Cohen, Glynn, to be sacked?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

FrontRowUnionMember
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Cohen, Glynn, MOC to be sacked?

Post by FrontRowUnionMember »

I think we missed a trick not going for Gustard. Known to Tigers, huge reputation as a defence coach after his Sarries stint, now making the step up to the top job.
I'm still an advocate of chasing Jamie Joseph and Tony Brown, track record of delivering relentless forward play and invention in attack. Ultimately the players listed yesterday are all high calibre, but they appear to lack any kind of direction and cohesive gameplan.
It was hard listening to Bayfield and Nowell at half time talking about how Tigers we're trying to slow the game down as they couldn't cope with Exeter's pressure. That's not the Tigers way, our forte has always been us being the side dominating teams with ruthless power, not us being the team just trying to hang on.
If you compare the sides yesterday, I think in terms of individual ability, our side was the strongest, look at the matchups if you were to make a composite team, but ultimately Exeter performed far better as a team, they know what each other is going, and what needs to be done, Tigers still look disjointed, and that is down to coaching, not individual players ability. For that the blame lays with O'Connor, and ultimately the board for shortchanging the fans when going on this 'worldwide search' for the right appointment.
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

Won't happen, the board won't fall on their sword. We're stuck with MoC.

What frustrates me is that Ben Kay talks a lot of sense on the TV and is also on the board - is he not being listened too?
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Coops wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:43 pm Won't happen, the board won't fall on their sword. We're stuck with MoC.

What frustrates me is that Ben Kay talks a lot of sense on the TV and is also on the board - is he not being listened too?
It won't be the Board that fall on their sword though.
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Look on the bright side. We still have 21 premiership games to play before relegation. :smt010
I'm not cynical just experienced
tripeandonions
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by tripeandonions »

The recruitment of O'Connor reminded me of that Douglas Adams book where a super-computer (Deep Thought?) was built, to provide the answer to the question about the creation of the universe.

After the cream of the planet's scientists and philosophers had finished their lifelong tasks of programming and feeding in data, the world waited with bated breath for Deep Thought to produce its answer to the Big Question.

And it's answer was "42".
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

If the Daily Mail’s info on the Board wanting that sacked Widney’s coach from league, then I imagine he will be top of the list of priorities which is worrying...

I don’t rate Murphy as a skills coach, but I absolutely rate him as a senior coach and as a person too based on our AWC performance and I think he can steer the ship until someone interim (like how Northampton did it) till the end of the season.

It’s all very well saying get rid of Cohen (which I absolutely agree with) but who’s going to replace him? Sir Clive Woodward?
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

JP14 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:09 pm If the Daily Mail’s info on the Board wanting that sacked Widney’s coach from league, then I imagine he will be top of the list of priorities which is worrying...

I don’t rate Murphy as a skills coach, but I absolutely rate him as a senior coach and as a person too based on our AWC performance and I think he can steer the ship until someone interim (like how Northampton did it) till the end of the season.

It’s all very well saying get rid of Cohen (which I absolutely agree with) but who’s going to replace him? Sir Clive Woodward?
Reminded me of the familiar senior management ploy of making a decision based on no analysis at all and then realising they need to create the illusion of some justification.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

JP14 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:09 pm If the Daily Mail’s info on the Board wanting that sacked Widney’s coach from league, then I imagine he will be top of the list of priorities which is worrying...

I have no idea on the CEO market.

It doesn't even have to be a guy with Rugby experience.
MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MikeR »

Get off your backsides and write to Peter Tom NOW ! . I have done and if he gets enough moans he will do something .
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

MikeR wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:35 pm Get off your backsides and write to Peter Tom NOW ! . I have done and if he gets enough moans he will do something .
My personal impression is Tom doesn't seem to care that much anymore.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I still don’t think that Lancaster should be Head Coach be he could be a good senior coach, I’m sure he’s in charge of fitness or something at Leinster.

While a year ago, I said that if Lancaster came to Tigers I would cancel my season ticket I wouldn’t do that now but I still don’t want him as a Head Coach/DoR.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:41 pm
MikeR wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:35 pm Get off your backsides and write to Peter Tom NOW ! . I have done and if he gets enough moans he will do something .
My personal impression is Tom doesn't seem to care that much anymore.
He will write some dribble in the match day programme giving his complete assurance.
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

BoD won't do anything until revenues are significantly negatively impacted. Be interesting to see the ratio of TV revenue to ticket and merchandise sales. I get the impression that supporter revenue is of lessening importance and consequently so their influence.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

The BOD have a reputation of being pretty ruthless and will do something when needed.
The thing is will it just be more of the same.
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Independent article on the Web. The gyst is Tigers reduced to tame pussy cats and MOC future already in jeopardy. From the quote from Rob Baxter Exeter knew some of our guys had not had enough game time pre-season and targeted the fact. This what you call doing your homework and preparing your team.
Last edited by Scuttle on Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As Good As It Gets