1 Greg Bateman

2 Tom Youngs (c)

3 Logovi’i Mulipola

4 Mike Fitzgerald

5 Graham Kitchener

6 Mike Williams

7 Brendon O’Connor

8 Sione Kalamafoni

Replacements

16 Tatafu Polota-Nau

17 Kyle Traynor

18 Pat Cilliers

19 Harry Wells

20 Luke Hamilton

21 Harry Simmons

22 Gareth Owen

23 Mathew Tait

Gloucester Rugby: 15 Jason Woodward, 14 Tom Marshall, 13 Henry Trinder, 12 Billy Twelvetrees, 11 Ollie Thorley, 10 Billy Burns, 9 Willi Heinz (c); 1 Josh Hohneck, 2 James Hanson, 3 John Afoa; 4 Tom Savage, 5 Mariano Galarza; 6 Jake Polledri, 7 Lewis Ludlow, 8 Ruan Ackermann
Replacements: 16 Motu Matu’u, 17 Cameron Orr, 18 Fraser Balmain, 19 Ed Slater, 20 Freddie Clarke, 21 Ben Vellacott, 22 Mark Atkinson, 23 Matt Scott
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

This and the next home match should seal MOC's fate. We have to take at least 6 points.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Weather doesn't look like being too good.
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

Fairly predictable overall. How is Fitz starting ahead of wells? What does Holmes have to do? If Traynor is ahead of Rizzo then what was the point of bringing him back off loan?
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

ourla wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:32 pm Weather doesn't look like being too good.
Lends itself to a forwards battle. We're screwed then :smt003
ghdav27

Post by ghdav27 »

Spicer wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:37 pm Fairly predictable overall. How is Fitz starting ahead of wells? What does Holmes have to do? If Traynor is ahead of Rizzo then what was the point of bringing him back off loan?
Also presumably Gigena is injured? Surely he wasn't signed as a back up to Traynor!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Spicer wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:37 pm Fairly predictable overall. How is Fitz starting ahead of wells? What does Holmes have to do? If Traynor is ahead of Rizzo then what was the point of bringing him back off loan?
Holmes could do with improving his defence for a start really.
Well rizzo is back because what would we do if a LH gets injured in the warm up?
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Some debatable selections but that is usual, for me a significant absentee in the squad is Barrow. I hope I am wrong but I wonder if we will ever see him in a tigers shirt again??
Hehehehehehehehe
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

On an early season form (or in Manu's case ancient history) you'd think our backs would be more than good enough as long as the forwards could get parity and provide enough of a platform.