Castres vs Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Post Reply
Happydays
New Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:22 am

Re: Castres vs Tigers

Post by Happydays » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:53 pm

Don’t feel sorry for us.... we are having a great holiday in France!

Noddy555
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2823
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:32 pm

Re: Castres vs Tigers

Post by Noddy555 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:00 pm

Can't understand why we are not fielding our best available side against Castres this weekend surely hasn't anyone told Matt O'Connor that we still have a mathematical chance of finishing second in the group if we can get maximum points and Munster thrash Racing,leaving 2nd place to be decided a week on Sunday, Ok it will depend on how other groups finish, but in at least two of the other groups 2nd place finishers can't achieve more than 16 points.

Surely it's best to remain positive but this selection looks as though he has given up the ghost on progression.

kpj tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1952
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:57 pm
Location: Stoney Stanton

Re: Castres vs Tigers

Post by kpj tiger » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:03 pm

Noddy555 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:00 pm
Can't understand why we are not fielding our best available side against Castres this weekend surely hasn't anyone told Matt O'Connor that we still have a mathematical chance of finishing second in the group if we can get maximum points and Munster thrash Racing,leaving 2nd place to be decided a week on Sunday, Ok it will depend on how other groups finish, but in at least two of the other groups 2nd place finishers can't achieve more than 16 points.

Surely it's best to remain positive but this selection looks as though he has given up the ghost on progression.
I think this has to do with being told his job hangs on where we finish in the Prem and not Europe

ourla
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2976
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:03 pm

Re: Castres vs Tigers

Post by ourla » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:04 pm

LE18 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:45 pm
ourla wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:42 pm
Surely those people who buy tickets for a round 5 or 6 match know it might be a dead rubber?
Not quite as dead as this!
Are we about to enter Monty Python territory here?
You're either in or you're out

ElvastonTiger
Tiger Cub
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:01 pm

Re: Castres vs Tigers

Post by ElvastonTiger » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:05 pm

Seconded.
ps: Tigers outnumbered Gloscaster fans 4-1 on this morning's Toulouse flight. Not bad for a dead rubber.

ourla
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2976
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:03 pm

Re: Castres vs Tigers

Post by ourla » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:07 pm

Did anyone go to the bookies (before the teams were announced) and ask the odds on us qualifying for the next round?

If anyone did, they would have fully understood why the team selection is what it is.
You're either in or you're out

LE18
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2349
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:13 am
Location: Great Glen

Re: Castres vs Tigers

Post by LE18 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:28 pm

ourla wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:04 pm
LE18 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:45 pm
ourla wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:42 pm
Surely those people who buy tickets for a round 5 or 6 match know it might be a dead rubber?
Not quite as dead as this!
Are we about to enter Monty Python territory here?
Just "resting" Ourla, before going off to chop some trees! :smt005 All sing now, oh i'm a lumberjack ......... PS could that be our new club song?

JP14
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3600
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am
Location: Neverland

Re: Castres vs Tigers

Post by JP14 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:31 pm

Bateman at captain well um interesting, great to see Thacker brothers, Worth, Evans, Wells given a shot as well as Makysmiw, Rizzo and Betts on the bench. Nice to see Ryan, Brady and Cilliers fit
"Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing, But In Rising Every Time We Fall" Confucius

wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1266
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:23 pm
Location: "The Home of the Game!"

Re: Castres vs Tigers

Post by wormus » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:00 pm

Ben Betts our bench prop is still NOT registered to play with the EPCR in the Tigers squad. :smt006
Todays listing - http://www.epcrugby.com/matchcentre/lei ... ?section=3

That aside well if the "rested" players are used in the two Anglo Welsh matches v Cardiff & Warps then they may be going for the trophy again. :smt002

Leicestertinytiger
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1220
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:22 pm

Re: Castres vs Tigers

Post by Leicestertinytiger » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:21 pm

Love the selection for this match. The fringe players get a proper grilling away from home and we’ll get to see what they’re made of. Some will rise the challenge, others won’t, but it will be great experience for them all.

Much needed game time for them also before the AWC. Hoping to see Wells and Evans put their hands up for starts in the premiership.

sam16111986
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3135
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:27 pm
Location: Shepshed

Re: Castres vs Tigers

Post by sam16111986 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:51 pm

Leicestertinytiger wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:21 pm
Love the selection for this match. The fringe players get a proper grilling away from home and we’ll get to see what they’re made of. Some will rise the challenge, others won’t, but it will be great experience for them all.

Much needed game time for them also before the AWC. Hoping to see Wells and Evans put their hands up for starts in the premiership.
I like that some of our academy graduates are finally getting a game. Hopefully they'll show u well again (like they against a much stronger Bath side).

Disappointed there's no Hardwick but I guess he isn't in the Euro squad and so isn't eligible. He really showed up well in the LV where as Joe Ford has failed to inspire so far.

strawclearer
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3519
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:13 am

Re: Castres vs Tigers

Post by strawclearer » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:41 pm

Watching the Scarlets take Bath to the cleaners, I think I've spotted something which may help us.......

Apparently.....[looks around furtively in case the opposition are listening].....apparently, it's a team game!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Help save the Oceans - #RefuseTheStraw!

Ian Cant
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 708
Joined: Sun May 08, 2005 10:51 am

Re: Castres vs Tigers

Post by Ian Cant » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:52 pm

Good selection in my mind.Good luck this team. Win or go close and those first teamers will, maybe, know they have to perform. Tigers’ players must earn the right to wear the shirt. Not going, but this reminds me of last years’ away games in the Anglo Welsh which my wife and I went to( I believe all trophies are worth winning).The team spirit in those games was far greater than seen in recent games. Do well Tigers, then play a similar team v Racing. A change is as good as a rest!! Come on Tigers.

Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 983
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:18 am
Location: Over the hill and far away

Re: Castres vs Tigers

Post by Grimlish » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:01 pm

strawclearer wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:41 pm
Watching the Scarlets take Bath to the cleaners, I think I've spotted something which may help us.......

Apparently.....[looks around furtively in case the opposition are listening].....apparently, it's a team game!
Exactly - Scarlets demonstrated the whole can be greater than the sum of the parts. No airs and graces, just hard work, speed of thought and action and some great running lines.

jgriffin
Super User
Super User
Posts: 6599
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:49 pm
Location: On the edge of oblivion

Re: Castres vs Tigers

Post by jgriffin » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:53 pm

And perhaps Bateman will turn out to be the captain we have needed.......
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests