Team for London Irish

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: Team for London Irish

Post by JP14 »

The ref was shocking, no way was that last penalty a penalty and he robbed us of TBP, also while one throw by Tatafu wasn’t straight the other was and also London Irish were again all over the floor on the breakdown
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

NONAME wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:57 pm Talking to a top coach after the game he was astounded that we were losing ground by constantly throwing the ball around in the backs instead of pick and go up the middle making a few yards at a time, pulling the defence in and then moving the ball to the backs. Those at the Wasp game saw exactly that for 20 minutes which resulted in a great Tigers try. Bad call by the half backs to throw it around all the time?
Can you email that to Tigers, I don’t think they know that to be honest
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

I cannot understand WHY Wells was not on for a tired Fitz and why it took so long to bring Harrison on to replace a stale Ben Youngs. There were 15 players on that pitch and each had a separate game plan!
Tait should have come on as full back earlier and moved May to the wing v Lewington.
No training moves from the 5 metre throw in, catch, drive & lose the ball near the line.
I felt the Referee was quite good but should have reviewed their high tackles and persistent time wasting but he is still learning the task and I wish more ex players took up the whistle.
Forgive me if I am wrong but listening to Radio Leicester driving home on the "obituary" they interviewed Matt O'Connor and when asked if he was concerned about the press, the fans feelings, social media etc he responded by stating " he takes no notice of the external environment!" I suppose this includes the Board.
If so we would be better off with Des O'Connor he could humour the fans and be a rave from the grave.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Personal criticism I can understand why MOC isn’t listening to it but criticism of Tigers gameplan, strategy and leadership he should listen to, especially from the pundits, otherwise he won’t learn anything until Wasps smash us at home
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Good news tho, Rizzo is fit so I expect him to feature next week against Castres
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

wormus wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:31 am Forgive me if I am wrong but listening to Radio Leicester driving home on the "obituary" they interviewed Matt O'Connor and when asked if he was concerned about the press, the fans feelings, social media etc he responded by stating " he takes no notice of the external environment!" I suppose this includes the Board.
If so we would be better off with Des O'Connor he could humour the fans and be a rave from the grave.
I too listened to him and he came across as arrogant, delusional, out of his depth and unwilling to learn or try anything different. In which case the Director of Rugby Operations Mr Glynn needs to have a few words with him - unless, of course, he's burying his head in the sand and thinking that things will come right and we'll sneak into the play offs as we always have.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

For me this shows why MOC needs to go, the tactics are all wrong. The forwards pod needs to be much more narrow around the rucks to draw in the defenders and stop a rush defence as presently there is no space on the pitch.

Also there needs to be more wrap around from the blindside winger on the inside shoulder of Ford to try and keep the defence guessing. BOC looked good for this but there also needs to be more support lines. Something Holmes would also help address.
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

JP14 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:30 am The ref was shocking, no way was that last penalty a penalty and he robbed us of TBP, also while one throw by Tatafu wasn’t straight the other was and also London Irish were again all over the floor on the breakdown
The ref was at least the third best player we had on the pitch!!! :smt013

Im all for blaming a ref when its justified, but those of us AT the game who saw the whole game and not just the cut outakes which even I will admit made us look okay.

The ref was fine yesterday. We we're awful.
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

JP14 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:38 am Good news tho, Rizzo is fit so I expect him to feature next week against Castresu
Yes for those at the match will have witnessed an orchestrated "Rizzo warmup!" In front of the Crumbie stand prior to the kickoff, so he returned from Edinburgh fit and well having just played to fill an urgent prop shortage and only now is fit to start when the crisis is over : :smt017
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

AngusMcCoatup wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:00 pm
JP14 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:38 am Good news tho, Rizzo is fit so I expect him to feature next week against Castresu
Yes for those at the match will have witnessed an orchestrated "Rizzo warmup!" In front of the Crumbie stand prior to the kickoff, so he returned from Edinburgh fit and well having just played to fill an urgent prop shortage and only now is fit to start when the crisis is over : :smt017
Misinformation. Probably achieves nothing useful and gives the impression that you care little about your supporters.
I'm not cynical just experienced
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Mike Williams 6 runs for 0 metres,4 tackles 1 missed,why is he playing?
NONAME
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by NONAME »

Don't know how true this is but Stuart Lancaster seen in Leicester earlier today?
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Lancaster would be stupid to leave Leinster for us!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I said last year and I will say it again this time, if that man becomes our DOR who nearly ruined English rugby I will cancel my season ticket with immediate effect. I don’t care how well Leinster are doing, that’s all Leo Cullen, Lancaster plays a minor role
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Lancaster is a good coach, he just lost the plot at the World Cup.