Cohen, Glynn, to be sacked?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Cohen, Glynn, MOC to be sacked?

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Don’t understand why people are pointing the finger at Cohen and Glynn. They have nothing to do with how the side played yesterday. I personally think the recruitment this season has been good and we’re always constrained by the salary cap which some people seem to forget.

On the flip side, MOC has to go. How many coaches in the premiership would die to be able to put out the 23 we did yesterday and we still go smashed. It’s actually embarrassing. You read all the social media and other pundits and fans are laughing at us. Everyone knows it’s the coaching set up.

Let Murphy have the reins temporarily. Rowntree is around and would be an upgrade on MOC. Even if we beat Newcastle and win the next few games it won’t change anything. We always know that MOC is the problem and nothing can paper over the cracks anymore in his lack of ability in coaching.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:44 pm Don’t understand why people are pointing the finger at Cohen and Glynn. They have nothing to do with how the side played yesterday. I personally think the recruitment this season has been good and we’re always constrained by the salary cap which some people seem to forget.

On the flip side, MOC has to go. How many coaches in the premiership would die to be able to put out the 23 we did yesterday and we still go smashed. It’s actually embarrassing. You read all the social media and other pundits and fans are laughing at us. Everyone knows it’s the coaching set up.

Let Murphy have the reins temporarily. Rowntree is around and would be an upgrade on MOC. Even if we beat Newcastle and win the next few games it won’t change anything. We always know that MOC is the problem and nothing can paper over the cracks anymore in his lack of ability in coaching.
I wouldn't even let Murphy stay? The dithering about the DoR/HC by the board has been the real problem that resulted in MOC being chosen. IMHO there is this 'leicester culture' that seems to drag on and on which again IMO does nothing but hold the players back even if some it actually comes from them? The pedigree of the squad is one of the best in the league this season and I agree that the coaching of such talent falls short for whatever reason? IMO the Tigers need a 'Pat Howard' DoR. It will be interesting to see if there is a 'turn-around' of fortune next week, which I am looking forward to? The Falcons dug in against Sarries this afternoon and they will be a 'handful' at WR on Sat. To be -34 points after the first game is a very big concern, even Bristol will fancy their chances at WR me thinks?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

Sorry but Murphy is part of the problem. He's hardly excelled in his current role so why on Earth would you give him the top job? That would be madness.

Geordie is probably my favourite player of all time but the black and white of it is that he's not been a great coach thus far. I fear it'd be a Mauger scenario all over again.
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

POSTIGER wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:58 pm Sorry but Murphy is part of the problem. He's hardly excelled in his current role so why on Earth would you give him the top job? That would be madness.

Geordie is probably my favourite player of all time but the black and white of it is that he's not been a great coach thus far. I fear it'd be a Mauger scenario all over again.
Like I said earlier, where is Geordan's ambition, why is he content in his current position, is he just hanging around waiting and hoping to fill a dead mans walking boots? For a player of his excellence and now with a good number of years coaching, why isn't he doing a Gustard etc?
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

LE18 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:12 pm
POSTIGER wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:58 pm Sorry but Murphy is part of the problem. He's hardly excelled in his current role so why on Earth would you give him the top job? That would be madness.

Like I said earlier, where is Geordan's ambition, why is he content in his current position, is he just hanging around waiting and hoping to fill a dead mans walking boots? For a player of his excellence and now with a good number of years coaching, why isn't he doing a Gustard etc?
I think you are over estimating how easy it is to get a coaching job.

Gustard started his coaching 5/6 years earlier than Murphy.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

He was very close to joining Cardiff Blues as their Head Coach apparently.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:35 pm
JP14 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:06 pmTigerbeat, say this loud and clear to your superiors, Tigers fans are not bluffing, we will act if O'Connor, Cohen and Glynn remain at the Club.
What are you aiming/planning/going to do?
Well, I can’t make next week, depending on the result will determine whether I attend the next game. An high absence of supporters would surely force the Board’s hand.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

As said above he was interviewed for the Cardiff job and came close to getting the head coach position there. He takes control during the domestic cup competition and A league so he has chance to coach a team and develop as a head coach on match day (even if it's not big game match day).

I'd like to see us bring in Ben Herring. He was a breakdown skills coach when he left us (at a time we were good in that department) and has offered those skills alongside coaching defence in Japan for both club and country. It's an area we could do with some fresh thinking whether we change the top man or not.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Maybe because he is not as good as Gustard? Gustard has only had one game so lets see how it pans out come January?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

TigerCam wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:20 am

Maybe because he is not as good as Gustard? Gustard has only had one game so lets see how it pans out come January?
Like I said, I understood he had the Cardiff job, but decided to stay with us! Who knows for sure?
I'm also unsure as to who retired first, Gustard or Geordan. I don't think we should make too much of the AWC coaching, what was the opposition really like, in the Final we played a strong team, in other rounds, were the others development teams, is this really a good measure of his ability to be a HC? Great player, Yes.
He must still be very close to many of the players, does he have the clout to occassionaly have to do the dirty jobs on his mates?
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

LE18 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:15 pm
TigerCam wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:20 am

Like I said, I understood he had the Cardiff job, but decided to stay with us! Who knows for sure?
I'm also unsure as to who retired first, Gustard or Geordan. I don't think we should make too much of the AWC coaching, what was the opposition really like, in the Final we played a strong team, in other rounds, were the others development teams, is this really a good measure of his ability to be a HC? Great player, Yes.
He must still be very close to many of the players, does he have the clout to occassionaly have to do the dirty jobs on his mates?
It's a fact Gustard retired and went into coaching 5 years before Murphy.
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Surely MOC has to go.
His recent record at Tigers is noted by failures rather than triumphs.
Biggest defeats. first team not to score a try on opening game. Not making playoffs.
He sated we were prepared and accomplished what we wanted in pre season. We spent on bulking up the forwards to get our backline firing.Saw no evidence of this on Saturday.
Please keep Mr Bakewell, see if we can recruit Mr Rowndtree and get the doggedness of Mr Johnson back into the team.

Any one who had the good of the club in their DNA (as most supporters do) would see that MOC's ego would not let him fall on his sword.
This club survives by the huge support of the paying fans. Don't make mugs out of them. Poor soundbites, broken promises and capitulation is not the TIGERS way.
Stronger in stripes - really..........
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Feels like its only the supporters and the odd player that has the club DNA in them these days and perhaps thats part of the problem. To 'die' for the cause you need to believe in it. Thats a cultural thing set from the very top down through the club and thats why people are questioning to positions of senior management and rightly so.
I'm not cynical just experienced
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Wonder if Venter fancies a big challenge.
NorthernTigers

Post by NorthernTigers »

JP14 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:38 pm
WhitecapTiger wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:35 pm
JP14 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:06 pmTigerbeat, say this loud and clear to your superiors, Tigers fans are not bluffing, we will act if O'Connor, Cohen and Glynn remain at the Club.
What are you aiming/planning/going to do?
Well, I can’t make next week, depending on the result will determine whether I attend the next game. An high absence of supporters would surely force the Board’s hand.
This is the only tool those loyal fans have, vote with their feet just for one game! We are no longer a top club apart from our history. It's about time all sat up and noticed, took action and forced a change, surely enough is enough....