Like to have seen more of?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Roly
Super User
Super User

Re: Like to have seen more of?

Post by Roly »

JP14 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:58 pm For once I almost agree with you Roly, I'd rather have Manu playing for us but I'm not sure yet his ship has sailed in terms of his England career
Yes, he may yet still play for England - but EJ has already given him the gypsy's - return to form or.... I would suggest his window of opportunity is closing pretty fast.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

Roly wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:55 am
JP14 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:52 pm
strawclearer wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:21 pm

You're likely to get your wish over the next few weeks...

"Manu Tuilagi will miss out on selection for the Six Nations after England head coach Eddie Jones told the injury-plagued centre to concentrate on recapturing his very best form at Leicester Tigers." Daily Torygraph
Finally EJ is leaving him alone
Because he knows deep down that Tuilagi's ship has sailed. And if it hasn't sailed already, and Tuilagi doesn't find form at the club (unlikely since he's going to be lucky to get the ball the way the forwards are playing), then the incumbents are going to keep him out of the England squad full stop.

Personally, I'd rather have a fit Manu playing for the club.

England have done fine without him.
I agree that he won't find form at the club in the current climate.

However, I do think he'll be the next name to test the overseas rule.. That's not me saying I claim to know something, just that I think the French league and climate will suit him far better at this stage.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

TTRITH wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:37 am
Roly wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:55 am
JP14 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:52 pm

Finally EJ is leaving him alone
Because he knows deep down that Tuilagi's ship has sailed. And if it hasn't sailed already, and Tuilagi doesn't find form at the club (unlikely since he's going to be lucky to get the ball the way the forwards are playing), then the incumbents are going to keep him out of the England squad full stop.

Personally, I'd rather have a fit Manu playing for the club.

England have done fine without him.
I agree that he won't find form at the club in the current climate.

However, I do think he'll be the next name to test the overseas rule.. That's not me saying I claim to know something, just that I think the French league and climate will suit him far better at this stage.
Oooooo....cryptic.....

I hear Toulon is nice.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.