Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ourla
Super User
Super User

Re: Two more wins this season?

Post by ourla »

Roly wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:48 am
ourla wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:32 am
Roly wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:48 am I've said again and again that the lack of winning (when they were!) bonus points was detrimental to the team's standing, only to be told that bonus points weren't important.
That isn't what you were told. You were told that winning games was the most important but that BP's were also important but no good if you are not winning most of the games.
Oooo, you'd have to provide a quote, because I'm afraid I don't believe you.
Can't be bothered Roly. You believe what you want to believe. It's kind of a moot point anyway. The problems that caused us not to get BP's are the same problems that caused the close losses against Worcester, Wasps, etc. We could have won both those matches without TBPs and we'd be in whole different place. Points, position and confidence wise.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

ourla wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:56 am
Roly wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:48 am
ourla wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:32 am
That isn't what you were told. You were told that winning games was the most important but that BP's were also important but no good if you are not winning most of the games.
Oooo, you'd have to provide a quote, because I'm afraid I don't believe you.
Can't be bothered Roly. You believe what you want to believe. It's kind of a moot point anyway. The problems that caused us not to get BP's are the same problems that caused the close losses against Worcester, Wasps, etc. We could have won both those matches without TBPs and we'd be in whole different place. Points, position and confidence wise.
Well, i'll know what I know - but you're right, it probably is moot (not least because the team has been in decline for a long time), but not entirely because for just the reasons you list.
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
tripeandonions
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by tripeandonions »

The plane that veered off the runway in Turkey at the weekend is similar to Leicester Tigers. It went off-course and down a steep bank, coming to rest halfway and at risk of plunging down into the waves below. The crew need to be careful because as passengers get out and scramble away, the things going to slide down with them still in it.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

chewbacca wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:03 pm
trendylfj wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:44 pm I can see we can achieve the following at best
Gloucester (A) 0 pts
Quins (H) 4 pts
Sarries (A) 0 pts
Warriers (A) 4 pts
Wasps (H) 4 pts
Bath (A) 1 pt
Saints (H) 4 pts
Falcons (H) 4 pts
Sharks (A) 1 pt

54 max - if we do that we will have done very well. Yes, people will look at this and have a different opinion but that number of points is unlikely to get us into the top 6. 14/5 7th =; 15/6 8th; 16/7 6th.
At the moment I would have doubts about Wasps, Falcons getting more than a point at best.
Based on current form with the inability of the forwards to control and carry ball to release our 'hollywood' backline into space, I do not see any away wins. LBP if lucky. The struggle to beat the L. Irish with a 1st XV is evidence enough?
Gloucester (A) 1 pts - Bullied up front by Slater and co.
Quins (H) 4 pts - may just scrape a win here?
Sarries (A) 0 pts - too much fire power even with out BV
Wuss (A) 1 pts - Good forwards and fast backline of Mills, Adams, Heem etc.
Wasps (H) 0 pts - Cips and Co will do the job
Bath (A) 0 pt - See Sarries above
Saints (H) 4 pts - May just scrap through this as it is a derby?
Falcons (H) 1 pts - Deano and Wells will bring their 'Leinster game plan' and take the points
Sharks (A) 0 pt - See Glaws above
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

I think it's nigh on impossible to predict our Prem results right now. It's hard to get an understanding if things have really gone tits up with the coaching/personnel or it's just a bit of confidence and form. And our next game is nearly 4 weeks away.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

ourla wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:52 pm I think it's nigh on impossible to predict our Prem results right now.
To be fair, Tigercam has had a pretty realistic go at it....
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Roly wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:56 pm
ourla wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:52 pm I think it's nigh on impossible to predict our Prem results right now.
Did he predict we would lose the first two, win the next six, then lose to Worcester? No, I thought not.

Let's see how he does with these predictions....

Not that I wish to spoil anyone's fun. Please knock yourself out. I just haven't got a clue how will be perform at Goucester or beyond. And in reality I don't anyone else as either.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Taking into account the seasons form so far and the 6N period I think four wins are possible, with possibly two TBP and two LBP, is that a seasons total of 52 points!
On that basis it probably won't be enough to finish in the top 6 as Falcons already have 36 points and so would need 17 points to surpass our points total for 6th place in the league!
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

ourla wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:09 pm
Roly wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:56 pm
Did he predict we would lose the first two, win the next six, then lose to Worcester? No, I thought not.

Let's see how he does with these predictions....

Not that I wish to spoil anyone's fun. Please knock yourself out. I just haven't got a clue how will be perform at Goucester or beyond. And in reality I don't anyone else as either.
Based on form, you don't need to be particularly clairvoyant to predict the likely outcomes. He didn't predict the first nine games because Tigers weren't standing on the edge of the cliff then with every point potentially vital were they. The odds on his predictions have narrowed considerably I'd imagine. Unless there's a sea change at the club in terms of performances, then we can I think, be fairly sure of how things will pan out - and right now, with the international window about to open, and the shambolic performances shown by what's left, I haven't seen anything that would convince me otherwise.

Which is disappointing.
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

BFG wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:09 pm Taking into account the seasons form so far and the 6N period I think four wins are possible
You are Ellis9's alter-ego and I claim my winnings.