Castres vs Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

HantsTiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Castres vs Tigers

Post by HantsTiger »

WiggoTiger wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:16 pm Ben Kay says team for next Sunday different to todays. Why would it be? Surely you would try and win this one, not Sunday. If true Ben knows more than the club let on. He must be in communication with moc
He should be embarrassed being on the board of this shower! How can it be any different next week? We can't tackle or string together an attack regardless of the 15 we put out....
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

WiggoTiger wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:16 pm Ben Kay says team for next Sunday different to todays. Why would it be? Surely you would try and win this one, not Sunday. If true Ben knows more than the club let on. He must be in communication with moc

He's on the BOD who have prob said the home game needs to be won.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Someone's got to say it...

WE WERE LUCKY TO GET NIL
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
ghdav27

Post by ghdav27 »

Yeah the only purpose in putting a full side out next week would be to try and avoid further embarrassment and possibly prevent sackings.
rocktop51
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rocktop51 »

Gutless, inept, no direction. Regrettably after 25 years looking like season ticket cancellation. ☹️😭
Hambo :- He was with England when he was injured, but he was a Tigers player, our player. He is still our player.”
ghdav27

Post by ghdav27 »

Spicer wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:14 pm
RagingBull wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:10 pm The scrum where it was Bateman, TPN and Betts held firmly enough.
I may of missed that one as the bathroom beckoned. I think it was Rizzo, TPN and Betts who got pushed backwards. I'll hold my judgments off for now.
I don't think Thacker has such a negative effect on the scrum as people make out.
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

I reckon if one expedited a straw poll, that the Board, Coaches and half the squad would receive their P45

Sticking all the investment in the ground has backfired spectacularly
StevoLeics

Post by StevoLeics »

rocktop51 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:21 pm Gutless, inept, no direction. Regrettably after 25 years looking like season ticket cancellation. ☹️😭
Pretty Fickle
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

scrum1/2 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:43 pm This is embarrassing

Can’t tackle
Can’t catch
Can’t line out
Can’t scrum
Can’t attack
Can’t defend
Can’t make line breaks
Sadly this isn't an overreaction but is absolutely how it is. We've been an embarrassment in the HC this season.
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

What annoys me is that on paper our team wasn't that bad. It wasn't a AWcup team. It was our second picks, against there second picks. We had only 3 really young players starting (Evans, C. Thacker and Worth).

What happened to Harrison? He has gone off a cliff in the last two years. J. Ford make Ryan Lamb look like a brilliant fly half.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

POSTIGER wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:26 pm
scrum1/2 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:43 pm This is embarrassing

Can’t tackle
Can’t catch
Can’t line out
Can’t scrum
Can’t attack
Can’t defend
Can’t make line breaks
Sadly this isn't an overreaction but is absolutely how it is. We've been an embarrassment in the HC this season.
This season? Have ye forgotten aboot Glasgae?
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Spicer wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:28 pm What annoys me is that on paper our team wasn't that bad. It wasn't a AWcup team. It was our second picks, against there second picks. We had only 3 really young players starting (Evans, C. Thacker and Worth).

What happened to Harrison? He has gone off a cliff in the last two years. J. Ford make Ryan Lamb look like a brilliant fly half.
I think that is the biggest issue too many senior (24+) players who are not good enough covering the talent.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Well? I guess MOC got this one right, 10/10 on the humiliation front? Send an unfit team, way off the pace, devoid of any ideas, lack of basic handling skills, still thinking they can go around the corner rather than make holes up the middle first, give away easy turnovers, and so on and so on against a side who were themselves without several 1st team players. Roll on next weekend.......................as I'm off with my Irish mate to watch Wasps vs Ulster. At least I will have the satisfaction of being a neutral. No doubt I will get plenty of stick at the Ricoh after tonight's performance or lack of performance :smt010
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

doesn't say much for motivation for the players picked when the mad in charge basically told them all publicly that they were only playing because he's given up, we had to rest the England players from the Autumn tests but why the hell were the likes of Logo, Toomua, Manu & Kalamafoni not playing?
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:33 pm doesn't say much for motivation for the players picked when the mad in charge basically told them all publicly that they were only playing because he's given up, we had to rest the England players from the Autumn tests but why the hell were the likes of Logo, Toomua, Manu & Kalamafoni not playing?
About right. Players could see this game didn't matter so they played like it. Man management total fail.
I'm not cynical just experienced