Team for London Irish

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: Team for London Irish

Post by JP14 »

I saw Dickson referee, he seems decent. Obviously not allowed to ref the Quins yet :smt023
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

JP14 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:32 am 1. Rizzo
2. TPN
3. Cole
4. Wells
5. Williams
6. Hamilton
7. Evans
8. Mapapalangi
9. White
10. J Ford
11. May
12. Toomua
13. Smith
14. Malouf
15. Worth
16. Thacker
17. Bateman
18. Mulipola
19. Makysmiw
20. Kalamafoni
21. Harrison
22. Hardwick
23. Thompstone

I hope Rizzo is fit, I think MOC needs to play Williams at lock to give us some power in the engine room, Evans because he's a very good up and coming player, White over Harrison because the latter was shocking last time he started, Smith over Tuilagi because I want him rested for Europe, Worth should given a shot as does Makysmiw off the bench.
So you are looking to lose another one then?
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

LE18 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:17 am
JP14 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:32 am 1. Rizzo
2. TPN
3. Cole
4. Wells
5. Williams
6. Hamilton
7. Evans
8. Mapapalangi
9. White
10. J Ford
11. May
12. Toomua
13. Smith
14. Malouf
15. Worth
16. Thacker
17. Bateman
18. Mulipola
19. Makysmiw
20. Kalamafoni
21. Harrison
22. Hardwick
23. Thompstone

I hope Rizzo is fit, I think MOC needs to play Williams at lock to give us some power in the engine room, Evans because he's a very good up and coming player, White over Harrison because the latter was shocking last time he started, Smith over Tuilagi because I want him rested for Europe, Worth should given a shot as does Makysmiw off the bench.
So you are looking to lose another one then?
Why would we want to rest Manu for Europe. We are out. We need points to make the top 6 and qualify for next year
I'm not cynical just experienced
dunc
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by dunc »

Surely the last thing Manu needs now is a rest
MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MikeR »

Forget about Europe and England - strongest team available please . Simmons and Hardwick should be the bench 9/10 after the Harrison/Joe Ford debacle against Wuss .
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I just think it would be unnecessary to play Manu that’s all, plus we must go down fighting in Europe surely we can win both games coming up in Europe
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

JP14 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:20 pm . surely we can win both games coming up in Europe
Highly unlikely, in my opinion. Castres and Racing are 3rd and 4th in the Top14 respectively and either have an outside chance of qualifying as one of the best second placed teams. Tigers won't pick full strength teams and will probably get thrashed in Castres. Racing may fancy their chances at home to Munster, and if they win, will come to Leicester with the bit well between their teeth to get the win.

Anyway, I digress, and to this weekend's match at Welford Road that they simply mustn't lose. If by chance they do and then subsequently lose to Castres and Racing, O'Connor's position would cease to be tenable.
Semper in excretia
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Robespierre wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:35 pm
JP14 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:20 pm . surely we can win both games coming up in Europe
Highly unlikely, in my opinion. Castres and Racing are 3rd and 4th in the Top14 respectively and either have an outside chance of qualifying as one of the best second placed teams. Tigers won't pick full strength teams and will probably get thrashed in Castres. Racing may fancy their chances at home to Munster, and if they win, will come to Leicester with the bit well between their teeth to get the win.

Anyway, I digress, and to this weekend's match at Welford Road that they simply mustn't lose. If by chance they do and then subsequently lose to Castres and Racing, O'Connor's position would cease to be tenable.
😬😬 hadn’t seen the Top14 table, your right we probably don’t have a chance
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

dunc wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:11 pm Surely the last thing Manu needs now is a rest
Exactly! He needs game time - as do those who link with him - and we need 5 points. First name on the team sheet and I expect MO'C's 1st XV (whatever that is!)

Manu came off shaking his head at Chiefs - I hope that was frustration/disappointment/indigestion and not an injury 'niggle'.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

OTY out apparently - not a serious injury, guessing a hamstring twinge - with BO'C and Ryan back in the mix.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

No we mustnt go down fighting in Europe we are out! I blame the Mercury et al clinging onto the mathematical hope,we are gone! Use the AWC and Europe to bed some combinations in for when the England players are gone.
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

strawclearer wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:16 pm OTY out apparently - not a serious injury, guessing a hamstring twinge - with BO'C and Ryan back in the mix.
Here is more in the Mercury - http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport ... nd-1006225
However would it be possible to import and sign up Manu's Witch Doctor to sort out Dom Barrow's back and other team ailments like dropsyball?
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

Irish have signed a couple of Springboks.
Arno Botha and Piet van Zyl: South Africans join London Irish from Blue Bulls, Back row and scrum half respectively.
Available immediately.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/42566199
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

I'd like to see Manu at 12 once he is up to full speed.
Leicester need to narrow it up a bit in midfield in my opinion and have an inside/outside threat and get some momentum.
Teams have worked out Leicester's width and are defending so.
Toomua at 10 for 6N, Owen at 13 if available, bring Worth through, Tait is flexible, and create a bit more depth with some rotation.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Would love Wells and Evans to start this game with maybe Hardwick and Worth on the bench.

Mulipola
TPN
Cole
Wells
Kitchener
Hamilton
Evans
Kalamafoni
Harrison
Ford
May
Toomua
Manu
Holmes
Tait

Rizzo, Thacker, Bateman, Williams, Mapalangi, Youngs, Hardwick, Worth

Have a sad feeling though that we won’t see Evans or Wells start. Ryan will probably start at 6.