Healeys withering assessment of Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Healeys withering assessment of Tigers

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Dont bank on it Murphy! Most likely be Deacon if Murphy doesnt take him,ive no confidence in the board whatsoever!
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

MurphysLaw wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:33 pm
...I just hope that, given it is now some time since Blaze stepped down, that Tigers are digging deep to get the right personnel, and that an appointment(s) is imminent.
Well it's several months since Blaze jumped/was pushed. Taking them some time but I sure hope they come up with something better than the last time they went world wide head hunting. :smt009
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

This flying off the feet at the ruck is becoming quite a phenomenon recently. It is against the current laws and very dangerous. Interestingly Chiefs were doing it at Welford Road until we in the terrace kept pointing out to the ref who finally sin binned Salvi but only after he had injured one of our players first. Unsurprisingly that put and end to it immediately andwe started to get parity at the breakdown. We must continue to remind the referees that this is an illegal and dangerous act ... it is our duty.

However This is where I feel our captain or coaches are failing to do their job. They must know by watching videos that this is how certain teams play. So prior to the match the coach should ask the referee, does he allow this type of tactic and is he aware of the danger involved in it. On the field the first time it happens the captain should ask the referee is he aware what the are doing. If the ref says what they are doing is fine you then very loudly tell your players to copy the oppositions tactic as the ref is ok with it . You will very soon get a reaction from the ref. Probably penalising you to start with! But it won't happen much more after that.
Sadly I agree about Tom Youngs. Very nice man that I believe him to be and very much to be admired for what he has achieved he is no on field leader. But I not sure if we have one to be frank. So when they are recruiting big hard ball carrying lock fowards and back row forwards that I hope to hell the are recruiting I hope they look for one with leadership experience also.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I hate the fact that Ben Kay is a board member, love him as a pundit, great player and great analyst but when it comes to the Tigers he can’t say :censored which is annoying and what he does say is either what we already know or we don’t need to know
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni