Premiership v Gloucester!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: Up next....Premiership v Gloucester!

Post by JP14 »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:59 pm
Leicestertinytiger wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:59 pm Always said give J Ford a chance but at the end of the day he is a championship standard player. Really can’t expect anything more from him and the club should be ashamed of their recruitment.
Which DOR oversaw his recruitment and which coach wanted him in the first place?
He was signed before MOC came here yet he plays him a lot
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Was Malouf’s HIA permanent or did he come back on
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

JP14 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:46 am
Tiglon wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:37 am Sadly I missed the game, but from reports it sounds as though the difference between the teams was Mulipola's yellow card and the 10 points Glouc scored while he was off the pitch.

I'm curious why we looked better with Toomua at 10, even though we scored 2 tries with Ford there and zero after the change was made? I wonder if there are a few preconceptions clouding judgement?

If Tigers were woeful (other than BOC and Toomua) then why did Glouc, coached by the genius Ackermann, only win by 7 at home?
They’re are work in progress but unlike us are showing progress. Plus we defended reasonably well
I thought we missed something like 24 tackles in the first half alone?
MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MikeR »

I didn't see the game - how did Simmons do when he came on ?
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Tiglon wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:08 am
Yes we did but I was referring to the fact that we didn’t allow them to get the BP
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

JP14 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:41 am
Yes we did but I was referring to the fact that we didn’t allow them to get the BP
I would say with 24 missed tackles in one half, it was probably their inaccuracy that caused them to miss out on a TBP, not the quality of the Tigers defence, but as I say I didn't see it so maybe I'm wrong!
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

JP14 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:48 am
Hot_Charlie wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:59 pm
Leicestertinytiger wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:59 pm Always said give J Ford a chance but at the end of the day he is a championship standard player. Really can’t expect anything more from him and the club should be ashamed of their recruitment.
Which DOR oversaw his recruitment and which coach wanted him in the first place?
He was signed before MOC came here yet he plays him a lot
he actually doesn't more often than not George plays the full 80
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

From my vantage point on the halfway line in the Shed, this is what I saw.
Our attack stopped dead by their aggressive defence. We struggled to get past the gain line constantly.
Our number 6, Mike Williams is a big old unit and should be punching holes in a defence. Their number 6 was rampant, I apologise, I don't know his name, but there was a massive difference in Williams and his counterpart. He was smashing through tackles like a Rhino on speed.
Whenever they attacked, it looked planned and calm. There was no booting the pill into our half, even to the extent they were playing it out from their own 22 with measured calm and control.
Our scrum was under pressure big time and I think we were lucky that JP Doyle didn't ping us.
BOC was immense. What a player he is and we need another 14 of him!!
I don't think we ever looked like winning the game even when we were leading. There appeared an air of inevitability about us getting turned over.
It's no disgrace to lose at Glaws, but the saddest indictment about our predicament was some Cherry and white fan said to me "Feel sorry for you Tigers fans, you are us a few years ago".
When your getting sympathy from a Shedhead, something is wrong!!
There is never any points for 2nd place...
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:59 am From my vantage point on the halfway line in the Shed, this is what I saw.
Our attack stopped dead by their aggressive defence. We struggled to get past the gain line constantly.
Our number 6, Mike Williams is a big old unit and should be punching holes in a defence. Their number 6 was rampant, I apologise, I don't know his name, but there was a massive difference in Williams and his counterpart. He was smashing through tackles like a Rhino on speed.
Whenever they attacked, it looked planned and calm. There was no booting the pill into our half, even to the extent they were playing it out from their own 22 with measured calm and control.
Our scrum was under pressure big time and I think we were lucky that JP Doyle didn't ping us.
BOC was immense. What a player he is and we need another 14 of him!!
I don't think we ever looked like winning the game even when we were leading. There appeared an air of inevitability about us getting turned over.
It's no disgrace to lose at Glaws, but the saddest indictment about our predicament was some Cherry and white fan said to me "Feel sorry for you Tigers fans, you are us a few years ago".
When your getting sympathy from a Shedhead, something is wrong!!
I think you’re referring to Jake Polledri, Doc
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Tiglon wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:45 am
I would say with 24 missed tackles in one half, it was probably their inaccuracy that caused them to miss out on a TBP, not the quality of the Tigers defence, but as I say I didn't see it so maybe I'm wrong!
Neither did I, I’m just basing it off the report and the stats
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Tiglon wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:45 am
I thought the difference was the Gloucester players in the main just had that yard of extra pace off the mark which allowed them to run onto the ball a bit quicker and attack the gain line a bit more aggressively and just recycle the phases that bit better.
Obviously not all their players out pace ours, but the ability to just attack those gaps that little bit quicker multiplies the effect on the following phases in my opinion, it was strong running by Gloucester.
That bit of extra gas also affected their defensive line, they were up quickly, it looked aggressive and Leicester struggled to get momentum.
ghdav27

Post by ghdav27 »

MikeR wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:36 am I didn't see the game - how did Simmons do when he came on ?
Simmons looked good again
Johnny

Re: Premiership v Gloucester!

Post by Johnny »

Shame about the booing of our penalty kick at halftime tho!
Can’t remember that happening at Welford
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

JP14 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:55 am Was Malouf’s HIA permanent or did he come back on
Permanent. Might mean he's out for a while
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

Spicer wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:48 am
JP14 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:55 am Was Malouf’s HIA permanent or did he come back on
Permanent. Might mean he's out for a while
Its a shame when any plays out but hopefully now holmes can get a bit of a run of games to see what he can do at premiership leave. Although i do worry for any winger who has to defend outside manu when he shoots up and misses his man.