Over Reaction to Defeats

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ghdav27

Re: Over Reaction to Defeats

Post by ghdav27 »

JP14 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:23 pm My worry is that even if we recover MOC won’t use the up and coming talent like Wells and Evans
Agreed on that. I'd also like to know what Jonah Holmes has to do to get a game!.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

ghdav27 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:51 pm
JP14 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:23 pm My worry is that even if we recover MOC won’t use the up and coming talent like Wells and Evans
Agreed on that. I'd also like to know what Jonah Holmes has to do to get a game!.
That probably involves a baseball bat.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

It is not an over reaction to want Tigers to begin to learn lessons from defeats! It is frustrating when you see Tigers v Exeter at home and Quins away to know the players can perform to a high standard. What now makes us a mid table team is the inconsistency in performances and lack of ability to learn from basic mistakes! Wasps away should have been a kick up the backside- it was a game there to be won but Tigers lost in the same manner as last season’s semi. At away games this season I would like to say I could applaud great attacking play against us resulting in tries for the opposition- sadly many tries have been down to poor game management. We fans are passionate and usually knowledgeable so it isn’t surprising many of us are frustrated and anxious about the future of the club. MOC needs a quality coaching set up and at least 3 top quality forwards who can lead the others in working together and getting over the gain line so that our backs can show their true qualities. Strange how our awful run has coincided with Genge and Bateman’s absence. Europe is over. No ifs so use it to rest the England lads and get the players who will play during the internationals time to gel. If some get injured so what, do a Sarries and put faith in the Academy lads.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

ourla wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:44 pm I think there sometimes is an overreaction but sometimes it is justified.

And as the last fella some of it is about performance and attitude rather than purely the result.
Yes. Losing is one thing. The manner of defeat is another.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Why cannot we sign a top class forwards coach, perhaps no one wants to work with MOC, after all GM is leaving, could it be for that reason? :smt017
Clowbeck
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Clowbeck »

ghdav27 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:51 pm Agreed on that. I'd also like to know what Jonah Holmes has to do to get a game!.
I do think Holmes is a poor mans May at pesent. By no means a negative :p

Holmes played as well as malouf in preseason and first couple games. Would very much like to see Holmes become Johnns stand in when on international duty.

Holmes has
played easily as well as malouf in terms of minutes played so beginning for some decent time against LI.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Jeez Bath! 5 points an absolute must now plus we have to win at Bath/HQ and Gloc to even have a sniff of 4th. Personally if Gloc get 5 points at Stains tomorrow with their excellent home record it could be all over already!
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

As I've said already - let's now focus on retaining the LV= Cup and next year on winning the Challenge Cup, oh and having a nice hotel for Directors and Players guests, we all just need to re-clalibrate that's all.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

NONAME wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:51 pm I take on board all your comments and I understand exactly where you are coming from but I say lets judge MoC next year when he has the squad he wants and as I have said despite what is being said by the club this is a transition season at all levels. Ideally I'd like to see the addition of at least 2 World Class players to our squad and the appointment of a top class forwards coach prior to next season. Additionally, I think we'll see more home grown talent coming through from our Academy which is now performing well. On a coaching level its good to see our younger coaches involved in the England Under 20 set up and finally we have a good financial base which suggests we will still be here for many years to come.

Of course I may be wrong, my positive attitude may not be rewarded and MoC might be behind JM in the dole queue and Tigers may be looking for yet another DOR whilst playing Championship rugby watching Bristol winning the Premiership whilst borrowing the odd £30 million!

Out of interest if we were able to sign 2 world class players who would you sign?
Courtney Lawes - world class compared to the current stock, would add a bite to our defence which has been sorely lacking.

As for the 2nd world class option - I'd happily take a 2nd premiership standard 10/12. Joe just is not good enough to replace a player of the quality of George, and we should not have to shuffle our back line whenever George is unavaliable. Would also put depth in that 12 position, of which has been a cursed position for too long.

On top of that I feel we need quality back up for Genge and Cole. Logo looks like he's over the injuries and Bateman has improved but neither would get that close to the starting XV at any of the other premiership clubs.

Will Spencer from Wuss sounds like a done deal. Losing Fitz and Kitch to replace them with Spencer and Lawes would make me a very happy supporter. Barrow, Wells and Maksymiw would add depth and we'd have a stock of locks that would be able to compete.

We will lose both Evans and BOC this summer as MOC fails to see the importance of a fetcher (our back row is as spineless as ever) and this is going to cause serious problems. Worryingly MOC has said all retension has been complete, which comes as a surprise as he has no knowledge of forwards coaching and this top class forwards coach looks no closer to being appointed.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Knew about Duane,is Carr an option? He will be pushed out at the Stormers from first place to cover although Wasps will be aware of this! Mostert could be going to Sale.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Carr will want to play for the Springboks so I'm not sure whether he will return to Wasps after SuperRugby
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Hes doesnt get in the SA team when DV is back does he?
Happydays

Post by Happydays »

The reality is that the loss to Bath on the first day of the season (which we should never have lost)and the loss to Worcester are now costing dear. People can get uptight about recent losses at Wasps and Exeter but these were results that could have been predicted. The losses to Bath and Worcester were not acceptable. The team is still not good enough but we need to look at the real disasters from a table position viewpoint.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

I'd see not getting 5 points today as a loss as well only team unable to get TBP against Irish.
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

After today we should be really worried and fully justified for being so. They defended well, but we were inept, passionless, slow, dysfunctional and quite frankly inexcusable.