Over Reaction to Defeats

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

G.K
Super User
Super User

Re: Over Reaction to Defeats

Post by G.K »

Over reaction when Tigers are 9th and out of Europe by half way (barring mathematical miracles) through the season? Are you MoC or one of the Board or just delusional?
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Noddy555 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:30 pm We have lost the last 4 games, but who were we playing?

1, Two games against arguably the best team in the Celtic league.
2, The |Aviva Champions of 2015/2016.
3. The current Aviva champions.

No the time to get worried is if we fail to get maximum points against the league's bottom club.
0. Last year's Premiership Runners-Up. In the last minute.

Reverse the disappointing Worcester result and everything looks a little bit better. So there's been a massive over-reaction, just as there has been to MOC not playing a recognised out and out number 7 (just as more than 50% of Premiership teams did last weekend).
NONAME
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by NONAME »

I agree it doesn't look good at the moment but we have been in similar situations in the past. My concern is that a lot of what is being said is not going to help a team low on confidence. Obviously everyone has the right to say what they think but I feel it doesn't help a team low on confidence to be told they are by implication just not good enough.

I don't think we have had what I consider our first choice team out yet this season. We have suffered through injuries to key players and with TY and DB both currently sidelined we look to have a lack of leadership. I hope Psycho Mike may show his full potential and prove to all the doubters what a great player he is. The return of Bateman to the squad is also very positive and Harry Wells is looking a player for the future so despite our poor league position, our European exit I am optimistic about the future. Despite what is being said this is a transitional season, we may still end up winning the premiership, remember finishing in the Top 4 is 2 wins away from being crowned champions.

Lets get behind our guys tomorrow, lets hear that Tigers roar!
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Transition excuse doesnt wash with me,every AP team is in constant transition (some more than others) every season,its the nature of the beast. Ackermann to Gloc,Bath losing Blackadder right hand man Tabai to personal reasons,Wuss changing DOR during the season,new players at clubs every season,etc. MOC has been at the club before amd knows players,por excuse imo MOC just isnt good enough,its quite simple.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:08 pm Transition excuse doesnt wash with me,every AP team is in constant transition (some more than others) every season,its the nature of the beast. Ackermann to Gloc,Bath losing Blackadder right hand man Tabai to personal reasons,Wuss changing DOR during the season,new players at clubs every season,etc. MOC has been at the club before amd knows players,por excuse imo MOC just isnt good enough,its quite simple.
The club and MOC agree. They have said on record there are no transitional seasons.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

And to add,if all other 11 AP clubs were looking for a DOR/HC preseason MOC wouldnt be on a single shortlist,not one! What does that tell you about the appointment? Ill leave it there,i dont want to be overpowering with my opinion bu these are dark times im afraid.
ghdav27

Post by ghdav27 »

I don't think there has been an overreaction at all. Tigers fans expect to beat anyone at home and at the very least being competitive with anyone away from home and at the moment this is far from the case. We are in a much poorer position than this time last year and MOC has had plenty of time to influence things. We've had plenty of injuries but so have other sides and we do have squad depth in most positions.
NONAME
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by NONAME »

I take on board all your comments and I understand exactly where you are coming from but I say lets judge MoC next year when he has the squad he wants and as I have said despite what is being said by the club this is a transition season at all levels. Ideally I'd like to see the addition of at least 2 World Class players to our squad and the appointment of a top class forwards coach prior to next season. Additionally, I think we'll see more home grown talent coming through from our Academy which is now performing well. On a coaching level its good to see our younger coaches involved in the England Under 20 set up and finally we have a good financial base which suggests we will still be here for many years to come.

Of course I may be wrong, my positive attitude may not be rewarded and MoC might be behind JM in the dole queue and Tigers may be looking for yet another DOR whilst playing Championship rugby watching Bristol winning the Premiership whilst borrowing the odd £30 million!

Out of interest if we were able to sign 2 world class players who would you sign?
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Franco Mostert and Duane Vermuelen
NONAME
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by NONAME »

Duane Vermeulen I believe has signed for the Stormers but still a good call.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Maro Itoje and Facundo Isa
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

ellis9 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:20 pm Maro Itoje and Facundo Isa
In your dreams
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

My worry is that even if we recover MOC won’t use the up and coming talent like Wells and Evans
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

JP14 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:22 pm
ellis9 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:20 pm Maro Itoje and Facundo Isa
In your dreams
That's exactly what the question was!

If you COULD sign 2 world class players who would you choose?
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

doesn’t matter what the question was it’s still unrealistic.

But I would love Nakarwa and Kepu