Castres vs Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

G.K
Super User
Super User

Re: Castres vs Tigers

Post by G.K »

strawclearer wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:41 pm Watching the Scarlets take Bath to the cleaners, I think I've spotted something which may help us.......

Apparently.....[looks around furtively in case the opposition are listening].....apparently, it's a team game!
No, no, no that simply won't work with the current Tigers Players and Coaches, they've adopted the latest advanced coaching techniques - lateral and hoof it is the way to go!
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:21 pm Love the selection for this match. The fringe players get a proper pasting away from home and we’ll get to see what they’re made of. Some will rise the challenge, others won’t, but it will be a humiliating experience for them all.
There - fixed that for you :smt002
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
NONAME
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by NONAME »

Interesting fixture with both sides putting out their second string teams. Should be a good game for the neutrals to watch but we must not concede points early on, or I fear the worst. I would have liked to see Hardwick at 10. I think JF would struggle to get into any other Premiership squad at the moment, maybe Tigers will make him a good player eventually. Bateman as captain, a good choice he will give 100%.
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

What will be very interesting is to see how one of the "Anti Tigers!" Referees performs as Matt Carley is to officiate the Racing92 v Munster game. Let us see how many yellow cards are pulled. :smt019
The teams:

Racing 92: 15 Louis Dupichot, 14 Teddy Thomas, 13 Virimi Vakatawa, 12 Henry Chavancy, 11 Marc Andreu, 10 Rémi Tales, 9 Maxime Machenaud, 8 Leone Nakarawa, 7 Wenceslas Lauret, 6 Yannick Nyanga, 5 Edwin Maka, 4 Donnacha Ryan, 3 Ben Tameifuna, 2 Camille Chat, 1 Eddy Ben Arous
Replacements: 16 Dimitri Szarzewski, 17 Vasil Kakovin, 18 Cedate Gomes Sa, 19 Baptiste Chouzenoux, 20 Boris Palu, 21 Xavier Chauveau, 22 Benjamin Dambielle, 23 Joe Rokocoko

Munster: 15 Simon Zebo, 14 Andrew Conway, 13 Chris Farrell, 12 Rory Scannell, 11 Keith Earls, 10 Ian Keatley, 9 Conor Murray, 8 CJ Stander, 7 Chris Cloete, 6 Peter O’Mahony (c), 5 Billy Holland, 4 Jean Kleyn, 3 Stephen Archer, 2 Rhys Marshall, 1 Dave Kilcoyne
Replacements: 16 Kevin O’Byrne, 17 James Cronin, 18 John Ryan, 19 Darren O’Shea, 20 Jack O’Donoghue, 21 Duncan Williams, 22 JJ Hanrahan, 23 Alex Wootton

Date: Sunday January 14
Venue: U Arena
Kick-off: 16:15 GMT
Referee: Matthew Carley (England)
Assistant referees: Christophe Ridley (England), Roy Maybank (England)
Television match official: Rowan Kitt (England)
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Is our team selection fair to other clubs? If we don't compete for points, will the other 2 teams in our league have an unfair advantage in qualifying over others, ie best runner up? Saints and Quins played in the true spirit of the comp, are we wrong to have chucked in towel? :smt017
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

We have selected the players in the European squad so can play any 23 of them in the match day squad.

Is it fair to play a "weakened" team during any week of any competition?
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

jgriffin wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:53 pm And perhaps Bateman will turn out to be the captain we have needed.......
Shame he now shares a position with Genge. Maybe we need to move him to eight. :smt003
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

LE18 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:02 pm Is our team selection fair to other clubs?
Yes. Apart from obviously all being in the European squad, all have featured for decent periods in first team 23s over the past year and a bit, bar perhaps Charlie Thacker.
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

LE18 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:02 pm Is our team selection fair to other clubs? If we don't compete for points, will the other 2 teams in our league have an unfair advantage in qualifying over others, ie best runner up? Saints and Quins played in the true spirit of the comp, are we wrong to have chucked in towel? :smt017
Saints did get investigated for similar a few years back, but the competition organisers cant tell a coach what their best team is so nothing came of it.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

The team seem to be in good spirits - they are staying in our hotel and we even were mistaken to be part of the squad by a blind Frenchman - I am in my 70's and my little fat friend is in his 60's. They are chilling at present with a multitude of i-phones and some have gone for a walk and have posed for photo's with the few fans in the hotel. My little fat friend stayed up last night and discussed line out options with Deacon who is about 2' taller than him and chased Matt Toomua up the stairs for a selfie which was given willingly in order to get rid of him - lol
Hehehehehehehehe
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:23 pm
jgriffin wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:53 pm And perhaps Bateman will turn out to be the captain we have needed.......
Shame he now shares a position with Genge. Maybe we need to move him to eight. :smt003
Genge was an 8.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

trendylfj wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:11 am The team seem to be in good spirits - they are staying in our hotel and we even were mistaken to be part of the squad by a blind Frenchman - I am in my 70's and my little fat friend is in his 60's. They are chilling at present with a multitude of i-phones and some have gone for a walk and have posed for photo's with the few fans in the hotel. My little fat friend stayed up last night and discussed line out options with Deacon who is about 2' taller than him and chased Matt Toomua up the stairs for a selfie which was given willingly in order to get rid of him - lol
And in that post you have incapusulated why Rugby is such a great game with players still approachable and not prima donnas. We may lose but that post has made me smile, that even though we are playing poorly and morale must be low, the players still have time for the fans.
There is never any points for 2nd place...
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:20 pm
trendylfj wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:11 am The team seem to be in good spirits - they are staying in our hotel and we even were mistaken to be part of the squad by a blind Frenchman - I am in my 70's and my little fat friend is in his 60's. They are chilling at present with a multitude of i-phones and some have gone for a walk and have posed for photo's with the few fans in the hotel. My little fat friend stayed up last night and discussed line out options with Deacon who is about 2' taller than him and chased Matt Toomua up the stairs for a selfie which was given willingly in order to get rid of him - lol
And in that post you have incapusulated why Rugby is such a great game with players still approachable and not prima donnas. We may lose but that post has made me smile, that even though we are playing poorly and morale must be low, the players still have time for the fans.
this will make you smile even further - just watched them practice the line out drills for 20 mins - where?????? in the back car park of the hotel - wifie said "what is all that shouting"???? - "just the players jumping" I replied. All quiet now
Hehehehehehehehe
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

trendylfj wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:30 pm
Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:20 pm
this will make you smile even further - just watched them practice the line out drills for 20 mins - where?????? in the back car park of the hotel - wifie said "what is all that shouting"???? - "just the players jumping" I replied. All quiet now
I have to ask, did they practice rolling mauls and did the line outs look slick and accurate?!
Your like a spy for the Forum, I saulute you!!
There is never any points for 2nd place...
davidabricot

Post by davidabricot »

Hi there!

I'm from Castres. I just come here to give you some news from France. The weather is bad (drizzle), cloudy, 7°C. Our team is not totally the classic one, but we have a very homogeneous squad. We can expect good speed from our first lines (but don't hope so with the weather...).

The manager said in newspaper that Tigers players was laughing during the game at Leicester (is it true???). So, the CO want to give you a "rugby lesson" and take the chance to become the second of the group.

Actually, Castres won 7 games in top14, before being stopped by Agen (not a good team). We won at Clermont and in Toulouse. Castres is a famous team this year and will be able to win the top14. Usually, the european cup is not an aim, but the manager say this year we will play it seriously (I can't say if it's true or just to discuss...).

In any case, I hope Leicester supporters will be welcomed in Castres, and I hope we'll see a very good game!!!