Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Crumblies
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: MOC to be sacked?

Post by Crumblies »

[quote=ellis9

Firstly, sacking Cockerill was wrong. Secondly, appointing Mauger was wrong.
Thirdly, appointing MOC was wrong, which I said at the time.
Finally, whoever decided we should change the style of play to "entertain" the supporters was wrong. I also said this at the time too.
[/quote]

A lot of definitive conclusions here. All of which of course Ellis are in your opinion. Might be nice if you made that clear! As I did in my post.

A sad trait in my experience are those that will exploit someone else’s failure or downfall as as evidence of their own success or agenda.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

drc_007 wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:25 pm I expect it will be very expensive to sack MOC mid season, I don't know what contract he has but he would probably due significant compensation. I assume he has been set objectives, top 4 in league and qualify from HC pool? If at the end of the season he fails to meet his objective they can presumably remove him with minimal cost. One would hope that they would also have a replacement in mind to step straight in.
The same objectives that Cockerill had but he was sacked mid season before he had chance to complete them. Why should MOC be any different when we are in a worse position?
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Agree apart from your first phrase
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Crumblies wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:36 pm [quote=ellis9

Firstly, sacking Cockerill was wrong. Secondly, appointing Mauger was wrong.
Thirdly, appointing MOC was wrong, which I said at the time.
Finally, whoever decided we should change the style of play to "entertain" the supporters was wrong. I also said this at the time too.
A lot of definitive conclusions here. All of which of course Ellis are in your opinion. Might be nice if you made that clear! As I did in my post.

A sad trait in my experience are those that will exploit someone else’s failure or downfall as as evidence of their own success or agenda.[/quote]

I'm sure people can work out the difference between opinion and fact. It doesn't need me to point it out.
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

Why do a lot of posters keep saying we should bring back old players etc to take coaching roles within the club, it quite clear that people like Mauger, Murphy etc are not up to the job, great players don't make great coaches, we need a complete clear out and bring in a new and non Tigers group of coaches, the Tigers way is dead and we need a new club focus to go forward.
We need to stop living in the past.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

sacking Cockerill was wrong: opinion
Appointing Mauger was wrong: opinion
Appointing MOC was wrong: FACT!

Imvho
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

WiggoTiger wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:28 pm Surely O'connor had a say in the signings that's why we got him in well before the end of the season.
Probably not all but a number of them certainly. Kalamafoni and Ford were already confirmed. You'd assume he signed off on Joe after he arrived. Mapapalangi, Ryan, Malouf and Pakalani were all players he'd worked with previously. The Slater for May swap was under his tenure certainly.

I think we have to give MOC a little more time. If he cannot get this team like how we expect by February I expect the board to be looking at contingency plans. Having said that they didn't last time, we wasted silly money bringing a consultancy firm in to tell the board to hire whomever they felt like.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:41 pm sacking Cockerill was wrong: opinion
Appointing Mauger was wrong: opinion
Appointing MOC was wrong: FACT!

Imvho

Oh, maybe I do need to point out what an opinion is.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

drc_007 wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:25 pm I expect it will be very expensive to sack MOC mid season, I don't know what contract he has but he would probably due significant compensation. I assume he has been set objectives, top 4 in league and qualify from HC pool? If at the end of the season he fails to meet his objective they can presumably remove him with minimal cost. One would hope that they would also have a replacement in mind to step straight in.
If those are indeed his objectives then he will fail to meet them way before the end of the Season, I see no point in prolonging this agony.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

G.K wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:46 pm
If those are indeed his objectives then he will fail to meet them way before the end of the Season, I see no point in prolonging this agony.
Technically, he hasn't fully failed yet. Mathematically, we could win the league just like we could have when Cockerill was sacked early.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

The sooner the better, he should never have been re-appointed in the first instance, (or should I say 2nd time) as I said to Mr Cohen on the phone. He told me MOC was appointed on the recommendation of Ben Kay and Rory Underwood, (dont think they ever appointed Consultants) he was appointed on his previous achievements under Richard Cockerill and his success at Leinster in winning Pro 14. I disputed the credentials of the Pro 14 and the accolade, as not up to PR level, only to be poo pooed by him.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

ellis9 wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:50 pm
WirralExile wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:46 pm But who do you get to replace him? Let’s face it, there are not a ready supply of Head Coaches/Directors of Rugby out there. I know Mike Ford is available, but who on here wants him?
Give it to Murphy until the end of the season and spend the next 5 months apologising to and begging Cockerill to come back.
Why give to a the skills coach when it is the basic skills that is causing most of the issues?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Please tell me youre joking LE18! He failed to make the playoffs in his first proper season,they despised him there!
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:56 pm Please tell me youre joking LE18! He failed to make the playoffs in his first proper season,they despised him there!
Absolutely gospel truth I'm telling you!
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

LE18 wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:00 pm
Rugbyflanker wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:56 pm Please tell me youre joking LE18! He failed to make the playoffs in his first proper season,they despised him there!
Absolutely gospel truth I'm telling you!
:smt022 :smt022
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!