Roly
Super User
Super User

Re: Attendance for next weekend v Racing

Post by Roly »

WiggoTiger wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:16 pm
G.K wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:13 pm
ghdav27 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:09 pm

I was thinking that this time last year!
And the year before....
And even the year before?
But Tigers aren't in decline right?

Not according to some.

I can't remember the last time I felt confident about the team's prospects going into a season, and that hurts.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Latecomer

Post by Latecomer »

We're away next weekend and as I doubt my tickets would sell if I made them available to the club I have given them to a friend and his son with our apologies. Sunday 1pm kick off, on TV, nothing to play for, I think there'll be less than 18000 there even with the club giving away free tickets.

It will all make for a very interesting fans forum on 13th Feb!
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

We might get a few more through the turnstiles if we do the following:

Sack MOC
Field a strong side

We are at home. No matter that the result is meaningless in terms of the competition. It isn't meaningless in terms of pride, passion and confidence all of which we need to get back as quickly as possible.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
beech

Post by beech »

I cannot believe that so many suggest that we should risk serious injuries in a game with so little significance. Surely we must concentrate on forthcoming league matches - we'll all the squad fit for those.
tf22
ghdav27

Post by ghdav27 »

beech wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:44 pm I cannot believe that so many suggest that we should risk serious injuries in a game with so little significance. Surely we must concentrate on forthcoming league matches - we'll all the squad fit for those.
You might be right, however MOC might not have a job anymore if he puts an under strength side out that gets hammered.

I think it could be used as an opportunity to put is in a better position for the 6N, ie giving a different half back partnership time to play together, if we go with Harrison in combination with Joe Ford for the games during the 6N period we will probably loose them all!
NONAME
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by NONAME »

I thought the guys showed real courage against a much better side. They could have easily given up after that early score but they didn't. Okay some players looked way out of their depth, others looked rusty having just come back from injury but we had more of the ball and had a few chances, but their defence was just too good and our finishing was poor. If we had converted our 5M line outs would we be having this conversation? We were not helped by the failure to enforce some basic laws around the breakdown and the offside but WE NEVER GAVE UP. I think a few players have put their hands up and it will be interesting to see if MOC will play them or include them in the squad against Racing.

Although we were beaten I think our defeat to Worcester at HOME was far worse!